Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 9

Welp, I knew my unbeaten streak was bound to end.  After two straight 3-0 weeks, I fell back to earth with a 1-1 week.  But I take great solace in the fact that my loss was the tacks unexpected loss to Cincinnati and their second loss in a row after starting off undefeated.  I take great injoyment in seeing the tacks lose as a general rule.  Elsewhere in the division, the Colts seemed to put together a complete performance, throttling the Lions last week by three TDs, moving into a tie with the tacks.  Houston and Jacksonville were off last week, but it doesn't mean there was no news   Jaguars QB Gardner Minshew was diagnosed as having fractures in his thumb on his throwing hand and is expected to miss some games.  The Jaguars have named rookie 6th round pick Jake Luton as the sterter this weekend.  We will see how deserving he was of the praise he was getting in training camp.  Meanwhile Houston was rumored to move WRs Kenny Stills and Brandon Cooks-the guys relied upon to take up the skacl for the traded DeAndsre Hopkins.

As for this weeks games....?

Houston (1-6) at Jacksonville (1-6)-In a rematch of the movable object and the resistible force, the Texans come to Jacksonville to take on the Jaguars.  Miami undoubtedly is rooting for Jacksonville, since they own Houston's first round draft pick in 2021.  I guess to the extent the league does not want the Jaguars to end up with Trevor Lawrence, the league is rooting for the Jaguars to win as well.  The problem is the two best players on the field are the Texans QB DeShaun Watson and DL JJ Watt.  Houston wins 34-17.

Chicago (5-3) at Tennessee (5-3)-This is the first of two really intriguing and difficult matchups in the division this week.  In the attempt to bolster a surprisingly lackluster for them defense, the tacks traded for CB Desmond King as they take on the visiting Bears.  I'm thinking bears' edge rusher Khalil Mack is due for a big game against the tacks backup T, but do the Bears have enough offense to exploit the tack weakness at D?  Roquan Smith needs to have another big day if the Bears are to slow tack RB Derrick Henry.  Not sure if they can do it, nor am I sure the tacks manage to lose 3 straight.  Tacks win 24-20.

Baltimore (5-2) vs.  Indy (5-2)-The Colts have a good defense, though they don't have the kind of playmakers the Steelers have on defense, or the Chiefss have on offense-the two teams that managed to beat Baltimore this year.  On the other hand, I know the Ravens have way more playmakers on both sides of the ball than Jacksonville, who beat the Colts opening weekend.  Ravens win 30-23.

Last week:  1-1
Overall:  18-6

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 02:10 AM by Redrunt82.)

*My picks for this week*

Texans---- Hard to pick Jags anymore.  Angry
Bears ----- I am going to give the edge to the Bears Defense.
Ravens---- I don't see Indy's offense dealing with the Raven's defense very well.

Last week:   1-1
Overall    :  16-8
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

Texans
Titans
Colts

0-2 last week
15-9 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 09:19 PM by snowwolf776.)

16-8 overall

tittians

Ravans

jags can surpise people this week includeing us. I don't except them to win, theres no nfl film yet on luton which might make a possbille chanllage for opposseing defenses.

jags defense though hasn't even slowed anyone down.  Jags will end up loseing again due to defense. so im takeing the Texans.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

tacks
ravens
houston

15-9

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

1-1 last week
16-8 overall

Titans over Bears
Texans over Jaguars
Ravens over Colts
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

1 - 1 last week
14 - 10 overall

Houston
Chicago
Baltimore

12-12 on the season

Titans
Texans
Colts

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 02:15 PM by SeldomRite.)

Houston, tacks, Baltimore.

16-8 coming into the week.

(11-05-2020, 09:24 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Welp, I knew my unbeaten streak was bound to end.  After two straight 3-0 weeks, I fell back to earth with a 1-1 week.  But I take great solace in the fact that my loss was the tacks unexpected loss to Cincinnati and their second loss in a row after starting off undefeated.  I take great injoyment in seeing the tacks lose as a general rule.  Elsewhere in the division, the Colts seemed to put together a complete performance, throttling the Lions last week by three TDs, moving into a tie with the tacks.  Houston and Jacksonville were off last week, but it doesn't mean there was no news   Jaguars QB Gardner Minshew was diagnosed as having fractures in his thumb on his throwing hand and is expected to miss some games.  The Jaguars have named rookie 6th round pick Jake Luton as the sterter this weekend.  We will see how deserving he was of the praise he was getting in training camp.  Meanwhile Houston was rumored to move WRs Kenny Stills and Brandon Cooks-the guys relied upon to take up the skacl for the traded DeAndsre Hopkins.

As for this weeks games....?

Houston (1-6) at Jacksonville (1-6)-In a rematch of the movable object and the resistible force, the Texans come to Jacksonville to take on the Jaguars.  Miami undoubtedly is rooting for Jacksonville, since they own Houston's first round draft pick in 2021.  I guess to the extent the league does not want the Jaguars to end up with Trevor Lawrence, the league is rooting for the Jaguars to win as well.  The problem is the two best players on the field are the Texans QB DeShaun Watson and DL JJ Watt.  Houston wins 34-17.

Chicago (5-3) at Tennessee (5-3)-This is the first of two really intriguing and difficult matchups in the division this week.  In the attempt to bolster a surprisingly lackluster for them defense, the tacks traded for CB Desmond King as they take on the visiting Bears.  I'm thinking bears' edge rusher Khalil Mack is due for a big game against the tacks backup T, but do the Bears have enough offense to exploit the tack weakness at D?  Roquan Smith needs to have another big day if the Bears are to slow tack RB Derrick Henry.  Not sure if they can do it, nor am I sure the tacks manage to lose 3 straight.  Tacks win 24-20.

Baltimore (5-2) vs.  Indy (5-2)-The Colts have a good defense, though they don't have the kind of playmakers the Steelers have on defense, or the Chiefss have on offense-the two teams that managed to beat Baltimore this year.  On the other hand, I know the Ravens have way more playmakers on both sides of the ball than Jacksonville, who beat the Colts opening weekend.  Ravens win 30-23.

Last week:  1-1
Overall:  18-6
This week:  3-0
Overall:  21-6

(11-06-2020, 02:48 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: Texans
Titans
Colts

0-2 last week
15-9 overall

2-1 this week
17-10 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(11-06-2020, 10:00 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 16-8 overall

tittians

Ravans

jags can surpise people this week includeing us. I don't except them to win, theres no nfl film yet on luton which might make a possbille chanllage for opposseing defenses.

jags defense though hasn't even slowed anyone down.  Jags will end up loseing again due to defense. so im takeing the Texans.

3-0 this week moveing up to 19-8 overall.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2020, 12:33 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

(11-06-2020, 01:46 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: tacks
ravens
houston

15-9

18-9
I need to remember my rule about not picking the jags till they win twice next year. They really tanked me early on.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-09-2020, 12:32 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 01:46 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: tacks
ravens
houston

15-9

18-9
I need to remember my rule about not picking the jags till they win twice next year. They really tanked me early on.

Misplaced faith in my Jaguars has cost me many games over the years.  SMH

no picks this week, I blame fambly in law. Still hovering at 14-9. Sucks because I'd have made the same picks as Bullseye, and who doesn't want a perfect week?

(11-06-2020, 06:02 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 1-1 last week
16-8 overall

Titans over Bears
Texans over Jaguars
Ravens over Colts

3-0 this week
19-8 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.