Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew done the rest of the year?

According to these Jaguar Analyst, they say yes.   The Jaguars are losing with Minshew and without him so rather he plays or not does not make a difference in the results.  I like Minshew but I have to agree. Unless Luton gets hurt or really puts up a series of stinker games, there is no reason to go back to the Stache.  It sucks because he is a fun guy. I don't know if he has the talent to be elite.  I put Minshew in the same Category as Fitzpatrick.  That is not a bad thing because Fitz has played for 15 years.  It is very hard to say if Minshew can carry a team. It's also interesting a rookie QB came in and instantly threw for over 300 yards with the same offense.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

For now I'm going to say no. But if Jake plays well against the Packers and the Jags actually win, we might see a situation where the staff isn't' in a rush to bring Gardner back. And Jake continues to start especially if he shows improvement. So maybe it could eventually turn that way.

But I definitely hope Gardner gets to start again and plays well.

(11-09-2020, 05:36 PM)mal234 Wrote: For now I'm going to say no. But if Jake plays well against the Packers and the Jags actually win, we might see a situation where the staff isn't' in a rush to bring Gardner back. And Jake continues to start especially if he shows improvement. So maybe it could eventually turn that way.

There is no way, on heaven or earth, the Jags will beat the Packers next week.

That's exactly why Luton should stay on the field if that ever happens. I mean, he must have been pretty special for that to happen unless you think it's Wash that will be the hero.

(11-09-2020, 05:48 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 05:36 PM)mal234 Wrote: For now I'm going to say no. But if Jake plays well against the Packers and the Jags actually win, we might see a situation where the staff isn't' in a rush to bring Gardner back. And Jake continues to start especially if he shows improvement. So maybe it could eventually turn that way.

There is no way, on heaven or earth, the Jags will beat the Packers next week.

The Packers defense isn't that good, but Rodgers is probably gonna throw 6 TD's against us. I say Packers 45 Jags 29.

are we sure the analysts weren't saying the Jaguars are done for the year?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Rodgers is going to slice this secondary up.

(11-09-2020, 06:41 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: are we sure the analysts weren't saying the Jaguars are done for the year?

The Jags were done after week 1.  That was our Super Bowl.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-09-2020, 09:05 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Rodgers is going to slice this secondary up.

C'mon it's November, Rodgers is going to carve this secondary up.

And just like that... the Magic was gone.

(11-09-2020, 11:54 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: And just like that... the Magic was gone.

Was enjoyable while it lasted if this was it....  too short lived IMHO. I want more of Mustache!

(11-09-2020, 11:57 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 11:54 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: And just like that... the Magic was gone.

Was enjoyable while it lasted if this was it....  too short lived IMHO. I want more of Mustache!

Honestly, I'd like to see him reinvent himself and come back stronger, maybe shave his head and facial hair, come back with that David Carradine Buddhist monk look. It could be the Jags'  next gimmick. They can pass out shaving cream at the home games.

I do wonder if/when Gardner might come back. I could see him coming back some time this season. If the team/Jake had won today's game, I could see the team continuing not to be in a rush to bring Gardner back. Though, the team lost. I could see them maybe giving Gardner at least one more week off.. We'll see how the Jake/the team defense plays next week. It could be interesting if the defense plays again and the team actually wins or even has another close loss.

Luton sucked this week. The Stache will be back when he’s healthy.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-15-2020, 06:50 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Luton sucked this week. The Stache will be back when he’s healthy.

His WRs falling down certainly didn't help matters.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

There is no point in putting Minshew back in. We know what he is. Keep giving Luton more experience. It's not like it's gonna matter one way or another. We suck either way.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2020, 07:03 PM by mal234.)

(11-15-2020, 06:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There is no point in putting Minshew back in. We know what he is. Keep giving Luton more experience. It's not like it's gonna matter one way or another. We suck either way.

I think he will probably be put back in at some point. Especially if they believe that his injury was hampering his play the last few games before he started sitting out. 

I think that Doug is still fighting for his job. And he will end up doing whatever he thinks won't get him fired. I think if he thinks that inserting Gardner back into the lineup at some point, will help him out he will do that.

Jake has not played better than Gardner has at either one of their bests this season. And I don't know if he will. He might... I don't know. And I'm not trying to be hard on him, I do like him and though I am a Gardner fan, have been supportive of Jake as well. And I understand that he's a rookie and he can develop/grow. But I do think that Gardner still should get and is deserving of starting games and finishing out this season at some point. 

Unless Jake ends up starting again and leading the Jags on a winning streak, I think we could see Gardner again at some point.

(11-15-2020, 07:02 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 06:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There is no point in putting Minshew back in. We know what he is. Keep giving Luton more experience. It's not like it's gonna matter one way or another. We suck either way.

I think he will probably be put back in at some point. Especially if they believe that his injury was hampering his play the last few games before he started sitting out. 

I think that Doug is still fighting for his job. And he will end up doing whatever he thinks won't get him fired. I think if he thinks that inserting Gardner back into the lineup at some point, will help him out he will do that.

Jake has not played better than Gardner has at either one of their bests this season. And I don't know if he will. He might... I don't know. And I'm not trying to be hard on him, I do like him and though I am a Gardner fan, have been supportive of Jake as well. And I understand that he's a rookie and he can develop/grow. But I do think that Gardner still should get and is deserving of starting games and finishing out this season at some point. 

Unless ends up starting again and leading the Jags on a winning streak, I think we could see Gardner again at some point.

The injury had nothing to do with Minshew's play. The kid peaked. He is what he is.

Doug isn't fighting for his job. He should be canned after the final game of the season. Nothing he does from here on out should save him. We need a clean sweep of the coaching staff and GM positions. 

I'm not really a fan of either QB. I just don't see the point in putting Minshew back in. We know what he is and it's not a franchise QB. Lets keep Luton in and see if he could develop into a decent backup. 

I hope you're wrong.

(11-15-2020, 07:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 07:02 PM)mal234 Wrote: I think he will probably be put back in at some point. Especially if they believe that his injury was hampering his play the last few games before he started sitting out. 

Unless ends up starting again and leading the Jags on a winning streak, I think we could see Gardner again at some point.

The injury had nothing to do with Minshew's play. The kid peaked. He is what he is.

Doug isn't fighting for his job. He should be canned after the final game of the season. Nothing he does from here on out should save him. We need a clean sweep of the coaching staff and GM positions. 

I'm not really a fan of either QB. I just don't see the point in putting Minshew back in. We know what he is and it's not a franchise QB. Lets keep Luton in and see if he could develop into a decent backup. 

I hope you're wrong.

I think it had a significant impact on it, especially his accuracy which kept declining. He may not have the strongest arm, but he was doing stuff like missing pretty easy throws, that he has made in the past. 

We'll see what happens, and how he plays should he return to the starting lineup. Also, I think that Jake is showing that he can at least be a decent backup. He's looked better than some other rookie QB's that started in backup roles this year, including Ben DiNucci of the Cowboys.

(11-15-2020, 07:11 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 07:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The injury had nothing to do with Minshew's play. The kid peaked. He is what he is.

I hope you're wrong.

I think it had a significant impact on it, especially his accuracy which kept declining. He may not have the strongest arm, but he was doing stuff like missing pretty easy throws, that he has made in the past. 

We'll see what happens, and how he plays should he return to the starting lineup. Also, I think that Jake is showing that he can at least be a decent backup. He's looked better than some other rookie QB's that started in backup roles this year, including Ben DiNucci of the Cowboys.

We are 1-8, no one deserves a start... right now we have a very small sampling from Luton and need to know who will be our number 2 QB next year.