Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 10

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 10:55 PM by Bullseye.)

Last week, Jaguars’ rookie QB Jake Luton had his first start and promptly threw a 76 yard TD pass in his first series and played decently for a rookie getting his first start.  But it wasn’t enough to get the Jaguars their second win of the season against Houston.  Now I don’t expect two 1-6 teams to get the best officiating crews, but I do expect whatever officiating crew we DO get to be able to enforce a simple delay of game penalty.  But apparently that is asking too much of the league, as the Texans scored a deep TDs having snapped the ball some four seconds after the play clock hit sero.  I also think the Jaguars were robbed of a safety earlier in the game, but nevermind that now.  News that JJ Watt will likely be gone next year was welcome by Jaguars fans=at least me.  I’ve grown tired of him terrorizing our offense year after year.  Meanwhile, in the battle of the Mayflower, Baltimore edged Indy as the conference seeding slowly develops into form.  The tacks ended a two game losing streak, beating the Bears 24-17.

After taking a loss the week before, I managed to get back up to my 3rd unbeaten week in the last 4 weeks. My best such streak for me as far back as I can remember.  Not sure how long this will last for me, but I will enjoy it while it lasts.

On to this week’s picks…

Colts (5-3) at tacks (6-2)-I don't see the Colts stopping Derrick Henry.  Tacks win 26-23.

Jaguars (1-7) at Packers (6-2)-Pfffft!   {ackers can name their score.  I say Packers win 38-13.

Houston (2-6) at Cleveland (5-3)-I don't fully trust Cleveland, but the Texans are really bad.  Cleveland wins 27-20.

Last week:  3-0
Overall:  21-6

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-11-2020, 10:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week, Jaguars’ rookie QB Jake Luton had his first start and promptly threw a 76 yard TD pass in his first series and played decently for a rookie getting his first start.  But it wasn’t enough to get the Jaguars their second win of the season against Houston.  Now I don’t expect two 1-6 teams to get the best officiating crews, but I do expect whatever officiating crew we DO get to be able to enforce a simple delay of game penalty.  But apparently that is asking too much of the league, as the Texans scored a deep TDs having snapped the ball some four seconds after the play clock hit sero.  I also think the Jaguars were robbed of a safety earlier in the game, but nevermind that now.  News that JJ Watt will likely be gone next year was welcome by Jaguars fans=at least me.  I’ve grown tired of him terrorizing our offense year after year.  Meanwhile, in the battle of the Mayflower, Baltimore edged Indy as the conference seeding slowly develops into form.  The tacks ended a two game losing streak, beating the Bears 24-17.

After taking a loss the week before, I managed to get back up to my 3rd unbeaten week in the last 4 weeks. My best such streak for me as far back as I can remember.  Not sure how long this will last for me, but I will enjoy it while it lasts.

On to this week’s picks…

Colts (5-3) at tacks (6-2)-I don't see the Colts stopping Derrick Henry.  Tacks win 26-23.

Jaguars (1-7) at Packers (6-2)-Pfffft!   {ackers can name their score.  I say Packers win 38-13.

Houston (2-6) at Cleveland (5-3)-I don't fully trust Cleveland, but the Texans are really bad.  Cleveland wins 27-20.

Tacks
Packers
Cleveland

Would love to disagree with bullseye, but any of these games going another way would be a upset.

18-9 overall.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

*My picks for this week*

Titans---- Rivers has taken too much pressure of late and I think the Titans D-line will get home often enough.
Packers ---- Don't see the Jags winning another one.
Browns---- I see the ground game of Cleveland giving Houston fits and Houston has only been able to beat the Jags so there is that.

Last week:   2-1
Overall    :  18-9
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

19-8 overall 

this week im takeing the 

tittians

packers

browns

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

14-9 on the season, thanks to missing last week's picks.

tacks 19 horseshoes 17: Both teams seem to have downward-pointing arrows, but someone has to get the win. I think Indy's arrow is downer. Let's just hope they don't need Rivers to make any more tackles. What was that?

Packers 33 Jags 14: Luton will be able to breathe now that he's not facing a DL with JJ Watt. Rodgers will abuse our young and dysfunctional defense all day long. It won't be pretty, but a loss is still a win for Jag fans. The biggest question to be answered will be whether Luton plays well enough to keep Minshew on the bench.

Browns 25 tinhorns 18: Mayfield is back, and the tinhorns are decimated by injury and or infectious disease. A garbage time TD makes this game seem closer than it really is. A true sign that 2020 is upside-down all over: the Browns are playoff contenders. Repent, for the end is near!

3-0 last week
19-8 overall

Titans over Colts
Packers over Jaguars
Browns over Texans
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

14-13 on the season

Titans
Packers
Browns

(11-12-2020, 10:05 AM)Mikey Wrote: 14-9 on the season, thanks to missing last week's picks.

tacks 19 horseshoes 17: Both teams seem to have downward-pointing arrows, but someone has to get the win. I think Indy's arrow is downer. Let's just hope they don't need Rivers to make any more tackles. What was that?

Packers 33 Jags 14: Luton will be able to breathe now that he's not facing a DL with JJ Watt. Rodgers will abuse our young and dysfunctional defense all day long. It won't be pretty, but a loss is still a win for Jag fans. The biggest question to be answered will be whether Luton plays well enough to keep Minshew on the bench.

Browns 25 tinhorns 18: Mayfield is back, and the tinhorns are decimated by injury and or infectious disease. A garbage time TD makes this game seem closer than it really is. A true sign that 2020 is upside-down all over: the Browns are playoff contenders. Repent, for the end is near!

(Emphasis added)

As to the text in bold, please elaborate.

Titans
Packers
Browns

Titans, Packers, Browns, too.

19-8 coming into the week.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020, 02:50 PM by KodiakJag.)

Late getting my picks in, but will take the Titans loss since I would have picked them anyway.

Titans
Packers
Browns

2-1 last week
17-10 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(11-11-2020, 10:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week, Jaguars’ rookie QB Jake Luton had his first start and promptly threw a 76 yard TD pass in his first series and played decently for a rookie getting his first start.  But it wasn’t enough to get the Jaguars their second win of the season against Houston.  Now I don’t expect two 1-6 teams to get the best officiating crews, but I do expect whatever officiating crew we DO get to be able to enforce a simple delay of game penalty.  But apparently that is asking too much of the league, as the Texans scored a deep TDs having snapped the ball some four seconds after the play clock hit sero.  I also think the Jaguars were robbed of a safety earlier in the game, but nevermind that now.  News that JJ Watt will likely be gone next year was welcome by Jaguars fans=at least me.  I’ve grown tired of him terrorizing our offense year after year.  Meanwhile, in the battle of the Mayflower, Baltimore edged Indy as the conference seeding slowly develops into form.  The tacks ended a two game losing streak, beating the Bears 24-17.

On to this week’s picks…

This week:  2-1
Overal:  23-7

I am proud with how hard the Jaguars played, and I am livid how the Jaguars were screed out of the game with that horse [BLEEP] holding call against AJ Cann on that TD run.

(11-12-2020, 10:03 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 19-8 overall 

this week im takeing the 

tittians

packers

browns

2-1 this week move to  21-9 overall

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-12-2020, 01:49 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:

On to this week’s picks…

Tacks
Packers
Cleveland

Would love to disagree with bullseye, but any of these games going another way would be a upset.

18-9 overall.

20-10
2-1 this week. Tacks not looking good lately.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-12-2020, 10:05 AM)Mikey Wrote: 14-9 on the season, thanks to missing last week's picks.

16-10 on the year after a 2-1 showing. Truth be told, I was very on the fence about taking Indy with the upset. I want to say that is two stinkers in a row for the tacks on TNF. Is Thursday their Kryptonite?

How bout that run by Chubb to end the game?

With respect to our game, I can't say that Luton cemented himself as the starter, but at this point I don't know that either QB improves our chances at winning.

(11-12-2020, 07:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

(Emphasis added)

I don't see either team establishing themselves as a power in the division. Early in the season, I figured tacks to be a team that could win in all facets, maybe lacking special teams. They could play D, run at will, and Tannehill was scorching defenses. Since Lewan went down, they have plummeted.

For Indy, I didn't expect Rivers to set the world afire, but they've struggled against some bad teams, even excepting our week 1 win. They've got a good enough defense, but make some BAD errors that lose games for them. Taylor doesn't seem up to the task of carrying the run game, and missing on the core players with an aging QB means they are going to be digging out of a hole not only the rest of this season, but for a few seasons to come.

Regardless of who wins the division, or even if both teams make the postseason, I don't see either making a run.

(11-12-2020, 12:28 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 3-0 last week
19-8 overall

Titans over Colts
Packers over Jaguars
Browns over Texans

2-1 this week
21-9 overall

Really ugly game for TN.  Doesn't get any better this week.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(11-16-2020, 10:33 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 07:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: (Emphasis added)

I don't see either team establishing themselves as a power in the division. Early in the season, I figured tacks to be a team that could win in all facets, maybe lacking special teams. They could play D, run at will, and Tannehill was scorching defenses. Since Lewan went down, they have plummeted.

For Indy, I didn't expect Rivers to set the world afire, but they've struggled against some bad teams, even excepting our week 1 win. They've got a good enough defense, but make some BAD errors that lose games for them. Taylor doesn't seem up to the task of carrying the run game, and missing on the core players with an aging QB means they are going to be digging out of a hole not only the rest of this season, but for a few seasons to come.

Regardless of who wins the division, or even if both teams make the postseason, I don't see either making a run.
Oddly enough, I haven't given too much thought to either team this  year, so I was interested in your perspective on this.  Thans for sharing.

To the extent I have given this thought, I figured the Colts could be considered on the rise (or at the very least not in decline) because of their defense, which has played well.  As for the taxks, their defense has fallen off, but I figured they would still be viable offensively.  Their receivers are better than at any point in their history dating all the way back to the run-n-shoot days, and Derrick Henry was still in his prime and healthy.