Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID 19 test are useless

Musk says took four COVID-19 tests; two were positive, two negative

Tesla Inc Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk said on Thursday he took four coronavirus tests on the same day, with two showing positive results, while the other two were negative.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business-lea...o-negative
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Baaaaaaaaaah. Sheep

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/califor...imitations

(11-13-2020, 07:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Baaaaaaaaaah.  Sheep

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/califor...imitations

Rules for thee but not for me. What a snake.

Pretty much what makes the "elites" unfit to rule.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/...-lockdown/

Beauty and brains. All fathers pray their sons find someone like this.

Am I supposed to be surprised that false-positives are a thing

I think it's fairly clear that we as a nation, aren't willing to do a full lockdown. They better figure something else out. 

I know a lot of small businesses in my area will risk an arrest before closing for the 4th or 5th time, whatever we're on.

(11-13-2020, 11:03 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I think it's fairly clear that we as a nation, aren't willing to do a full lockdown. They better figure something else out. 

I know a lot of small businesses in my area will risk an arrest before closing for the 4th or 5th time, whatever we're on.

Trump already figured it out with operation warp speed. Just in time for Biden to take the credit

With a vaccine around the corner, I don’t see lockdowns becoming a big issue next year. If anything they will serve as an impetus to get jabbed.

(11-13-2020, 09:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/...-lockdown/

Desantis Noem 2024

(11-14-2020, 08:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: With a vaccine around the corner, I don’t see lockdowns becoming a big issue next year. If anything they will serve as an impetus to get jabbed.

Fully half the country refuses to get a flu shot. You really think they're going to line up for a hurriedly-created and politically charged COVID vaccine?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-14-2020, 10:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 08:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: With a vaccine around the corner, I don’t see lockdowns becoming a big issue next year. If anything they will serve as an impetus to get jabbed.

Fully half the country refuses to get a flu shot. You really think they're going to line up for a hurriedly-created and politically charged COVID vaccine?

If the only other choice is living under the dictates of continuous lockdowns, yes. It may go slowly at first as people wait to see if those immunized grow a second head. If it proves to be safe, the numbers will pick up quickly.

(11-14-2020, 11:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 10:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Fully half the country refuses to get a flu shot. You really think they're going to line up for a hurriedly-created and politically charged COVID vaccine?

If the only other choice is living under the dictates of continuous lockdowns, yes. It may go slowly at first as people wait to see if those immunized grow a second head. If it proves to be safe, the numbers will pick up quickly.

Flu shots are safe, 52% compliance for something that's free. And that's a false dichotomy, lockdowns aren't the only other alternative, just the one that politicians want to use as a bludgeon.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 04:02 PM by mal234.)

(11-14-2020, 11:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 10:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Fully half the country refuses to get a flu shot. You really think they're going to line up for a hurriedly-created and politically charged COVID vaccine?

And I honestly I think some (quite possibly a lot) of the people pushing for this vaccine to be rushed haven't even taking a flu shot. And I'm not sure even some of those people would take a rushed COVID-19 vaccine as well. I think some of them are just providing lip service in hopes that other people might take the vaccine and that might be another way that will help protect them. I do wonder what will happen if a vaccine comes out some time next year. (Especially if it's earlier in the year).

I'm not anti vax, in fact I got my flu shot in October. But I can understand why some people would be leery of taking a new vaccine that has been rushed. I admit I'm a bit cautious regarding that as well. I could see some people waiting to take the shot for a while and seeing what effects it may have on other people. If they get a vaccine that early and people want to take it, then I feel that's okay. But I don't want to see anyone forced to take the vaccine or it be made mandatory (at least not that early on). It wouldn't have been around long enough to justify that IMO. But if it does become available and people have the option to take it, plus people continuing to do other stuff to help slow the spread of it for the time being, maybe that will be enough to quell more talks regarding lockdowns.

(11-14-2020, 03:58 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 11:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If the only other choice is living under the dictates of continuous lockdowns, yes. It may go slowly at first as people wait to see if those immunized grow a second head. If it proves to be safe, the numbers will pick up quickly.

And I honestly I think some (quite possibly a lot) of the people pushing for this vaccine to be rushed haven't even taking a flu shot. And I'm not sure even some of those people would take a rushed COVID-19 vaccine as well. I think some of them are just providing lip service in hopes that other people might take the vaccine and that might be another way that will help protect them. I do wonder what will happen if a vaccine comes out some time next year. (Especially if it's earlier in the year).

I'm not anti vax, in fact I got my flu shot in October. But I can understand why some people would be leery of taking a new vaccine that has been rushed. I admit I'm a bit cautious regarding that as well. I could see some people waiting to take the shot for a while and seeing what effects it may have on other people. If they get a vaccine that early and people want to take it, then I feel that's okay. But I don't want to see anyone forced to take the vaccine or it be made mandatory (at least not that early on). It wouldn't have been around long enough to justify that IMO. But if it does become available and people have the option to take it, plus people continuing to do other stuff to help slow the spread of it for the time being, maybe that will be enough to quell more talks regarding lockdowns.

I bet they start forcing it on people quickly, specially if Biden becomes president. If you want to stay in a nursing home, travel, go into the office, etc.

(11-14-2020, 04:25 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 03:58 PM)mal234 Wrote: And I honestly I think some (quite possibly a lot) of the people pushing for this vaccine to be rushed haven't even taking a flu shot. And I'm not sure even some of those people would take a rushed COVID-19 vaccine as well. I think some of them are just providing lip service in hopes that other people might take the vaccine and that might be another way that will help protect them. I do wonder what will happen if a vaccine comes out some time next year. (Especially if it's earlier in the year).

I bet they start forcing it on people quickly, specially if Biden becomes president. If you want to stay in a nursing home, travel, go into the office, etc.

I do wonder if they will. I could see with people with certain types of jobs (especially jobs in the medical field) and others types of jobs as well, possibly being required to take it. I hope that doesn't happen, it's soon to make this a required vaccine.

(11-14-2020, 11:59 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 11:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If the only other choice is living under the dictates of continuous lockdowns, yes. It may go slowly at first as people wait to see if those immunized grow a second head. If it proves to be safe, the numbers will pick up quickly.

Flu shots are safe, 52% compliance for something that's free. And that's a false dichotomy, lockdowns aren't the only other alternative, just the one that politicians want to use as a bludgeon.

I don't see that as a false dichotomy. If infection rates aren't lowered sufficiently politicians will force lockdowns. They already have and will continue to do so. We don't have to agree with it, but it's a reality.

(11-14-2020, 04:25 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 03:58 PM)mal234 Wrote: And I honestly I think some (quite possibly a lot) of the people pushing for this vaccine to be rushed haven't even taking a flu shot. And I'm not sure even some of those people would take a rushed COVID-19 vaccine as well. I think some of them are just providing lip service in hopes that other people might take the vaccine and that might be another way that will help protect them. I do wonder what will happen if a vaccine comes out some time next year. (Especially if it's earlier in the year).

I was forced to take anthrax vaccinations in the Navy. It's not like I had a choice considering I was on a ship in the middle of the ocean. There were some who refused and were punished for it. 

I have no problem getting the vaccination once it's released. It's not like scientists are working from complete unknowns. Knowledge about coronaviruses and vaccine research is extensive and the number of test subjects is substantial. 

I'll let you guys know if anything bad happens. That is, if the government lets me.  Ninja

(11-14-2020, 11:59 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

What other choices are realistically available at this time?  Unfortunately, many of our citizens are simply too stubborn/stupid to understand and voluntarily comply with reasonable safety procedures.  Infection rates are rising dramatically and weather is now working against us.  Optimistically, we're at least a couple months away from a readily available vaccine, which may or may not be widely accepted.  

"Lockdown" is a misnomer, perpetuated by a sensationalist media.  Mandated business closures, travel restrictions and gathering limitations; yes, we have and currently are experiencing all of those.  I expect all of that to continue and increase in the coming months.  I don't like it, but I'm also realistic enough to admit there aren't any attractive options.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-13-2020, 09:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/...-lockdown/

Somebody should tell that beautiful genius that South Dakota has the highest death rates, their hospitals are currently so overcrowded and understaffed that Covid positive nurses are allowed to work with Covid patients. Yeah she’s a real genius.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]