Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaches not that bad

I think most of us are wrong, I don't think our coaching staff is nearly as bad as we say. Our team is literally void of talent and we've been in most games this year. Some people might not like it but I really think Doug will be here next season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I feel like the coaches could have done a better job with this team than they have this season. Especially Todd Walsh. I do take into consideration that this team is very young, and that they didn't really get a traditional offseason. And I wonder how much better off they would have been if they had a traditional offseason and had been able to do more things in person, instead of all of the virtual stuff they initially did.

But the coaching staff continues to make bad and questionable decisions. Even Gruden who I have been getting on about abandoning the run too early. I think that hurt the Jags. And Todd Walsh has had this defense looking very unprepared. It's interesting that it looks like they are finally starting to gel.

Let's give them an extension. We are only 6 more years away from our 10 year playoff appearance.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

[Image: FarBlankAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif]

certainly a minority decision... I'm not on the same page.

I don't hate Marrone as most - Jay Gruden has yet to be fairly observed and the rest of the staff... well, that leaves a lot to be desired.

Unfortunately, in order to get this thing to the 'fresh, new start', everyone on this staff should be canned including GM Dave Caldwell.

That being said, if they canned everyone and maintained ONLY Marrone & McCardell, i could get on board if that was clearly indicated it was a prove-it deal for future years for them.

(11-15-2020, 09:14 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I think most of us are wrong, I don't think our coaching staff is nearly as bad as we say. Our team is literally void of talent and we've been in most games this year. Some people might not like it but I really think Doug will be here next season.

You really deserve this team and this season, congrats!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(11-15-2020, 09:14 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I think most of us are wrong, I don't think our coaching staff is nearly as bad as we say. Our team is literally void of talent and we've been in most games this year. Some people might not like it but I really think Doug will be here next season.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4392993]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Which coach is your dad?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Is that you, Shahid ?

Yea Caldwell has left us with nothing after a decade but come on Moron isn’t doing much either.

Both of them gotta go
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I doubt he'll be back next season. I think in the strictest sense, being a bad coach in the NFL is like being a bad player. Even the worst players were college superstars so it's relative. There are fans out there who probably think they could coach as well as Marrone or play at least as well as the worst player but of course that's ridiculous.

But it eventually comes down to the record. Marrone and Caldwell have had their chances and with the exception of one fluke season, have failed. Time to move on.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I do think coaches get too much blame. Our struggles are mostly due to the players. Caldwell should have been gone years ago and it's almost mind boggling that he's still here. That being said, I would fire Marrone at the end of the season. I agree with the person who said we need a "fresh start". If nothing else, the Jaguars need to send the message that losing is unacceptable. Are we really afraid we'll win fewer games with a different coaching staff?

Our coaching and personnel decisions on the defensive side of the ball, along with Minshew regression/ injury will get everyone fired.

Wash’s defense continues to make history in a bad way year after year. This year it is the most games in a row surrendering 30 points or more in 50 years. Teams like Atlanta and Seattle that run the same scheme are crumbling. The league has figured it out and we don’t have the avalanche of talent to cover it up anymore.

They're not as bad as the record would indicate, but they're not good enough to get this team where we as fans want it to be.  That's partly due to a lack of talent/depth.  But, this staff has good pieces, but overall, it's a group that's going to get you a bit above mediocrity, but not consistently.  The culture at the stadium needs to change, from the scouting staff and GM to the head coach and his staff.  Are there guys I'd love to see retained?  Yes.  But, I feel that's a decision a quality head coach needs to make.  That coach needs to be hired by the next GM.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 11:25 AM by wrong_box.)

I'm on the fence here.. I do agree that losing isn't a very good indicator of a good team/coach and Caldwell started out pretty sketchy. When he first started he cut the roster too deep, admitted it, and took the blame. Then he doubled down on Bortles after one run into the playoffs...The last few drafts he have been pretty decent, but still no QB... Why he likes 6th round QBs is beyond me...Wash has either been told to be more aggressive, or is finally figuring out that he has to be, and this game was the best the defense has played this year (IMHO)...We went toe to toe, head to head, with one of the best perennial play off teams in GB, and played well enough to win, and would have if not for penalties negating 2 touchdowns, but they happened, and should not be used as an excuse...The team is playing hard with a no quit attitude... 

IF and notice I said IF, this becomes a trend, and we can hang tight with the BIG DOGS, it just might be enough to keep Marrone around another year...It seems (to me anyway), that Mr Khan's idea of improvement isn't always represented by the number of wins, but looks at over all play, (and alludes to other things that he sees happening behind the curtin,)...If the overall play is improving, not just one game, but if we manage to still be in the game in the 4th quarter for the rest of the year, we should squeak out a victory or 2...If they play with the passion and intensity they played with yesterday for the rest of the year, I would nearly bet money that Caldwell and Marrone get one more year to try and field a winning or (improving) team... I would like to see Gruden and KM retained as OC and receivers coaches in the event of a coaching change  but that would be up to the new HC. I wouldn't want the new HC to be Gruden (yet)... I think he needs a few years back in the NFL before he gets crowned with a HC title, but it's just a matter of time before teams start throwing HC offers at him...

Welcome to the board Mrs. Marrone! Please enjoy your stay.

That defensive performance was good enough but Wash seemed to back away from what was working. Also you can't make up for the offense doing nothing beyond our awesome undrafted RB
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Coach BOOM is available !!!!

I actually like Marrone as a coach. He does a lot of things you would like from your head coach. I'd even go so far as to say he's an above average head coach.

But you cannot, in the NFL, have 3 disastrous losing seasons in a row. We need change in the worst way.

Coaches not that good either.