Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey - Worth Every Penny (article)

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-winners...04866.html

Article Title:  NFL Winners and Losers: Jalen Ramsey proves he's worth his $105 million as Rams make a statement

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This article has me rolling my eyes.

He did make Metcalf his [BLEEP] yesterday

(11-16-2020, 07:11 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He did make Metcalf his [BLEEP] yesterday

Quote:Just because a player had 35 coverage snaps without a target, it doesn’t necessarily mean that he wasn’t open. The broadcast crew of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman were adamant that Metcalf had been open for big gains several times throughout the game, but Wilson failed to attempt virtually all of those opportunities. The one time he didn’t was that earlier mentioned play against Williams, and all he did on Sunday was intercept Wilson.

Twice.

It makes some people so mad that he’s the best corner in the league..... and shutting down “the best WR in football”.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 08:01 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-16-2020, 07:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It makes some people so mad that he’s the best corner in the league..... and shutting down “the best WR in football”.

He aint even the best WR on his own team remember?  Darious Williams has been the best corner on the Rams though. I guess they had to put Williams on the best WR

Ramsey is a good football player. He didn’t want to be here. We got 2 first round picks plus for him. It worked out very well for both teams.

Sadly one of those picks is Chaisson and it doesn't seem like he is gonna be good.

If we had Lamb or Jefferson instead of Chaisson....
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We know he can get really motivated with these match-ups, but everything else is just baggage.

Ramsey is a beast. Like a few said did not wanna be here. We did great with the compensation. Chaisson could very well develop. Predicting our pick next year if we get TE Kyle Pitts I expect it to be totally worth it. We have 2 corners that could be excellent but we just don’t know yet. That pick Sidney Jones made ok Aaron Rodgers was beautiful and most cbs can’t even make that play!!!

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2020, 05:00 PM by JaguarKick.)

(11-16-2020, 07:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It makes some people so mad that he’s the best corner in the league..... and shutting down “the best WR in football”.

It doesn't make me mad that he's good, but I think there are a few corners who are better, mostly because they don't take plays off like he does.

The dude is extremely talented but I don't think he's worth that much money.

(11-17-2020, 05:00 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:

It doesn't make me mad that he's good, but I think there are a few corners who are better, mostly because they don't take plays off like he does.

The dude is extremely talented but I don't think he's worth that much money.

The contract, combined with the enormous trade compensation the LA Rams gave to the Jaguars, and the baggage ( including what you mentioned ) very likely will catch up to the Rams.  The question is probably when, not if. 

He shut down Hopkins? They haven't even played yet.

(11-18-2020, 08:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

He shut down Hopkins? They haven't even played yet.

"Best corner in the league" lol

Unpopular opinion around here but Jalen is playing like a first team all pro this season with the Rams.

He has a legitimate shot at DPOY of the year. So far the trade is Ramsey for Chaisson (lol), 2021 first, 2021 4th... let’s see who we get lol.

(12-11-2020, 01:04 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Unpopular opinion around here but Jalen is playing like a first team all pro this season with the Rams.

He has a legitimate shot at DPOY of the year. So far the trade is Ramsey for Chaisson (lol), 2021 first, 2021 4th... let’s see who we get lol.

Ramsey for Jefferson would make me feel better, but we all knew we couldn't trust Caldwell with the picks anyway.

Not to diminish the CB who doesn't pay child support, but having Aaron Donald on the defensive line doesn't hurt.

Ramsey is a great player and I still wish we had him instead of Caldwell,Coughlin, Marrone but whatever over it.

(12-11-2020, 01:04 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Unpopular opinion around here but Jalen is playing like a first team all pro this season with the Rams.

DPOY?  Lol, there is a defensive player on the Rams that might get it but its not Ramsey.  Ramsey won't even be in the discussion  Xavier Howard I could see in the discussion or even James Bradberry if the Giants make the playoff push.  Ramsey has been playing better as of late but far from the best corner but I wonder how much better our corners would be with AD.  The Rams made the SB a couple years ago without Ramsey.

Here are the CB rankings half way through the season. When the argument for top corner gets brought up Ramsey hasn't even been in the discussion the past couple of years except by a few on this board

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankings-th...nfl-season

(12-11-2020, 02:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Here are the CB rankings half way through the season.  When the argument for top corner gets brought up Ramsey hasn't even been in the discussion the past couple of years except by a few on this board

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankings-th...nfl-season
And? Through week 7 means pretty much nothing.

I know you’re having a hard time with this after Ramsey has shut down just about everyone including Metcalf.