Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey - Worth Every Penny (article)

(01-11-2021, 03:43 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 03:35 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:  
You are missing the fact that Ramsey was not hard to move. The return of 2 1st round picks proves that. You trade players for picks when the demand is low, IMO. Could of got a return of a player close in talent back. I would not trade a superstar for picks, I just think that’s flat out dumb.

How do you know he was not hard to move?  I certainly don't.  I don't know how you could.  That makes it an opinion rather than a fact.  How many times do you ever see any superstar player traded for equivalent player value?

He wasn’t hard to move, he netted 2 first rounders, does that suggest otherwise? Truly, you are right we don’t know. Not arguing with that. My gripe is the NFL has long been a player for pick trade style, and I’ve been long against it. The only teams this strategy works out for are ones with solid GMs. Patriots long known for trading players for picks, but they hit on the picks. We are a perennial top 10 draft pick team trading a superstar away because he is upset at a guy in charge who puts the clocks 15 mins ahead. Madness lol. 

So what’s that right move? IMO I think at the very least we could of gotten a probowl talent back. Instead we let the guy who picked Taven Bryan in the 20s make more selections. That’s what irks me. I just felt like we traded Ramsey for 2 Bryan’s. Let’s see what we do with the next pick with hopefully a solid GM. O line for TLAW would be a start.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-11-2021, 04:05 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 03:43 PM)RicoTx Wrote: How do you know he was not hard to move?  I certainly don't.  I don't know how you could.  That makes it an opinion rather than a fact.  How many times do you ever see any superstar player traded for equivalent player value?

He wasn’t hard to move, he netted 2 first rounders, does that suggest otherwise? Truly, you are right we don’t know. Not arguing with that. My gripe is the NFL has long been a player for pick trade style, and I’ve been long against it. The only teams this strategy works out for are ones with solid GMs. Patriots long known for trading players for picks, but they hit on the picks. We are a perennial top 10 draft pick team trading a superstar away because he is upset at a guy in charge who puts the clocks 15 mins ahead. Madness lol. 

So what’s that right move? IMO I think at the very least we could of gotten a probowl talent back. Instead we let the guy who picked Taven Bryan in the 20s make more selections. That’s what irks me. I just felt like we traded Ramsey for 2 Bryan’s. Let’s see what we do with the next pick with hopefully a solid GM. O line for TLAW would be a start.

That doesn't make any sense.  You just said player for player is rarely (if ever) done.  I don't see how you think we could have gotten a pro bowl talent back.

As to your first point, I think it suggests working a good deal.  And many of the 'experts' agreed.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-11-2021, 04:13 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 04:05 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: He wasn’t hard to move, he netted 2 first rounders, does that suggest otherwise? Truly, you are right we don’t know. Not arguing with that. My gripe is the NFL has long been a player for pick trade style, and I’ve been long against it. The only teams this strategy works out for are ones with solid GMs. Patriots long known for trading players for picks, but they hit on the picks. We are a perennial top 10 draft pick team trading a superstar away because he is upset at a guy in charge who puts the clocks 15 mins ahead. Madness lol. 

That doesn't make any sense.  You just said player for player is rarely (if ever) done.  I don't see how you think we could have gotten a pro bowl talent back.

As to your first point, I think it suggests working a good deal.  And many of the 'experts' agreed.

Player for player deals are rarely done in the NFL because every GM thinks they are the smartest guy in the room. They believe they will hit on the picks and have that player on a rookie deal. On the surface player for pick deals look great- as long as your GM hits right? When they don't you get fleeced. The risk/reward IMO isn't worth trading a superstar for picks. I do believe a player for player deal could have been achieved. Give me Kupp, I'll give you Ramsey. Is this weighted in the Rams favor? Yes, it is. But it is a lot better than two Bryans.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2021, 05:37 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-11-2021, 03:54 PM)Upper Wrote: Ramsey put us in an extremely difficult situation and getting 2 1sts was probably as good of a solution as was possible.

But make no mistake, unlike the common theme from the first three pages we didn't get a steal and Ramsey is worth a lot more than two low 1st rounders.

How many 1sts do you think Ramsey was worth? Man I wish your were the GM of another team lol

(01-11-2021, 03:16 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 02:38 PM)Upper Wrote: Jalen >>> pick 20 and 25 (or worse).

Yep. Been saying since the trade that it was a poor trade for us. I don’t understand trading superstars for draftpicks. You’re trading something proven for unproven. Don’t understand why there isn’t more player for player trades in the nfl. A player for pick trade is a bet on your GM hitting. Period. So everyone cheering the trade was a fan of Caldwell. As long as Caldwell was the guy making the picks it was a L for us. Maybe the second pick hits, but he will need to be an all pro type talent to obviously make this even close.

You're talking like the first pick was already a bust.  Chaisson gonna make people eat some words next year

I'm gonna say the Rams would be in the same position right now in the playoffs and even better going into next year if they would of just kept Peters and those picks

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-11-2021, 04:55 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 04:13 PM)RicoTx Wrote: That doesn't make any sense.  You just said player for player is rarely (if ever) done.  I don't see how you think we could have gotten a pro bowl talent back.

Player for player deals are rarely done in the NFL because every GM thinks they are the smartest guy in the room. They believe they will hit on the picks and have that player on a rookie deal. On the surface player for pick deals look great- as long as your GM hits right? When they don't you get fleeced. The risk/reward IMO isn't worth trading a superstar for picks. I do believe a player for player deal could have been achieved. Give me Kupp, I'll give you Ramsey. Is this weighted in the Rams favor? Yes, it is. But it is a lot better than two Bryans.

You keep saying this but then saying it doesn't happen.  I don't care what reason.  What do you gain by not trading him if you can't get a player?

And no, I don't take Kupp in a straight up trade.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-11-2021, 05:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 03:54 PM)Upper Wrote: Ramsey put us in an extremely difficult situation and getting 2 1sts was probably as good of a solution as was possible.

But make no mistake, unlike the common theme from the first three pages we didn't get a steal and Ramsey is worth a lot more than two low 1st rounders.

How many 1sts do you think Ramsey was worth? Man I wish your were the GM of another team lol

(01-11-2021, 03:16 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Yep. Been saying since the trade that it was a poor trade for us. I don’t understand trading superstars for draftpicks. You’re trading something proven for unproven. Don’t understand why there isn’t more player for player trades in the nfl. A player for pick trade is a bet on your GM hitting. Period. So everyone cheering the trade was a fan of Caldwell. As long as Caldwell was the guy making the picks it was a L for us. Maybe the second pick hits, but he will need to be an all pro type talent to obviously make this even close.

You're talking like the first pick was already a bust.  Chaisson gonna make people eat some words next year

I'm gonna say the Rams would be in the same position right now in the playoffs and even better going into next year if they would of just kept Peters and those picks

Good point.

Interesting way of putting things and I actually agree. While I think Ramsey is much better than Peters overall, I can’t say that the gap between the two has a big enough impact on the outcome of games to say they wouldn’t be a #5or6 seed like they currently sit.

TD on Ramsey lol

Rodgers and Adam's just abused Jalen badly there. Love to see it.

Jalen Ramsey let devante score a easy td. Dude is overrated

Adams just scored when covered 1-1 by Ramsay. Of course, after the touchdown Ramsay was blaming another Ram for not being in the correct coverage. What a classy guy!

Jalen Ramsey got outrun across the formation then beaten for the touchdown by Davante and immediately turned to berate a teammate, obviously trying to deflect the blame. That's not greatness. That's a loser's reaction.

Skip Bayless

(01-16-2021, 06:19 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Adams just scored when covered 1-1 by Ramsay. Of course, after the touchdown Ramsay was blaming another Ram for not being in the correct coverage. What a classy guy!

Yeah man. Have no clue why hes pouting like a baby.

How AROD goes after Jalen on this drive

Ramsey burnt again.

Ramsey starting to get picked on

Ramsey is getting schooled

The fact Rodgers didn't even bother to get a neck trim before this game shows you the lack of respect he has for this defense.

https://twitter.com/MainTeamSports/statu...67552?s=19

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2021, 11:31 PM by enigma.)

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/13...75818?s=20

Guess he'll be in Cabo soon

[Image: QONVIyz.gif]