Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Question on Keelan Cole..

With Chark being the true number 1 WR.. Plus Shenaukt being a rookie and having minor injuries here and there.. Is it safe to say that Cole is our number 2 WR as of right now and beyond especially with his last couple big outings the last 2 weeks..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Chark : 37 rec, 58 targets, 493 yards, 4 TD
Cole : 34 rc, 49 targets, 427 yards, 4 TD.

He is for sure. He is also our best returner.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 02:33 PM by jaglou53.)

Our receivers position is the team strength. We may not have a Hopkins or Adams, but the combination of Chark, Cole, Shenault, and Conley is very solid. Hopefully Johnson will continue to develop. No need to draft this position high, but the addition of a tight end like Pitts, Freirmuth or Jordon will help our wide receivers even more.

My fear is that Shenault is like Marquis Lee in the fact that they were both injured a lot in college and it's following through to the NFL

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 03:44 PM by Kane.)

(11-16-2020, 02:32 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Our receivers position is the team strength. We may not have a Hopkins or Adams, but the combination of Chark, Cole, Shenault, and Conley is very solid. Hopefully Johnson will continue to develop. No need to draft this position high, but the addition of a tight end like Pitts, Freirmuth or Jordon will help our wide receivers even more.

Agree for the most part... except I think we move on from Conley this year. He and Cole are both set for free agency and in theory I could see them both being let go but I'd actually try to resign Cole if he can be had on a good enough deal. 
But extending Chark is priority #1 I think... then Cole...
Not sure anyone else is up for an extension or a dire need to resign entering free agency.

(11-16-2020, 03:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: My fear is that Shenault is like Marquis Lee in the fact that they were both injured a lot in college and it's following through to the NFL

Maybe... while he and Colin Johnson are on rookie deals I think we need to keep Cole around. Otherwise we're banking on our top 3 WRs next year being Chark, Viska, and Johnson with Westbrook, Conley, and Cole all set to hit free agency.

I think Cole has earned it and offers the best safety net in case the young guys don't pan out or if contract negotiations with Chark hit a snag (depending on who the front office guys are)

(11-16-2020, 03:42 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 02:32 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Our receivers position is the team strength. We may not have a Hopkins or Adams, but the combination of Chark, Cole, Shenault, and Conley is very solid. Hopefully Johnson will continue to develop. No need to draft this position high, but the addition of a tight end like Pitts, Freirmuth or Jordon will help our wide receivers even more.

Agree for the most part... except I think we move on from Conley this year. He and Cole are both set for free agency and in theory I could see them both being let go but I'd actually try to resign Cole if he can be had on a good enough deal. 
But extending Chark is priority #1 I think... then Cole...
Not sure anyone else is up for an extension or a dire need to resign entering free agency.

(11-16-2020, 03:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: My fear is that Shenault is like Marquis Lee in the fact that they were both injured a lot in college and it's following through to the NFL

Maybe... while he and Colin Johnson are on rookie deals I think we need to keep Cole around. Otherwise we're banking on our top 3 WRs next year being Chark, Viska, and Johnson with Westbrook, Conley, and Cole all set to hit free agency.

I think Cole has earned it and offers the best safety net in case the young guys don't pan out or if contract negotiations with Chark hit a snag (depending on who the front office guys are)
Dude, is it terrible that until you mentioned him, I COMPLETELY forgot Westbrook was on the team?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Westbrook is on the team? I actually had to google it to verify.

Yea its kinda strange not sure what has happened to dede this year. Its like he peed in someones cheerios.

(11-16-2020, 08:04 PM)surfon Wrote: Yea its kinda strange not sure what has happened to dede this year.  Its like he peed in someones cheerios.

He was injured and then came back and tore his ACL.  Dude has been hurt pretty much all year

Keenan Cole has really impressed this year. I remember reading rumors that he was on the trade block last season or so. I still don’t think he’s safe from being dealt someday, however if he can continue to make plays in the return and passing game, I think we should
Offer him a second contract forsure. Really solid receiver.

I give Cole credit.  He quietly has snuck his way to the #2 receiver.  Add to the fact he is a return threat and it's a no brainer.  Cole is a keeper.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-16-2020, 10:56 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Keenan Cole has really impressed this year. I remember reading rumors that he was on the trade block last season or so. I still don’t think he’s safe from being dealt someday, however if he can continue to make plays in the return and passing game, I think we should
Offer him a second contract forsure. Really solid receiver.

Many here had him traded for a 4th, 5th, 6th, or just plain cut. 

I'm glad he's developed a bit more.

I'd like to see him extended (on a good deal) now before he hits FA.

(11-17-2020, 12:28 AM)newporttom Wrote: I'd like to see him extended (on a good deal) now before he hits FA.

What would you see as a fair deal for both sides, while keeping in mind we still need to pay Chark.

Right now we're near the bottom of the league in WR contract $ due to most of the guys being on rookie deals.

I've always liked Cole. He had a bad second year with drops and people soured on him. He's been pretty reliable other than that.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-17-2020, 11:30 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 12:28 AM)newporttom Wrote: I'd like to see him extended (on a good deal) now before he hits FA.

What would you see as a fair deal for both sides, while keeping in mind we still need to pay Chark.

Right now we're near the bottom of the league in WR contract $ due to most of the guys being on rookie deals.

3 yr / $10M contract is what I’d offer

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2020, 08:31 PM by surfon.)

(11-16-2020, 08:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 08:04 PM)surfon Wrote: Yea its kinda strange not sure what has happened to dede this year.  Its like he peed in someones cheerios.

He was injured and then came back and tore his ACL.  Dude has been hurt pretty much all year

Thx man didnt know he tore his acl, that sux for him on a contract year.  Always liked dede.  Musta happened during one of my snoozeoffs.  There were a few of those this year for sure.

Akways saw keelan as a pretty good number 3 receiver but jot a number 2. Maybe 3 yr 4.5 mil a yr. Or just let him go. He is replaceable.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2020, 10:14 AM by Kane.)

(11-17-2020, 07:48 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 11:30 AM)Kane Wrote: What would you see as a fair deal for both sides, while keeping in mind we still need to pay Chark.

3 yr / $10M contract is what I’d offer

I assume that's 10 per year, which would put him in line with Robby Anderson, Cole Beasley and Tyler Lockett.
That'd be ideal because it would certainly leave us plenty of $ to give Chark his 5 year 80m (or whatever) he's going to get.

(11-17-2020, 08:29 PM)surfon Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 08:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He was injured and then came back and tore his ACL.  Dude has been hurt pretty much all year

Thx man didnt know he tore his acl, that sux for him on a contract year.  Always liked dede.  Musta happened during one of my snoozeoffs.  There were a few of those this year for sure.

Akways saw keelan as a pretty good number 3 receiver but jot a number 2.  Maybe 3 yr 4.5 mil a yr.  Or just let him go.  He is replaceable.

3 yr 4.5 per year is crazy my dude... that's rookie contract numbers

I would like that also. If they wait and he continues to play like last week, it would cost the Jags much more to keep him. He seems like a keeper and teams love to keep guys like this- undrafted free agents who continued to improve.

He’s nothing special.