Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jake Luton comparison vs. Minshew

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2020, 04:18 AM by Jag88. Edit Reason: Add stats )

Who do you all like better so far? I like them both but here are the stats 
[font=Roboto-Light, HelveticaNeue-Light, HelveticaNeue, sans-serif-light, Arial, sans-serif]

Luton
[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]Regular Season

Td 2[/font]
[/font]

[font=Roboto-Light, HelveticaNeue-Light, HelveticaNeue, sans-serif-light, Arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]int 2[/font][/font]

[font=Roboto-Light, HelveticaNeue-Light, HelveticaNeue, sans-serif-light, Arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]Minshew[/font][/font]
    23rd

• TD
    Tied-18th

• INT
    Tied-9th

• QBR
    26th

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like Luton's arm and I like that he's stepping up in the pocket. I don't like his decisino making ability.

Minshew's strong points seems like reversed.

Luton honestly looks like the typical first round bust where GM and HC thought they could take a project with a big arm and teach him awareness. Never works. Luton is a sixth rounder so that's different but he has the same profile.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2020, 07:23 AM by SignMeUpAtQB.)

(11-17-2020, 07:15 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I like Luton's arm and I like that he's stepping up in the pocket. I don't like his decisino making ability.

Minshew's strong points seems like reversed.

Luton honestly looks like the typical first round bust where GM and HC thought they could take a project with a big arm and teach him awareness. Never works. Luton is a sixth rounder so that's different but he has the same profile.

Pretty much this. I also think there are some accuracy issues on Lutons part. His decision making is bad and he misses some fairly easy throws/makes his receivers have to do a lot to catch the ball. I like his pocket awareness though and down the line maybe he can become a backup or so but overall there is nothing to be excited about with Luton, or Minshew for that matter.

Both seem like fine backups.

Healthy Minshew is much better at this point. 

Luton probably has more upside though.

(11-17-2020, 03:10 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Healthy Minshew is much better at this point. 

Both are back ups at best.

I would say flip a coin between them.  Neither one is anything special.  I would probably give the nod to Minshew at this point if he is healthy solely because of experience (and his "experience" is not much more than Luton's).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Jake Bortles couldn’t hold Minshew’s jockstrap.

Both are better 6th round picks than Tanner Lee

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I would go back to #15 soon but i want to see a little more of #6

(11-17-2020, 03:57 PM)uthill Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 03:10 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Healthy Minshew is much better at this point. 

Both are back ups at best.

I don't think anyone is saying otherwise.

Is it me, or did our defense play better for luton? If minshew got this defense, i think we might make some people mad that want to tank

(11-18-2020, 01:12 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Is it me, or did our defense play better for luton? If minshew got this defense, i think we might make some people mad that want to tank

I think the young defense is just getting better with experience. It is the youngest defense in the league.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Minshew is better and it's not even close.

If I had one game to get in the playoffs and we needed to win or go home then I’m playing Minshew.

It’s not even close. Minshew is still a starter in this league.

They are like a Chevy Vega vs a Ford Pinto. Both will perform the basic things you need it to do but eventually they will kill you.

(11-18-2020, 02:34 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Minshew is still a starter in this league.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

Jay Gruden is better.

Minshew's point differential: -66

Luton's point differential: -6

(11-18-2020, 10:00 PM)Upper Wrote: Minshew's point differential: -66

Luton's point differential: -6

That's more on the god awful defense we had Minshew's last couple games than anything though. It's really tightened up the past 3 weeks or so