Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Steelers' Mike Tomlin on Jaguars being a trap game

Steelers' Mike Tomlin on Jaguars being a trap game: 'We are not a Big Ten team playing a MAC opponent'

The Pittsburgh Steelers have established themselves as one of the best teams in the NFL, as for the first time in the franchise's 87-year history, they are undefeated through nine games. They are the only remaining undefeated team in the league, as Pittsburgh's defense has been one of the best in the NFL, and Ben Roethlisberger has quickly established chemistry with some of his young weapons such as Chase Claypool and Diontae Johnson. While the Steelers appear to have a chance to go 16-0 this year, head coach Mike Tomlin is making sure to take every game seriously -- no matter the opponent's record.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-w...of-top-10/
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He’s a good coach, and he’s saying what good coaches say. As far as I’m concerned, the Squealers should have no problem handling us. It might get a little chippy just due to the rivalry. But they are a far more talented roster, with far superior coaching. I’d bet on them to cover whatever the spread ends up being.

Even MAC teams pull out upsets. Rah Rah Rah meet you at the North End Zone goal posts when we storm the field.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Jaguars a trap game?

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Just doesn’t wanna give any bulletin board material. He knows they’re gonna roll us, payback for past playoff eliminations

(11-17-2020, 08:47 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Jaguars a trap game?

Jags almost upset the Packers... jus' sayin'.

There were a lot of "fans" getting mighty upset about "messing up the tank". Think some of those Packers weren't looking past the lowly 1-7 Jaguars? It's a trap game because of how the good team approaches it...

The script says we keep it close and show "progress" so we don't blow it up and then the same people that have run the franchise into the ground are retained. It is a trap game for us fans.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-18-2020, 12:06 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: The script says we keep it close and show "progress" so we don't blow it up and then the same people that have run the franchise into the ground are retained.  It is a trap game for us fans.

I know everyone has beaten fan syndrome these days but there is no way this regime survives a 1 or 2 win season, no matter what their "plan" was.

(11-17-2020, 06:27 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Steelers' Mike Tomlin on Jaguars being a trap game: 'We are not a Big Ten team playing a MAC opponent'

Lol. Tomlin taking a jab at Big Ben's old conference.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8099719]

That’s why they play the game. I’ve seen bad NFL teams steam roll good teams before. All it takes is a few turnovers and some busted plays.

However I fully expect the Steelers to put us in the head lock.

Start your Steelers in fantasy lol

(11-18-2020, 10:19 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 08:47 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Jaguars a trap game?

Jags almost upset the Packers... jus' sayin'.

There were a lot of "fans" getting mighty upset about "messing up the tank". Think some of those Packers weren't looking past the lowly 1-7 Jaguars? It's a trap game because of how the good team approaches it...
The Steelers defense is much much better than the packers.  Watt is on a terror trip with 9 sacks while Depree on the other side has 6.  Cam Robinson and Jawan Taylor are average at best.  I thought Taylor had a decent rookie season but he is getting abused this year.  He has allowed 7 sacks already I think.   The Steelers front 7 is going to have a great day against this Line.  Luton may have PTSD after this game.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-18-2020, 08:15 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 10:19 AM)Kane Wrote: Jags almost upset the Packers... jus' sayin'.

The Steelers defense is much much better than the packers.  Watt is on a terror trip with 9 sacks while Depree on the other side has 6.  Cam Robinson and Jawan Taylor are average at best.  I thought Taylor had a decent rookie season but he is getting abused this year.  He has allowed 7 sacks already I think.   The Steelers front 7 is going to have a great day against this Line.  Luton may have PTSD after this game.

Yep Squealers are good, no one is saying they aren't. Packers offense is really good and could barely keep pace with us on the scoreboard.
When good teams look past bad teams that's what makes it a trap game.

Squealers gotta show up cuz if they just "go through the motions" they could lose the game.

I'm not saying they will... and with Henderson now on IR I think it just got worse for us.
Just sayin [Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmemecrunch.com%2Fmeme%2F...f=1&nofb=1]

We better not drop this game, I need Fields as my QB next year !

(11-20-2020, 12:37 PM)BushCheney2000 Wrote: We better not drop this game, I need Fields as my QB next year !

Actually talked to a Jets fan this morning at work who said "I hope we draft Fields #1"

I said... "Me too."

(11-20-2020, 12:44 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 12:37 PM)BushCheney2000 Wrote: We better not drop this game, I need Fields as my QB next year !

Actually talked to a Jets fan this morning at work who said "I hope we draft Fields #1"

I said... "Me too."

"And with the 5th pick, the Jacksonville Jaguars select..."

#becausejaguars
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020, 02:24 PM by Brett.)

(11-18-2020, 07:40 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Start your Steelers in fantasy lol

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy-downsized.gif]

(11-21-2020, 02:23 PM)Brett Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 07:40 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Start your Steelers in fantasy lol

[Image: giphy-downsized.gif]

Wait, what? What was the question?