Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Extend Marrone Now!

The time to extend Doug Marrone is now while we can get him at a decent price.  NFL insiders have been tweeting that he is a hot commodity and would be picked up immediately.  You dont have to squint hard to see how this team should have won 8 or 9 games by this point.  It is also evident that Lambo is secretly working for a AFC South Rival to ruin the Jag's chances at a playoff birth.  There is no other explanation for the Pro Bowler's absence.  Minshew has been banged up all year and we all know what he can do when he is back to 100% with the skill position players he has.  The exception is, of course, the running back room.  James Robinson needs to get moved for a seventh or cash considerations and we need to finally put the final piece of the offensive puzzle into play.  If Marrone was not handcuffed by an inept Robinson and Lambo, we would be talking home field advantage throughout the playoffs.  I want this to be memorialized so I can point back to it when Marrone commands high six figures on his next long term deal after we win out.  Remember, Teal Curtain > Steel Curtain.  GO JAGS!!!!
President, Omaha for Jacksonville

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll send the guys with the white coats and butterfly nets over right away............
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Trade for Laveon Bell too

No !

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 04:26 PM by Omahas #2 Jags Fan.)

(11-19-2020, 04:22 PM)BushCheney2000 Wrote: No !

Give me one example of something Marrone doesn't do well....

(11-19-2020, 04:07 PM)snaxdelrio Wrote: Trade for Laveon Bell too

We would probably have to give up Robinson and a third and eat all his salary, but I would pull the trigger.

You really suck at this compared to #1.

(11-19-2020, 04:31 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: You really suck at this compared to #1.

Agreed!  We watch the games at Jags HQ Omaha every Sunday and I am in awe of his posting.  He is Hemmingway and I am just a hack writing trashy gas station novels.

lololololol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

You forgot to mention that our defensive guru wash will take over for Bill Belichick when he steps down next year. Thats what ive been hearing as he is equally a hot commodity.

(11-19-2020, 03:27 PM)Omahas #2 Jags Fan Wrote: The time to extend Doug Marrone is now while we can get him at a decent price.  

No doubt.  Caldwell extended Gus Bradley when he had 1 year left and he also extended Bortles when he had 1 year left so I don't see any other choice but to follow suit and extend Marrone before the Patriots, Chiefs, or perhaps even Alabama lure him in as their new Head Coach.  Even worse, if Marrone leaves, he may take our DC Todd Wash with him.  The Jags front office is playing with fire if they don't extend Marrone by the end of the weekend.

Who gave the OP meth? Shame on y'all.

Six figures, sounds right. Like maybe 1,000.00?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 08:27 PM by Jag88. Edit Reason: Edit )

Haha. I think we should trade our best player for a 6th round pick so we can slowly get better chances at being better by 2028

Its ALWAYS about the future. Better to win later than anytime soon

[Image: 4bbf65c9-1011-4978-a7a0-21f4df4a7ae8_Bre...Globes.gif]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 09:03 PM by Jags.)

Omaha whooshing people once again.

(11-19-2020, 05:17 PM)Omahas #2 Jags Fan Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 04:31 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: You really suck at this compared to #1.

Agreed!  We watch the games at Jags HQ Omaha every Sunday and I am in awe of his posting.  He is Hemmingway and I am just a hack writing trashy gas station novels.

Of course Omaha on the bleeding edge again. Playing 4D chess while the Jags play to lose.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-19-2020, 03:27 PM)BOmahas #2 Jags Fan Wrote: The time to extend Doug Marrone is now while we can get him at a decent price.  NFL insiders have been tweeting that he is a hot commodity and would be picked up immediately.  You dont have to squint hard to see how this team should have won 8 or 9 games by this point.  It is also evident that Lambo is secretly working for a AFC South Rival to ruin the Jag's chances at a playoff birth.  There is no other explanation for the Pro Bowler's absence.  Minshew has been banged up all year and we all know what he can do when he is back to 100% with the skill position players he has.  The exception is, of course, the running back room.  James Robinson needs to get moved for a seventh or cash considerations and we need to finally put the final piece of the offensive puzzle into play.  If Marrone was not handcuffed by an inept Robinson and Lambo, we would be talking home field advantage throughout the playoffs.  I want this to be memorialized so I can point back to it when Marrone commands high six figures on his next long term deal after we win out.  Remember, Teal Curtain > Steel Curtain.  GO JAGS!!!!
April Fool’s Day was 7 mos. ago.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2020, 09:53 AM by Mikey.)

(11-19-2020, 06:08 PM)Jag88 Wrote: You forgot to mention that our defensive guru wash will take over for  Bill Belichick when he steps down next year. Thats what ive been hearing as he is  equally a hot commodity.

This would be great, we'd likely net a 5th round compensatory pick in the 2022 darft. Are there any good DCs still available in the fifth?

(11-19-2020, 07:34 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Six figures, sounds right. Like maybe 1,000.00?

5 mannequins and a dollar.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2020, 01:55 PM by wrong_box.)

Lock up Doug for the next 12 years, that will give us at least one playoff appearance and maybe on the cusp of another

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2020, 07:22 PM by Jag88.)

Haha im not going to quote everyone but great stuff