Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Steelers @ Jags***

It smells bad in Jacksonville today. Must be Steelers week.

As the Trevor Train rolls on we find the undefeated Pittsburgh Football Team on the field in Jacksobville.

Commentary, Analysis, and Snark to follow.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We’re gonna lose.

Chenault and O'Shag both out.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I was going to say this might be the ugliest game of the year...then I thought back to the Thursday night game.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The Steelers will play everyone on their bench during the first half. During the second they will suit up some of their fans from the stands.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I sat James Robinson in fantasy, only because I have steelers defense too. If I didn't have them I would've chanced starting Robinson. Hoping the rookie has a good day but also hoping the steelers D makes some noise too

(11-22-2020, 10:14 AM)Jag149 Wrote: The Steelers will play everyone on their bench during the first half. During the second they will suit up some of their fans from the stands.

Makes sense, the women are bigger than their linemen.

We'll lose, but I think it will be more competitive than most people think.

A light dose of pepper spray for the O-line every time they take the field.  If they're all coughing and sneezing, the Squealers defense will be afraid to cross the line!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-22-2020, 10:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: We'll lose, but I think it will be more competitive than most people think.

I hope you are correct....
A new broom always sweeps clean.

10.5 underdogs, best record against 2nd worst record. All that really matters it's getting that L today. I don't care if we look competitive or not, because we're really not that competitive. A loss keeps us high on the draft board and helps to possibly instigate an eventual coaching/GM change. This isn't a plea for tanking, it's a hope that the more needy of teams gets the higher draft pick next year. And no one would argue that the Jags aren't one of the most needy teams. Just a note, the Jets are only 9.5 underdogs, so they have a better chance of winning than us. But yeah,...I digress.

What's the over/under on Stillers fans outnumbering Jags fans?

Still brings a smile to my face to see Cowher step on teh field as blocked FG gets run back on MNF. Chris Hudson with TD return????

Listening to pregame on 1010xl with Jay Gruden being interviewed. Anyone else out there think that Gruden's voice is a dead ringer for Dan Akyroyd's character Irwin Mainway on SNL in the 70's? YouTube them both and check it out. Pretty funny.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

[Image: FarflungOrderlyBison-size_restricted.gif]

Dang, they're actually broadcasting the game on CBS here in NC. Surprising considering TN is playing and we've gotten their games in the past....except when they were playing the Jags. Carolina must not be playing in CBS and/or not at 1pm.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 01:55 PM by Jag88.)

Our power ranking is 31 and theirs is 1. No pressure. Just have fun baby. We r the uglyiest taking the most beautiful girl to the prom. Lets score a suprise.

(11-22-2020, 12:49 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: What's the over/under on Stillers fans outnumbering Jags fans?

Still brings a smile to my face to see Cowher step on teh field as blocked FG gets run back on MNF.  Chris Hudson with TD return????

The usual 2,000 Jags fans will be there and the rest of the crowd up to the allowed 15,000 or so will be Steelers fans. 

I don't know if anyone compared the crowd at the Florida Georgia game to our games. If we can't even sell out when capacity is limited...

Robinson is quickly becoming one of the main pieces to build this franchise around.

Geez, Robinson is a monster.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Got lucky Cam had a big hold on that last run.