Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Glennon to start against Browns

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2020, 10:13 AM by NH3.)

Glennon has been designated as the starter against the Browns this Sunday.

Thoughts...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pick up the Browns defense in your fantasy league this week.

(11-25-2020, 10:13 AM)NH3 Wrote: Glennon has been designated as the starter against the Browns this Sunday.

Thoughts...

Sick

(11-25-2020, 10:20 AM)Anaheim Jaguars Wrote: Pick up the Browns defense in your fantasy league this week.

I did that prior to this announcement. Actually wondering if Luton would have been better for the play but still don't think we'll do much.

I guarantee he plays terrible

What the hell is going on in that building? Almost Bring Back Coughlin time and im only like 80% joking.

Yet this was Marrone yesterday 

Minshew, the Jaguars' starter in the first seven games of the season, missed the last three games with a thumb injury. He threw in practice last week and was inactive Sunday.

Marrone said Minshew and trainers have told him Minshew is "100 percent" physically.

"I've seen him throw a little bit," Marrone said. "I want to see him throw a whole thing and I'll have a better feel for it. I just want to make sure that myself, [quarterbacks coach] Ben [McAdoo] and [offensive coordinator] Jay [Gruden] are able to see it and watch it. The trainers' evaluation of someone throwing is a little bit different, I think, than the coaches' evaluation."

Why in the world are we starting Glennon? Luton did just fine losing the game like he’s supposed to.

If we’re actually trying to win and/or evaluate, Minshew should be on the field.

My thoughts are that I can't wait to see Lawrence or Fields in a Jags jersey..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(11-25-2020, 10:42 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Why in the world are we starting Glennon? Luton did just fine losing the game like he’s supposed to.

If we’re actually trying to win and/or evaluate, Minshew should be on the field.

More brilliance from the coach staff I guess.

It doesn't matter to me though... the apathy is in full effect.

(11-25-2020, 10:48 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 10:42 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Why in the world are we starting Glennon? Luton did just fine losing the game like he’s supposed to.

More brilliance from the coach staff I guess.

My worries is that they are gonna accidentally screw this up and win another game.

(11-25-2020, 10:50 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 10:48 AM)Kane Wrote: More brilliance from the coach staff I guess.

My worries is that they are gonna accidentally screw this up and win another game.

Well... I think the Jests are not giving up #1... and we have a 1 game cushion between us and the other cellar dwellers... so if they screw up and win one it won't be terrible.

I just don't see a team bad enough for it to happen to. Especially as guys keep getting added to the IR

Starting Glennon over Minshew is another firing offense for this staff

I want a new head coach sighting.

This makes no sense. Glennon should only be playing in case of an emergency. Yea Luton struggled but it was against a great defense. We should be in the process of evaluating our young talent, not playing older vets, who very likely may not be here a year from now, in order to eek out a win or two. It providers no benefit in the longterm in the sense of player development and draft selections.

(11-25-2020, 11:08 AM)rfc17 Wrote: This makes no sense.  Glennon should only be playing in case of an emergency.  Yea Luton struggled but it was against a great defense.  We should be in the process of evaluating our young talent, not playing older vets, who very likely may not be here a year from now, in order to eek out a win or two.  It providers no benefit in the longterm in the sense of player development and draft selections.

It reeks of desperation. They’re trying to find some way, any way to win a game or two and try in vain to sell “progress” to Khan. And the sad part is, in combination with covid, stripping the roster, and a weird cap next year, he might buy it. 1-15 is needed to ensure the future of this franchise. Another year of the same old GM and coaches will signal the death knell

This should make everyone happy.

On our way to a top 2 pick! Lets go Jets!

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2020, 11:58 AM by RicoTx.)

6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Does it even matter?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-25-2020, 11:11 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 11:08 AM)rfc17 Wrote: This makes no sense.  Glennon should only be playing in case of an emergency.  Yea Luton struggled but it was against a great defense.  We should be in the process of evaluating our young talent, not playing older vets, who very likely may not be here a year from now, in order to eek out a win or two.  It providers no benefit in the longterm in the sense of player development and draft selections.

It reeks of desperation. They’re trying to find some way, any way to win a game or two and try in vain to sell “progress” to Khan. And the sad part is, in combination with covid, stripping the roster, and a weird cap next year, he might buy it. 1-15 is needed to ensure the future of this franchise. Another year of the same old GM and coaches will signal the death knell

No worries. I have Jeff Gillooly stationed next to locker room exit with a piece of lumber.

If he performs decent, he may be worth some trade value, which falls right into Dave Caldwell’s plan to have 100 6th round draft picks. Cus collecting picks is all he’s been good at

Agree totally. Does this mean they've totally given up on Minshew and Luton? I'd like to have seen how Luton would respond after last week's rough performance.