Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Pederson?

From the rumor mill

There are talks around the #NFL that #Eagles Doug Pederson is extremely unhappy and will be "stepping down" after the 2020 season.

http://4thandjawn.com/2020/12/07/doug-pe...20-season/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd take Pederson. He proved he has what it takes to win a SB, he went for the jugular against the Pats. Unlike bologna Marrone who laid down before the second half ended and played to NOT lose in the 2nd half. I think he is being forced with Wentz by FO. He won that SB with Foles, Wentz has done nothing. Give him control to select a QB he wants, but not the entire roster.

Ehh, doesn't excite me, but he is proven and we could do worse.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2020, 03:42 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

John Dorsey the GM and Pederson head coach. A proven GM and a proven coach

Trask and Pederson combo would be special imo

Eagles have gone downhill quick since Frank Reich left. Wentz has gotten worse each year as well.

Pass on Pederson. No more retreads.

I rather have Bieniemy
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(12-07-2020, 04:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Eagles have gone downhill quick since Frank Reich left. Wentz has gotten worse each year as well.

You are that same guy that would if past on Andy Reid, Pete Carroll, and Bill Belichick.

(12-07-2020, 05:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 04:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Eagles have gone downhill quick since Frank Reich left. Wentz has gotten worse each year as well.

You are that same guy that would if past on Andy Reid, Pete Carroll, and Bill Belichick.
Have*

And no one saw Belicheck coming so if you think Pederson is Belicheck, good for you.

Andy Reid had an incredible run with Philly so these aren’t even remotely the same thing.

And for Carrol? He left the NFL, built a power house in USC and then came back. Again, not the same thing.

I see what you’re trying to do but hiring Pederson is more like hiring Gase than it is the 3 coaches you listed.

(12-07-2020, 06:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 05:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You are that same guy that would if past on Andy Reid, Pete Carroll, and Bill Belichick.
Have*

And no one saw Belicheck coming so if you think Pederson is Belicheck, good for you.

Andy Reid had an incredible run with Philly so these aren’t even remotely the same thing.

And for Carrol? He left the NFL, built a power house in USC and then came back. Again, not the same thing.

I see what you’re trying to do but hiring Pederson is more like hiring Gase than it is the 3 coaches you listed.

All 3 were retread coaches.  Pederson won a SB as a player and with the Eagles as head coach something Reid couldn't even do.  He is off the Andy Reid coaching tree with SB winning experience.  Sometimes just a new change of scenery makes a big difference just like with players at times.  Id love a Joe Brady because I think he's a QB guru but would he be a good head coach?   It would be much riskier than the proven guy with a lot of experience

He’ll be here next year as Bieniemy’s OC, if we’re lucky.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2020, 06:29 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-07-2020, 06:24 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: He’ll be here next year as Bieniemy’s OC, if we’re lucky.

From what I here John Dorsey and Bieniemy are a package deal. Plus Pederson aint gonna go somewhere as a OC when he can be a head coach lol

Honestly the Jags could do worse than him. He's definitely better than the Doug they have, lol.

a slam dunk of a post.

absolutely right, if we are looking to start fresh with a young QB, do you really want a coach who is failing with a young QB?

Haven't analyzed the eagles situation enough to gauge where Pederson lies in the equation of ineptitude, but I have definitely seen his teams out coach several other well coached teams at times.

He's an interesting candidate at least. Smarter than Doug Marrone, but that doesn't raise the bar high enough on its own.

(12-08-2020, 10:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Haven't analyzed the eagles situation enough to gauge where Pederson lies in the equation of ineptitude, but I have definitely seen his teams out coach several other well coached teams at times.

He's an interesting candidate at least.  Smarter than Doug Marrone, but that doesn't raise the bar high enough on its own.
Has he outcoached people or did Reich?

Sometimes being a good coach is hiring the right people but since Frank left, Pederson and the Eagles have steadily gotten worse each year. And the most troubling part is how much worse Wentz has gotten each year.

(12-08-2020, 01:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 10:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Haven't analyzed the eagles situation enough to gauge where Pederson lies in the equation of ineptitude, but I have definitely seen his teams out coach several other well coached teams at times.

He's an interesting candidate at least.  Smarter than Doug Marrone, but that doesn't raise the bar high enough on its own.

Sometimes being a good coach is hiring the right people but since Frank left, Pederson and the Eagles have steadily gotten worse each year. And the most troubling part is how much worse Wentz has gotten each year.

I think Wentz's regression has to be attributed, at least a little bit, to his injuries. A torn ACL (17) made his mobility not as great as it once was and then a back fracture (18). Couple that with the Eagles atrocious OL play this year... I mean Reich didn't exactly elevate the play of Jacoby Brissett that much did he? When Reich was OC for the Chargers they weren't that impressive.

I think sometimes coaches are given too much blame/credit. Reich is doing well as HC for the clots and Pederson has had some pretty good success with the Eagles.  A little bit of all of it factors into everything (clots are better with Reich but are you giving his asst. coaches the credit or him as you would credit him during the Eagles time?)
I mean when the Eagles were making their SB run, Wentz played great, got hurt and Foles led them. But the OL was much better. Ertz was playing well and healthy, the receivers were better than whoever they have out there right now....
It's players before plays. (Instead of players not plays, cuz plays matter.... like the Philly Special)

To the point... I'd rather have a new HC like a Bienemy than a retread, but of all the retreads to get I'd probably have Pederson (if he walks/gets fired) higher on the list than most other coaches.
But first and foremost is the GM, how he builds this roster will matter more than who the HC is, imo. If you don't have the talent and enough of your top line talent doesn't stay healthy, you ain't gonna be any good.

(12-08-2020, 01:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Your answer is expressed or implied twice in my post. 

It's "I don't know" BTW.