Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who Will The Jags Waste Their First Round Pick On In '21

Wow, are there ever a lot of low cards in this hand:

[Image: Egv8RArXgAIK1Eo?format=jpg&name=small]

Ramsey is good, but gone. And Allen has been good......... Even a stopped clock though is right twice a day.
[Image: V9hW2kPAQr8S1Jxg.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They will pick Fields and quickly prove the doubters right.

We'll never know if Fields would have been HOF level on another team.

This is the most depressing thread of all time.

Well I would just like to point out that Tyson Alualu is apparently good enough to start for the 11-0 Pittsburg Steelers.

(12-07-2020, 04:42 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Well I would just like to point out that Tyson Alualu is apparently good enough to start for the 11-0 Pittsburg Steelers.

Was he drafted too high? Maybe but dude has been solid for his whole career.  That is one guy I just don't get the fan backlash against.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Looking at this list is definitely sickening! No team hits on all their 1st round picks, but the Jaguars' terrible draft choices are the primary reason they have been bottom-feeders for the last 15 years. When looking at this list, the only really good picks were Ramsay and Josh Allen. Blackmon could have been great, but our scouts should have picked up on his alcohol issues. There were other teams who said he wasn't on their draft boards due to this. Joeckel was considered a good pick by most draft evaluators at the time he was taken, but we all know how that turned out.

It is difficult to say which pick was the worst since there were so many terrible ones. My personal choice for this "honor" would have to be 2017. The Jaguars took Fournette over running backs Dalvin Cook and McCaffrey- who are possibly the two best backs in the league now with the possible exception of Derrick Henry. Of course, they also passed on both Watson and Mahomes in this same draft class.How would things look now if they selected one of those quarterbacks to replace Bortles?

Honorable mentions go to:

2011- Blaine Gabbert over J.J. Watt and Cam Jordan

2014- Blake Bortles over Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald

2018- Taven Bryan over Dallas Goedert

2010- Tyson Alualu over Earl Thomas

It's way too early to grade the 2020 draft, although Chaisson needs to show dramatic improvement- especially when they could have had Justin Jefferson with their 2nd 1st round pick.

It's easy to go back and criticize any team's picks, but the Jaguars have to be among the worst two or three teams of the last decade regarding 1st round busts. Caldwell deserves most of the "credit" for this, although Coughlin apparently had a key role in the Fournette pick. Gene Smith also gets an "attaboy" for Alualu and Gabbert, but Caldwell has been the main problem and should have been fired long before this year.

The new general manager will have an opportunity to immediately join the infamous list of Caldwell, Coughlin and Smith by selecting the wrong quarterback with the 2nd pick of the 2021 draft. If I were Justin Fields or Zack Wilson, I'd be praying that the Jaguars pass on them- even if it costs them some money on their initial contract.

My guess is that they will "waste" their first round pick on some college kid who some think is "solid" and other think will be a "bust".  Either way their pick might or might not be successful.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-07-2020, 04:52 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 04:42 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Well I would just like to point out that Tyson Alualu is apparently good enough to start for the 11-0 Pittsburg Steelers.

Was he drafted too high? Maybe but dude has been solid for his whole career.  That is one guy I just don't get the fan backlash against.

Oh how quickly we forget...

Yeah he seems to have found a role in Pitt, but need i remind you he started here for majority of his career and did SQUAT!!!

Required no double teams, doubt he surpassed 5 sacks in a season, probably single digit splash plays in his time here!

He was out of position here...more of a 34 DE.

(12-07-2020, 05:07 PM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 04:52 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Was he drafted too high? Maybe but dude has been solid for his whole career.  That is one guy I just don't get the fan backlash against.

Oh how quickly we forget...

Yeah he seems to have found a role in Pitt, but need i remind you he started here for majority of his career and did SQUAT!!!

Required no double teams, doubt he surpassed 5 sacks in a season, probably single digit splash plays in his time here!

He was out of position here...more of a 34 DE.
Just to point out, he is a NT in Pittsburg.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

The reason starts with a "T" and ends with "ebow."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I hear we need a replacement for Logan Cooke.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2020, 05:44 PM by CanDoBetter.)

Regarding Tyson I predict Taven Bryan will be an above average contributor on a Superb Owl winning team soon after leaving Jags.

(12-07-2020, 03:09 PM)The Hammer Wrote: Wow, are there ever a lot of low cards in this hand:

Ramsey is good, but gone. And Allen has been good......... Even a stopped clock though is right twice a day.

Allen has been hot garbage this year.  You can take him off the plus list.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

The Jets will not win a game. Jags take Fields, and he becomes Gabortles.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2020, 09:24 AM by Mikey.)

The absolute definition of high floor/low ceiling pick. Sturdy, stable, will be there for the long haul but isn't going to be the guy that instills fear in an o-line like someone of Warren Sapp or Ndamakong Suh would...and being picked at the top half of the first, I believe that's what people thought we were getting.

Remember the base hit mentality? Gene played it safe to a fault.

(12-07-2020, 07:08 PM)ATLjag Wrote: The Jets will not win a game.  Jags take Fields, and he becomes Gabortles.

Clever word play deserves credit, but throwing up in my mouth a bit offsets the good

+1.

There's gotta be another potential bust coming out of U of Florida that we can grab in the 1st round. Kind of like a recent tradition with D Harvey, T Bryan, and just maybe CJ Henderson.

(12-08-2020, 09:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: There's gotta be another potential bust coming out of U of Florida that we can grab in the 1st round.  Kind of like a recent tradition with D Harvey, T Bryan, and just maybe CJ Henderson.

the negativity around here is really quite depressing... almost makes me wonder if some people enjoy the Jags sucking year in and year out.

(12-07-2020, 03:09 PM)The Hammer Wrote: Wow, are there ever a lot of low cards in this hand:

This is what comes of drafting with need as a consideration. Always take the player with the most value independent of your team's need. That means take Roethlisberger even though you think you need a receiver. Then take Rodgers even though you still think you need a receiver because the need reach you just made was a bust. Then take Watt even though you think you really need a QB, which you wouldn't if you'd been drafting for value all these years. Then take Wilson even though what you think you need is a kicker.

Need drafting is what bad teams keep doing while the great teams become great by taking great players and figuring out how to get them on the field at the same time.

Best available long snapper. We've yet to replace Joe Zelenka.