Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who Will The Jags Waste Their First Round Pick On In '21

I think fowler jr is a solid player but he got jags bad luck with that injury he was out his rookie season. Smh

Also fournette was a solid player and helped a lot on the run to the afc championship. We should have gone to the superbowl but refs. #Jags luck

Smh

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We're gonna draft the fast Dwayne Haskins

(12-08-2020, 09:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: There's gotta be another potential bust coming out of U of Florida that we can grab in the 1st round.  Kind of like a recent tradition with D Harvey, T Bryan, and just maybe CJ Henderson.

(Is it bad that I know where you are going with this, but my mind can't help thinking it'll be Pitts?)

(12-09-2020, 10:04 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 09:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: There's gotta be another potential bust coming out of U of Florida that we can grab in the 1st round.  Kind of like a recent tradition with D Harvey, T Bryan, and just maybe CJ Henderson.

(Is it bad that I know where you are going with this, but my mind can't help thinking it'll be Pitts?)

You mean the guy who's fantastic when on the field but has been out several games?

(12-09-2020, 10:07 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 10:04 AM)Mikey Wrote: (Is it bad that I know where you are going with this, but my mind can't help thinking it'll be Pitts?)

You mean the guy who's fantastic when on the field but has been out several games?

Yikes... dude got his head taken off and missed two games due to concussion and septum repair surgery.
You act like he's Josh Oliver or something.

And the whole "this school sucks" thing is so overplayed.
Anyone can play that game... like "maybe we'll draft the next overhyped OSU QB" since we obviously missed out on Haskins lulz

Anyway... Caldwell (and Coughlin) is gone. So hopefully the streak of not great draft choices will be broken.

4NET and Fowler are decent enough players. I would not call them busts. Now Bryan on the other hand is bust. Well until he joins another team then he will somehow become a good player Big Grin
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Looking at that chart and picking Fournette over Cook, Bortles over Carr, whoever they all agree is the best player...pick the other one.

Who needs alcohol to get depressed when you can just read up on the Jags 1st round draft history instead?

Justin Fields, will be the 1st rounder whether or not anyone likes it.

.... BAP with the next 1st rounder. There's no position this team couldn't benefit from adding to.

So here is the main question. What should be the expectation of a top 10 pick? of a later first round pick? of a 2nd round pick?

There seems to be general presumption on the board that to be a good franchise/GM you have to draft a star/all-pro with a top 10 pick most of the time, a pro-bowl level starter/candidate for a later 1st round pick dependent on position, etc.

But I would not be shocked if more than 60% of top 10 picks are even in the NFL after their rookie contracts. Yet, the board continues to label starter-level players drafted in the top 10 and average starter/rotational later 1st round and 2nd round players players as busts.

I totally agree the Jags have definitely been subpar drafting over the last 20 years, and not even met those standards But having a reasonable expectation/metric is important.

The list of first round draft picks is a gapping issue but mostly because there was not a good/great schemes to fit the players drafted, scouting mistakes to not recognize major character/off-field issues with some, and because many of the productive ones were allowed/spurred to leave due to power plays, bad leadership, and/or poor communication. All that comes back to Kahn, Caldwell, and (for a few years) Coughlin.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2020, 11:04 PM by JagsorDie.)

I wish we didn’t feed the trolls so much.

This thread was started as a cheap shot by a [BLEEP] [BLEEP] tack troll, then our boys chime in with “ well we do really suck, who are we gonna waste our picks on?”

I hate tack week.

Excellent point, Sir. The problem is that you have to have ammunition to fire back at the invading trolls and when the best comeback we can logically come up with is "Gee, that's pretty much true", then the trolls will feed like chubby kids at an ice cream buffet.

(12-09-2020, 08:50 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: We're gonna draft the fast Dwayne Haskins

Fields is light years better than Haskins. It’d honestly be a shame to let him rot with this franchise.

(12-10-2020, 11:00 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I wish we didn’t feed the trolls so much.

This thread was started as a cheap shot by a [BLEEP] [BLEEP] tack troll, then our boys chime in with “ well we do really suck, who are we gonna waste our picks on?”

I hate tack week.

In a way, this is not feeding him. His intent was to anger us and get us to defend the team. Which we didn't do. The wind is completely out of his sails.

(12-11-2020, 01:10 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 11:00 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I wish we didn’t feed the trolls so much.

I hate tack week.

In a way, this is not feeding him. His intent was to anger us and get us to defend the team. Which we didn't do. The wind is completely out of his sails.

Don’t worry the wind always had a hard time getting in his jorts, unlike his sister up there in tackville

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.