Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew lovers> He still looked bad.

Is he the best QB on the roster?  Probably. Does that mean much?  Nope!   I like his swagger but he does not have the tools.  He came in the first drive and provided a spark. Once the defensive coordinators adjusted, he got shut down.  He has a future as a career backup or possibly a journeyman like Fitz but he is not the Franchise.  We have him on a rookie QB contract so he will backup here for awhile.  He will probably start the rest of the year to prove me and the other naysayers wrong but I believe it's hopeful wishing.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-13-2020, 05:30 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Is he the best QB on the roster?  Probably. Does that mean much?  Nope!   I like his swagger but he does not have the tools.  He came in the first drive and provided a spark. Once the defensive coordinators adjusted, he got shut down.  He has a future as a career backup or possibly a journeyman like Fitz but he is not the Franchise.  We have him on a rookie QB contract so he will backup here for awhile.  He will probably start the rest of the year to prove me and the other naysayers wrong but I believe it's hopeful wishing.

Ummm, no [BLEEP]?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-13-2020, 05:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 05:30 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Is he the best QB on the roster?  Probably. Does that mean much?  Nope!   I like his swagger but he does not have the tools.  He came in the first drive and provided a spark. Once the defensive coordinators adjusted, he got shut down.  He has a future as a career backup or possibly a journeyman like Fitz but he is not the Franchise.  We have him on a rookie QB contract so he will backup here for awhile.  He will probably start the rest of the year to prove me and the other naysayers wrong but I believe it's hopeful wishing.

Ummm, no [BLEEP]?

It should be common sense but many still believe Minshew can be the man.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2020, 05:34 PM by Jag88.)

Lets see what happens when and if he gets to start from 0-0 next game vs the ravens. The reaven will be tough.

(12-13-2020, 05:33 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Lets see what happens when and if he gets to start from 0-0 next game vs the ravens.

[Image: Pain.jpg]

I think having Minshew fight it out with fields for the start is the way to go next year. He is a very capable player, and it’s not like these team has been a great situation for anyone to succeed in this year.

Glennon was bad today but it's fairly obvious that it's because of Minshew the O-line sometimes looks bad. He's in the pocket so why can't he use it like Mike ******* Glennon? He scrambles a soon as his first read isn't there. Granted, when it works it's electric but it doesn't work a lot.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2020, 06:12 PM by NH3.)

We will draft our franchise QB in 2021 but I disagree that GM15 looked bad while replacing Glennon. The offense hit another gear w/GM15 under center. The plays were extended and he didn't turn the ball over.

Again, he's not our future QB but he's the best that we have at this point and time.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Eagles offense looking pretty good when Wentz isn't there. Damn I hope we find a way to land Pederson.

The next GM will bring in a new starting QB and Minshew will be the backup because he's cheap and on his rookie deal. No value in trading him.

He's by far the best QB on the roster

(12-13-2020, 06:12 PM)NH3 Wrote: We will draft our franchise QB in 2021 but I disagree that GM15 looked bad while replacing Glennon. The offense hit another gear w/GM15 under center. The plays were extended and he didn't turn the ball over.

Again, he's not our future QB but he's the best that we have at this point and time.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I'm not so sure. I believe we will draft a QB the front office believes is a franchise guy, but whether or not he is, depends on who we select. We've been burned a lot.

If we draft Fields I'll be curious to see if he takes the job from Minshew. I'm not on the Fields bandwagon.

Hahaha!! A few weeks ago Luton was the next Brady, then Glennon was a smart vet...Anyone but Minshew eh? And we wonder why no one stays past their rookie deals.

This lurching from decision to decision is exactly why we are 1-12. 

All week Marrone and Gruden been saying Glennon gives us the best chance to win. Lol...

(12-13-2020, 06:40 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Hahaha!! A few weeks ago Luton was the next Brady, then Glennon was a smart vet...Anyone but Minshew eh? And we wonder why no one stays past their rookie deals.

All week Marrone and Gruden been saying Glennon gives us the best chance to win. Lol...

Best chance to win the second pick in the draft.

(12-13-2020, 06:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 06:40 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Hahaha!! A few weeks ago Luton was the next Brady, then Glennon was a smart vet...Anyone but Minshew eh? And we wonder why no one stays past their rookie deals.

Best chance to win the second pick in the draft.

And with that logic im fine with playing Luton or Glennon. At this point theres no pride left to restore. Stink it up for 3 more games, get as high a draft pick as possible, fire Marrone, Wash, Warhop and Gruden and pray Khan hires someone who knows what they are doing this time.

But the way fans have turned on Minshew this year has really not sat well with me. Kids had 1 coach thats believed in him. Hes far from the biggest problem with this team.

By the time Minshew came in, they were down 21 and the defense was gassed with Henry eating them alive. The playcalling was insane once they got inside the red zone. It’ll be nice to see how he plays if he gets the start.

(12-13-2020, 06:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If we draft Fields I'll be curious to see if he takes the job from Minshew. I'm not on the Fields bandwagon.

Same.

I’m still holding out hope that Belicheck doesn’t want the Jets to vet Trevor Lawrence so they completely tank week 17 asssuming they are eliminated from playoffs, which i think they will be.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2020, 07:54 PM by mal234.)

(12-13-2020, 07:01 PM)PS9 Wrote: By the time Minshew came in, they were down 21 and the defense was gassed with Henry eating them alive. The playcalling was insane once they got inside the red zone. It’ll be nice to see how he plays if he gets the start.

I had to work today and didn't really get to follow this game It sounded like Gardner was thrown in late, but did provide a spark after he was inserted. I'm glad he got to play today. I think that he does make watching the games more exciting (in spite of the Jags still losing.) I wonder if he will start next week, Doug said he hasn't made a decision yet. I honestly wouldn't put it past him to bench Gardner again.