Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew lovers> He still looked bad.

(12-15-2020, 07:04 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 05:35 PM)Upper Wrote: Lol did y'all actually even watch Garrard or Bortles or are you just spouting off after doing a little googling? Garrard had three seasons where he was almost exactly average on a per throw basis, two seasons where he was comfortably above average, and his 2007 season was legitimately almost MVP caliber. Anyone saying Bortles was better is looking at overall stats in a pass happy era where he was playing from behind all the time and not looking at the far more useful rate stats. Garrard >>>>.

Garrard also was way above average in INT% to whoever it was that said he threw at lot of INTs. Several seasons where he was in the 10-20% above average range and then again in his fantastic 2007 season he led the league in INT%.
Garrard was better... but like Kane said, it's which girl is the better looking between Kirsten Dunst and Sarah Jessica Parker... they're both gross

Well... I always kinda liked Kirsten Dunst. SJP is horse face man hands though, no thanks.

I think this thread may be getting a little off track at this point lol
Gotta love December Jaguars

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-16-2020, 03:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 11:34 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I usually don't peruse the "OMG the qbsuxx" threads, but the last couple of pages makes me wonder..

There's no doubt Brunell was the best Jags QB, but there's legit argument about second best.  

With all the talk about who sucked worse, Bortles or Garrard (for the record, it was Bortles), does that mean that Minshew is now the second best Jags QB ever?

When that is who we have to pick from, regarding who is the 2nd best QB in franchise history, you know you're rooting for a perennial loser. This whole discussion just makes me depressed! How could we go 25 years with only one good QB? Not a great QB, but a good one. That is sad!

Thats sadly true but its also partly due to us being more a run first team for a long stretch. We went from Fred to Mojo which aint bad plus Del Rio built the D line into a monster. Like you say, weve had one GOOD QB. Weve had an attitude of 'good enough' with QB and being strong in other areas.

A great QB wont win a SB on their own, but they make the path a lot easier.

(12-16-2020, 03:34 PM)Kane Wrote: Well... I always kinda liked Kirsten Dunst. SJP is horse face man hands though, no thanks.

Agreed on both points.  I'm a sucker for dimples.

On topic, for those giving up on Minshew after a half season and then another half when he played injured.... sorry guys, that's a bit quick.  Even Brady looked like a system QB in his first year.  We don't need to give him 3 years to develop or anything, but he's shown enough to warrant a few more games.

Garrard's WRs were awful. Matt Jones led the group one year while he was smoking coke in the park during the week lol. 

Another year it was 5'8" Mike Thomas who's career lasted a total of 32 starts. 

He did however have a much better line and running game. 

I'd put Garrard over Bortles solely because Bortles directly torpedoed so many game with awful interceptions. And to whoever said they had to take plays out for Garrard, do you not remember them taking all short out-breaking routes out of the playbook because Bortles threw a half dozen pick 6's throwing them?

(12-16-2020, 10:08 AM)Kane Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 06:21 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Let's be clear, I'm not a Blake Bortles apologist or leg Humper but I am ejective when it comes to Blake Bortles and David Garrard career because I watch both of them in their Prime. David Garrard had more to work with and accomplished less than what Blake did under similar circumstances. It's easy to dismiss Blake because when he was bad he was terrible but same time, when he was good he was great as well so let's not Blake career was similar to Kyle Boller or Blaine Gabbert.
Oh jeez man... just stop.

You're ejective? lol
You're right I misspelled the word objective and that's my bad especially me being an educated young man there's no excuse for that type of mix-up. We can disagree and still have a conversation like adults because I respect your opinion and hopefully you can respect mines too.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(12-16-2020, 05:57 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Garrard's WRs were awful. Matt Jones led the group one year while he was smoking coke in the park during the week lol. 

I'd put Garrard over Bortles solely because Bortles directly torpedoed so many game with awful interceptions. And to whoever said they had to take plays out for Garrard, do you not remember them taking all short out-breaking routes out of the playbook because Bortles threw a half dozen pick 6's throwing them?

I agree that later in Blake Bortles career Nathaniel Hackett eliminated the outright for Blake Bortles because he used to stare down the receiver and do it late which in turn, cornerbacks jump the route and interceptions was thrown by him because of it. At that point though, Blake Bortles development was ruined and he can never recover from it. I still think despite his erratic those at times he had more big-time plays and throws then David Garrard in his career. If anybody disagree with me let post David Garrard best passes and Blake Bortles best passes and see which one's stand out.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(12-16-2020, 06:20 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 05:57 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Garrard's WRs were awful. Matt Jones led the group one year while he was smoking coke in the park during the week lol. 

I agree that later in Blake Bortles career Nathaniel Hackett eliminated the outright for Blake Bortles because he used to stare down the receiver and do it late which in turn, cornerbacks jump the route and interceptions was thrown by him because of it. At that point though, Blake Bortles development was ruined and he can never recover from it. I still think despite his erratic those at times he had more big-time plays and throws then David Garrard in his career. If anybody disagree with me let post David Garrard best passes and Blake Bortles best passes and see which one's stand out.

Okay - but when you're trying to portray your opinion as objective and use a certain reasoning against one QB but omit that it was also famously a mark against the other QB as well, it doesn't come off as very objective.

(12-16-2020, 03:34 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 07:04 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Garrard was better... but like Kane said, it's which girl is the better looking between Kirsten Dunst and Sarah Jessica Parker... they're both gross

Well... I always kinda liked Kirsten Dunst. SJP is horse face man hands though, no thanks.

Whatever man, SJP in Hocus Pocus was just fine with me. Dunst was cute too. Too many Sharp Knees commentators here.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-17-2020, 07:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 03:34 PM)Kane Wrote: Well... I always kinda liked Kirsten Dunst. SJP is horse face man hands though, no thanks.

Whatever man, SJP in Hocus Pocus was just fine with me. Dunst was cute too. Too many Sharp Knees commentators here.

It is amazing the attitude towards this guy....a second year QB.  

Frankly, it is stunning.  I get we are tanking, and I am on board with that.  I get Minshew isn’t the franchise QB we have been looking for for forever.  Fine.

But for Lageman and Mark to just kill the guy, it is just astonishing.   

Lageman spent the first 10 minutes of his radio segment Tuesday just slamming Minshew, on his “Check the Tape Tuesday.”  You’d think Minshew came in and threw the game away.  Just came in and blew it.

If I recall, he came in when it was 31-3.  I don’t think I heard a word about Glennon.  And THEN Mark and he both said they’d start Loton who was a flat out joke when he played.   Just terrible.  

I am sure they’d say something like, “Well, he’s a rookie” if you were to confront them about this....while at the same time ignoring the fact Minshew is a 2nd year guy.....and one who played better than most QB’s we have had here, period—-AS A ROOKIE.  

Now, he’s not played anything other than average this year, but he was on pace- in non garbage time stats, to be fairly productive all things considered.   Luton and Glennon?  Freaking dreadful.  

I just don’t get the hatred, at all.  They even were like they wouldn’t even bring him back as a backup.  What.  The. Hell.  

Crazy that some are so snobbish and turn their noses up at a guy who has been as productive as anyone we have had in years, and arguably ever, considering he isn’t throwing to Jimmy, Keenan, and taking snaps in front of Fred.   

Like I said, I get he’s not the franchise and that’s fine.....but the hated is well above and beyond.

Yeah I think the Minshew hate is getting way out of hand.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2020, 10:55 AM by Mowerguy.)

Wasn't that long ago that almost everyone was aboard "Minshew Mania"
My how times change.... the guy was trying to play through his hand injury for the team and simply
couldn't.
Now everyone wants to tank and draft a QB and put them behind a line that will get them
far more than a thumb injury.
we need big uglies NOT another QB that's going to get injured a' la Burrow.
Get ready for 2021 being another Jaguar debacle.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2020, 11:04 AM by Newton.)

I personally thing we have sunk so low that new year will seem exciting. I mean, we are going to win one game this year. Winning 7 next year will feel like winning the Super Bowl for us. We have a lot of cap space, draft capital, and hopefully some new blood on the coaching side. Things could turn around relatively quickly if the right pieces come together, but of course things have to break right. There are still a ton of unknowns about what this team will look like next year.

(12-19-2020, 10:01 AM)nate Wrote:   Luton and Glennon?  Freaking dreadful.  

Luton was freaking dreadful, no doubt. Worse than Minshew as a whole, for sure.

However, he also made a handful of throws that showed he does have a modicum of upside. Throws Minshew can't make.

If you told me that one of them carves out a nice 10 year career as a backup and made a nice living for himself, I would guess Minshew no hesitation. I actually think that's a likely scenario. But, if you told me that one of them defied the odds and became a true franchise QB, I would begrudgingly guess Luton. Granted that's like a 1% chance.

(12-19-2020, 10:23 AM)Newton Wrote: Yeah I think the Minshew hate is getting way out of hand.

Minshew is a likeable guy and a great personality.  I just dont think he can be a Franchise Qb.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-19-2020, 07:14 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 10:23 AM)Newton Wrote: Yeah I think the Minshew hate is getting way out of hand.

Minshew is a likeable guy and a great personality.  I just dont think he can be a Franchise Qb.

Yea, Minshew is getting fallout from a poor O-line and defense. Pick any QB...none would perform well for us
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Minshew wil be a serviceable backup on a cheap rookie contract.  His roster spot is safe next year.  He's got little or no trade value.  Pretty much end of discussion.  

What a sad year for the Jags.  it's pretty bad when the offseason is the only thing to get excited about.

Lawerence Taylor, Jimmy Smith, Michael Irvin and a few other big time players use to get coked up before games.  Those players just stunk
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-19-2020, 10:54 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Wasn't that long ago that almost everyone was aboard "Minshew Mania"
My how times change.... the guy was trying to play through his hand injury for the team and simply
couldn't.
Now everyone wants to tank and draft a QB and put them behind a line that will get them

So we can't draft a QB until we have a top O-line? You do realize great QBs make average lineman look great right? Manning did it for years, dumb Caldwell fell for it when he signed Beadles.

We need a QB, we are not passing on one because we have Minshew.

BTW, I did want a OT at #9 last year and still want them to draft at least two O-lineman in the next draft and sign 1 in FA.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(12-20-2020, 02:58 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 10:54 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Wasn't that long ago that almost everyone was aboard "Minshew Mania"
couldn't.

So we can't draft a QB until we have a top O-line? You do realize great QBs make average lineman look great right? Manning did it for years, dumb Caldwell fell for it when he signed Beadles.

BTW, I did want a OT at #9 last year and still want them to draft at least two O-lineman in the next draft and sign 1 in FA.

I agree, though I don't think Fields is the guy either.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-20-2020, 03:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 02:58 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: So we can't draft a QB until we have a top O-line? You do realize great QBs make average lineman look great right? Manning did it for years, dumb Caldwell fell for it when he signed Beadles.

I agree, though I don't think Fields is the guy either.

Yeah, I am not a fan of Fields but we'll see what happens.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23