Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Troublesome Coaching Quotes

If accurate, it may leave you shaking your head in dismay.

Courtesy of Big Cat Country

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/9/21/1...said-today

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just can't believe he wasn't fired on Monday or Tuesday....

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2016, 02:29 PM by Scarecrow.)

If true....

That's embarrassing.

This is just so depressing... we are literally ran by clowns

we are a circus, and no one seems to want to do anything about it.  The owner actually extended this joke this past off season.

please someone tell me this is going to get better soon

I think the cliche machine wasn't working during these interviews?

0-16 is a possibility with these 2.

Flacco is basically Mike Vick in his prime. everyone knows that.

How can Khan accept this buffoonery(sp) ?

honestly, how can he sit back all these years and continue to accept this?  Gus certainly doesn't see us doing the same thing over and over again with the same results expecting different, and clearly Khan doesn't either

I saw that article this morning when I got up. I didn't have the heart to post/share it...

:pinch:

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Khan did not make ~$4 billion by just sitting around and letting some fools run and operate his companies...he'll get this figured out.

Have you seen my baseball?

I just cant even with this coach anymore

Khan doesn't know ANYTHING about football. His son is in charge of analytics for a YEARLY last place scoring defense with a defensive head coach. Enough said; embarrassing.

I'm praying for an NFL Players Strike.

This organization is run by bozos. I don't even think I can bash the "bad" players here anymore when Gus is in charge of developing them. Guys like Gratz and Cyprien were probably ruined by this clown.

I don't see anything in those quotes that doesn't get tossed around in press conferences regularly from any number of coaches around the league.

They are both failing miserably at their jobs currently, yet still are required to address the media.  Par for the course in that scenario.  Having seen the pressers - the quotes are even more innocuous in context.

it's better to just take the Bill B approach. just say "were on to Baltimore" to every question.

I prefer the Marshawn Lynch approach.

"I'm just here so I don't get fined."

Have you seen my baseball?

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2016, 03:45 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:I don't see anything in those quotes that doesn't get tossed around in press conferences regularly from any number of coaches around the league.

They are both failing miserably at their jobs currently, yet still are required to address the media.  Par for the course in that scenario.  Having seen the pressers - the quotes are even more innocuous in context.
I dunno, NYC.

Saying "The yards per attempt or yards per carry with a guy like T.J. Yeldon is up there pretty decent," is troubling under almost every conceivable context considering he has a 2.4 ypc average.

I guess if he prefaced the above by stating "For runs inside the opponent's 5 yard line..."it would make sense.

Perhaps if he prefaced by stating, "considering our OL is an unmitigated disaster and can't open holes..." it would make more sense.

But in what world or context is a 2.4 ypc "up there pretty decent?"

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Olson talked about that screen play to end the half today. Said the goal was to get in range for a field goal like how they did in a game vs the Colts last season. Said the problem with the play was alignment. Ugh. Really Olson? The problem is you run the damn play every 3 plays, they knew that it was coming. This guy is so stubborn, can't wait to see how many screens are thrown this week. 

Quote:I dunno, NYC.

Saying "The yards per attempt or yards per carry with a guy like T.J. Yeldon is up there pretty decent," is troubling under almost every conceivable context considering he has a 2.4 ypc average.

If he was specifically referring to TJs 2016 stat line - then yeah that was pretty dumb.  I don't see anything uncommon about the other comments.