Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Potential 2021 Free Agents

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top-2...-position/

Ordinarily I take these lists with a huge grain of salt because by the time free agency starts, the best players are typically re-signed by their teams before they hit the market.

But given the prospects of a reduced Salary cap due to Covid-19 and it's impact on revenues, some guys may hit the market that otherswise may not under normal circumstances.

I'd love Scherff to upgrade Cann on the right side and pair him with Norwell.  I would also like to sign Trent Williams.  Imagine an OL of Williams/Norwell/ Linder/Scherff/Taylor blocking for Lawrence.

If we decided to add a WR, my top targets would be Chris Godwin, Kenny Golladay and JuJu Smith Schuster.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2020, 11:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Trey Hendrickson and Justin Simmons are my top 2 guys along with Tren Willians

I'd like the two Williams' - Trent and Marcus. Marcus is only 24 and would be a great addition to our secondary. Trent would be a shorter term fix at left tackle.

I normally don't want to go after older, higher priced players, but with Trevor Lawrence possibly being our QB, I'd sign Trent Williams in a heartbeat, while drafting an OT as well. I'd also love Justin Simmons. Our Safeties have been a mess this season and Simmons would be just what we need. Finally, I wanna add an inside pass rusher and I'd add Leonard Williams, if we had enough money. Playing him next to DaVon Hamilton should upgrade the defensive line quite a bit.

I agree. Two upgrades on the o-line would be great. Also we need a good #2cb. I think the linebackers are solid.

As mentioned in another thread, my main priority in FA is to target Justin Simmons at safety and hopefully drafting a player like Paris Ford in the draft.

After that, I'm going for an upgrade to the OT/OG position - whether its bringing in a tackle and shifting one of our current bookends inside or bringing in a new guard and supplementing through the draft.

I don't want to spend too much on a WR in FA when we could use the draft to find a talented player. I also believe in extending Chark's contract SOONER rather than later.

Like others, a solid stopgap corner will be needed but I want to address the CB position fairly early on in the draft.

My first target would be Trey Hendrickson. He has 12.5 sacks, is 26 years old, from Florida, and the Saints are against the cap.

(12-21-2020, 11:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top-2...-position/

Ordinarily I take these lists with a huge grain of salt because by the time free agency starts, the best players are typically re-signed by their teams before they hit the market.

But given the prospects of a reduced Salary cap due to Covid-19 and it's impact on revenues, some guys may hit the market that otherswise may not under normal circumstances.

I'd love Scherff to upgrade Cann on the right side and pair him with Norwell.  I would also like to sign Trent Williams.  Imagine an OL of Williams/Norwell/ Linder/Scherff/Taylor blocking for Lawrence.

If we decided to add a WR, my top targets would be Chris Godwin, Kenny Golladay and JuJu Smith Schuster.
Pass on Juju but Golladay would be amazing.

Trent and Scherff would be incredible.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2020, 11:28 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-22-2020, 10:42 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: My first target would be Trey Hendrickson. He has 12.5 sacks, is 26 years old, from Florida, and the Saints are against the cap.

I'd be very happy with Hendrickson and Simmons.  It would really boost our D imo.

If we get Lawrence though I'd do what I could to get Trent Williams. Williams is 32 but thats not very old for a tackle and especially the elite ones. Would still have 3 or 4 very good yeras

Whitworth is 39 and still playing at an All Pro level before the injury. Id sign Williams to a 4 year 70 mil contract

Trent Williams should be our number 1 target imo and I would make him one of the highest paid LTs in the league.

(12-21-2020, 11:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top-2...-position/

On thing also to consider is that if the cap drops, either the league is going to have to be less stringent on enforcement, or some teams are going to have to cut and gut to get under the cap. Cheap trades or new additions to the FA market will be popping up, no doubt.

(12-22-2020, 12:21 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I normally don't want to go after older, higher priced players, but with Trevor Lawrence possibly being our QB, I'd sign Trent Williams in a heartbeat, while drafting an OT as well. I'd also love Justin Simmons. Our Safeties have been a mess this season and Simmons would be just what we need. Finally, I wanna add an inside pass rusher and I'd add Leonard Williams, if we had enough money. Playing him next to DaVon Hamilton should upgrade the defensive line quite a bit.

Pete Prisco made the following suggestions in free agency:

1. Trent Williams

2. Leonard Williams

3. Hunter Henry

I'd love the first 2, but would pass on Henry. The draft class is very strong at tight end and the Jaguars should just use their 2nd first rounder or 1st second rounder on Freirmuth or Brevin Jordon. Hunter Long is another good prospect at this position, although I'd rather have the other two guys. Pitts can be a great weapon, but the Jaguars should not trade up since they have so many needs. 

Instead of Henry, I'd go with Brandon Williams. That would give them the Williams' trifecta in free agency. Add in Quincey Williams and the Jags will lead the league in players named Williams!

(12-22-2020, 04:01 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 12:21 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I normally don't want to go after older, higher priced players, but with Trevor Lawrence possibly being our QB, I'd sign Trent Williams in a heartbeat, while drafting an OT as well. I'd also love Justin Simmons. Our Safeties have been a mess this season and Simmons would be just what we need. Finally, I wanna add an inside pass rusher and I'd add Leonard Williams, if we had enough money. Playing him next to DaVon Hamilton should upgrade the defensive line quite a bit.

Pete Prisco made the following suggestions in free agency:

1. Trent Williams

2. Leonard Williams

3. Hunter Henry

I'd love the first 2, but would pass on Henry. The draft class is very strong at tight end and the Jaguars should just use their 2nd first rounder or 1st second rounder on Freirmuth or Brevin Jordon. Hunter Long is another good prospect at this position, although I'd rather have the other two guys. Pitts can be a great weapon, but the Jaguars should not trade up since they have so many needs. 

Instead of Henry, I'd go with Brandon Williams. That would give them the Williams' trifecta in free agency. Add in Quincey Williams and the Jags will lead the league in players named Williams!
You can take Freirmuth and sign Henry. Jags have awful TEs than having a really good one and one that can eventually take his place isn’t a bad thing.

Rookie TEs rarely make an impact and if the Jags get Lawerence, they need to give him weapons that are ready now.

You know who else is an UFA? Allen Robinson. I wonder if he would change his tune about playing for the Jags with the prospect of catching balls from Trevor Lawrence? It seems like much of his wanting to leave this team came from his frustration of having Blake Bortles as a QB. Now, he's been in Chicago where they have been playing "musical QB's" every week. He never knows who the starter will be. That would be an interesting scenario should the situation present itself. Imagine Chark and Robinson being on the field for us at the same time with Lawrence under Center.

(12-22-2020, 04:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You know who else is an UFA? Allen Robinson. I wonder if he would change his tune about playing for the Jags with the prospect of catching balls from Trevor Lawrence? It seems like much of his wanting to leave this team came from his frustration of having Blake Bortles as a QB. Now, he's been in Chicago where they have been playing "musical QB's" every week. He never knows who the starter will be. That would be an interesting scenario should the situation present itself. Imagine Chark and Robinson being on the field for us at the same time with Lawrence under Center.

I don't know about trying to rekindle that romance lol
How much money will he want and will it prevent us from paying Chark (or keeping Cole, or signing a big name FA TE like Hunter?)

Though it certainly is intriguing.

(12-22-2020, 04:53 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 04:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You know who else is an UFA? Allen Robinson. I wonder if he would change his tune about playing for the Jags with the prospect of catching balls from Trevor Lawrence? It seems like much of his wanting to leave this team came from his frustration of having Blake Bortles as a QB. Now, he's been in Chicago where they have been playing "musical QB's" every week. He never knows who the starter will be. That would be an interesting scenario should the situation present itself. Imagine Chark and Robinson being on the field for us at the same time with Lawrence under Center.

I don't know about trying to rekindle that romance lol
How much money will he want and will it prevent us from paying Chark (or keeping Cole, or signing a big name FA TE like Hunter?)

Though it certainly is intriguing.

I'm just throwing anything against the wall and see if it sticks. LOL. I'm just giddy about the prospect of getting Lawrence and what that could mean.

I think the following would be a somewhat realistic and ideal FA haul:

Trent Williams LT
Trey Hendrickson DE
Marcus Maye SAF
Jonnu Smith TE

Then we pick Lawrence and truly go BAP the rest of the way.

(12-22-2020, 05:17 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I think the following would be a somewhat realistic and ideal FA haul:

Trent Williams LT
Trey Hendrickson DE
Marcus Maye SAF
Jonnu Smith TE

Jonnu Smith is an interesting name. Arthur Smith is one of the top candidates for head coach. He has a lot of good qualities and the Titans offense has thrived under his direction. He might also be able to lure Smith here, which would be a nice plus. Smith would also cost less than Henry.

No comment until we have a GM and coach
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2020, 07:25 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-22-2020, 05:17 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I think the following would be a somewhat realistic and ideal FA haul:

Trent Williams LT
Trey Hendrickson DE
Marcus Maye SAF
Jonnu Smith TE

I'd be thrilled with that.

(12-22-2020, 06:01 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

Trent Williams LT
Trey Hendrickson DE
Marcus Maye SAF
Jonnu Smith TE

Jonnu Smith is an interesting name. Arthur Smith is one of the top candidates for head coach. He has a lot of good qualities and the Titans offense has thrived under his direction. He might also be able to lure Smith here, which would be a nice plus. Smith would also cost less than Henry.

I'd love to get Smith. His unit is the highest scoring offense for Tennessee in 16 years.