Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Potential 2021 Free Agents

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Man PFF doesn't even have Cam Robinson in their top 100 FAs...

(01-08-2021, 09:32 AM)Upper Wrote: Man PFF doesn't even have Cam Robinson in their top 100 FAs...

Doesn't surprise me.

(01-06-2021, 09:29 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1346569914262327296?s=19

Holy.... Whitworth is 39 and he is top 5 OT? very impressive.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-08-2021, 12:18 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 09:29 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1346569914262327296?s=19

Holy.... Whitworth is 39 and he is top 5 OT? very impressive.

Tackle is one of those positions you can play at a high level at a older age.  Just another reason why I want one of the vets like  Trent Williams, Okung, Villanueva etc.

not at 36-39 or name 3 OT in the last 15 years to have pro bowl/all pro seasons at 36 or older.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-08-2021, 01:21 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: not at 36-39 or name 3 OT in the last 15 years to have pro bowl/all pro seasons at 36 or older.

I didnt say 39, I said older compared to other positions

(01-08-2021, 01:21 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: not at 36-39 or name 3 OT in the last 15 years to have pro bowl/all pro seasons at 36 or older.

Trent Williams is 32, orher than QB and kicker what other positions is a player arguably the best at his position at 32 or older?

(12-22-2020, 10:42 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: My first target would be Trey Hendrickson. He has 12.5 sacks, is 26 years old, from Florida, and the Saints are against the cap.

The Saints will definitely not be able to keep all their free agents. Previously, I liked Marcus Williams however he had a poor season. Hendrickson would be worth a big contract due to his age (26), and the position he plays. Even if Chaisson keeps improving and becomes a productive pass rusher, it would be great to have Hendrickson. Allen, Chaisson and Hendrickson would be a very solid group.

if we get a safety and we cant get Justin Simmons I hope we get Marcus Maye

How did Marcus Williams have a bad year? Everything I've read has said he was good and for what it's worth PFF agrees.

Unfortunately, a day or two ago Douglas said Maye is the teams #1 priority this offseason. There will likely be a long term deal, but if not the franchise tag is a lock.

It's a loaded safety class though. Williams, John Johnson, and Harris should hit the market all are franchise S prospects.

I wouldn't mind getting Hooker for a bit cheaper. He was a superlative single high safety prospect who has been shoehorned into the softest cover two defense in the league, and he has still be pretty solid. Bring him here and put him in a traditional cover 1/3 scheme like we usually play and he could be a stud.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2021, 04:31 AM by Black and Teal.)

Trent Williams, Leonard Williams, and Marcus Maye. They’ll bring a veteran presence, leadership, and overall talent. Protect Lawrence and trade up to get Kyle Pitts

I’d do everything in my power to land Trent Williams and Hunter Henry

(01-08-2021, 11:33 PM)Upper Wrote: How did Marcus Williams have a bad year? Everything I've read has said he was good and for what it's worth PFF agrees.

Unfortunately, a day or two ago Douglas said Maye is the teams #1 priority this offseason. There will likely be a long term deal, but if not the franchise tag is a lock.

It's a loaded safety class though. Williams, John Johnson, and Harris should hit the market all are franchise S prospects.

I wouldn't mind getting Hooker for a bit cheaper. He was a superlative single high safety prospect who has been shoehorned into the softest cover two defense in the league, and he has still be pretty solid. Bring him here and put him in a traditional cover 1/3 scheme like we usually play and he could be a stud.

There was an article from a New Orleans writer indicating that he has been an inconsistent tackler and committed dumb penalties. He was originally my favorite choice at safety, but this article gave me pause. I'd rather pay more and take Justin Simmons.

Johnson III plays insane today. He'd be a great get I can't imagine the Rams can afford him.

FA:
Trent Williams OT - 3yrs 42M
Leonard Williams DL - 4yrs 70M
Hunter Henry TE - 4yrs 42M
Brandon Scherff OG - 4yrs 50M
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

3/42 for Trent Williams lmao

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 09:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-10-2021, 08:47 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: FA:
Brandon Scherff  OG - 4yrs 50M

Williams will probably get 20 mil a year at least. Id say 3 yr 60 mil

(01-09-2021, 09:01 PM)Upper Wrote: Johnson III plays insane today. He'd be a great get I can't imagine the Rams can afford him.

Yeah he's a beast, a lot of good safeties in FA.  Id sign one and draft one

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 11:03 PM by MJonesD_32.)

1st hopeful target: Ju Ju Smith Schuster (one of my favorites that is a non-jag player)
2nd hopeful target: Justin Simmons
3rd hopeful target: Trent Williams

Imagine Lawrence throwing to Ju Ju and Chark on the outside and Shenault in the slot. All are capable to move around also, and would make us less predictable. Resign K. Cole for depth for 4 receiver sets and we're set.

(01-10-2021, 09:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 08:47 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: FA:
Brandon Scherff  OG - 4yrs 50M

Williams will probably get 20 mil a year at least.  Id say 3 yr 60 mil

(01-09-2021, 09:01 PM)Upper Wrote: Johnson III plays insane today. He'd be a great get I can't imagine the Rams can afford him.

Yeah he's a beast, a lot of good safeties in FA.  Id sign one and draft one

Leonard Williams would be a great pickup aswell as Scherff. I would be okay with this haul.

Juju on the outside has been less than impressive. He's a slot guy.

Arob, Golladay, or Fuller would be dope.