Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars coaching candidates? (merged coaching threads)

(01-11-2021, 07:00 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 06:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote: 1.  Schwartz has reportedly said he's sitting out this year.

2.  So what?!?  Why penalize him because his division sucked?!?  He has surpassed the remainder of the league when he won the Super Bowl.

So a losing season outweighs a Super Bowl?

No it doesn't. And if you told me he'd get us a SB and then bomb, I'd take it all day. I just don't see where he made the team any better. He got the SB and then continually made questionable decisions and his players regressed. Sidney Jones is a prime example, he played much better after leaving. How much influence he had on all of that and everything is admittedly above my football IQ. But I question whether he just "lucked" into that SB by Wentz and Foles having out of body QB experiences or if it's because of how well he coached

Ummm, what!? 

You don't luck into a Superbowl win against Bill Belichick and Tom Brady lol. 

Pedersen to me, seems like a very sharp offensive minded head coach similar to to a Sean Peyton type. 

Now I don't follow the Eagles closely at all so I have no clue how he is with the players or if he is anywhere near as liked by his players like Sean Peyton is. 

I do think he'd be a HUGE upgrade over baloney boy though and to me, seems like the type of coach that is always keeping up with the newest offensive styles that work in the modern nfl where Marone was stuck in the old ways of run run pass punt. 

I'd take Pedersen all day, over Urban Meyer a great college coach with zero nfl experience. Just going from memory, those hires seem to miss more often than they workout as there's such a hugely narrowed skill gap between college and nfl. 

No more all star team vs scrubs for 3/4 of the season. Typically every game in the NFL is tough and wins are earned by the narrowest of margins/mistakes/execution. 

If we go with Urban, I hope he proves me wrong. I'm excited either way for what the future holds. I had big time concerns over Lawrence's accuracy last year, but he's fixed that BIG TIME this season. Guy is a absolute stud can't wait to have this guy starting at QB now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-12-2021, 12:16 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 07:00 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: No it doesn't. And if you told me he'd get us a SB and then bomb, I'd take it all day. I just don't see where he made the team any better. He got the SB and then continually made questionable decisions and his players regressed. Sidney Jones is a prime example, he played much better after leaving. How much influence he had on all of that and everything is admittedly above my football IQ. But I question whether he just "lucked" into that SB by Wentz and Foles having out of body QB experiences or if it's because of how well he coached

Ummm, what!? 

You don't luck into a Superbowl win against Bill Belichick and Tom Brady lol. 

Pedersen to me, seems like a very sharp offensive minded head coach similar to to a Sean Peyton type. 

Now I don't follow the Eagles closely at all so I have no clue how he is with the players or if he is anywhere near as liked by his players like Sean Peyton is. 

I do think he'd be a HUGE upgrade over baloney boy though and to me, seems like the type of coach that is always keeping up with the newest offensive styles that work in the modern nfl where Marone was stuck in the old ways of run run pass punt. 

I'd take Pedersen all day, over Urban Meyer a great college coach with zero nfl experience. Just going from memory, those hires seem to miss more often than they workout as there's such a hugely narrowed skill gap between college and nfl. 

No more all star team vs scrubs for 3/4 of the season. Typically every game in the NFL is tough and wins are earned by the narrowest of margins/mistakes/execution. 

If we go with Urban, I hope he proves me wrong. I'm excited either way for what the future holds. I had big time concerns over Lawrence's accuracy last year, but he's fixed that BIG TIME this season. Guy is a absolute stud can't wait to have this guy starting at QB now.
I like Pederson. It really wasn't his fault the Eagles tanked this year. Give him a decent roster, and I think he does well.

Shad Khan needs to call Jeff Lurie and see if he will tell him why he fired Pederson. That is step 1. We may not know the whole story.

I'm just happy that Khan is taking his time to find the right guy. They're doing their interviews, and talking to the top candidates. I suspect they have their favorite, but I would expect the team to at least kick the tires on Pederson based on his resume.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-12-2021, 12:42 PM)FBT Wrote: I'm just happy that Khan is taking his time to find the right guy.  They're doing their interviews, and talking to the top candidates.  I suspect they have their favorite, but I would expect the team to at least kick the tires on Pederson based on his resume.

Apparently Khan reached out to Pederson about an interview yesterday.

Anyone else refreshing Twitter every few minutes?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

[quote pid='1354167' dateline='1610469868']
(01-12-2021, 12:42 PM)FBT Wrote: I'm just happy that Khan is taking his time to find the right guy.  They're doing their interviews, and talking to the top candidates.  I suspect they have their favorite, but I would expect the team to at least kick the tires on Pederson based on his resume.

Apparently Khan reached out to Pederson about an interview yesterday.
[/quote]

I agree guys
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-12-2021, 12:56 PM)Dimson Wrote: Anyone else refreshing Twitter every few minutes?

Nope.. Deleted it..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-12-2021, 12:56 PM)Dimson Wrote: Anyone else refreshing Twitter every few minutes?

Why?  What are you looking for?

(01-12-2021, 01:00 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Why?  What are you looking for?

News on the Jaguars, duh, lol.

(01-12-2021, 01:39 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 01:00 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Why?  What are you looking for?

News on the Jaguars, duh, lol.

I Google "Jaguars" and click on "news."  That includes Twitter and everything else.

(01-12-2021, 01:41 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 01:39 PM)Dimson Wrote: News on the Jaguars, duh, lol.

I Google "Jaguars" and click on "news."  That includes Twitter and everything else.

Not nearly as fun, lol.

I'm still holding out hope that we interview Daboll and Dodds for the HC and GM position, so the longer this takes, the better.

We need to stop acting like some battered woman who has no other options. We are the most prized opening in the league and Shad needs to start acting like it.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...6872350726

Yea let's not wait around for Meyer too long in the event the other good candidates get scooped up. If he isn't excited right away about it then move on.

Wow. Urban meyer needs to quit being scared and jump in. You only live life once. Come on with it

(01-12-2021, 03:37 PM)Upper Wrote: We need to stop acting like some battered woman who has no other options. We are the most prized opening in the league and Shad needs to start acting like it.

I agree. You get a chance at your first NFL job in what most consider a great situation based on the draft picks and the cap space, and you can't decide if you wanna do it? Nah...lets move on.

(01-12-2021, 03:39 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Yea let's not wait around for Meyer too long in the event the other good candidates get scooped up. If he isn't excited right away about it then move on.

For sure. If he's not anxious to take the job, he's probably not right for the job. I really hope they pass on Meyer.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-12-2021, 03:37 PM)Upper Wrote: We need to stop acting like some battered woman who has no other options. We are the most prized opening in the league and Shad needs to start acting like it.

Screw him. Why would he accept an interview if he is not sure what he wants? hell he is like 56.

Daboll or Bieniemy please.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I'm assuming Shad gave him a deadline. I highly doubt he said "well just let us know when you decide, no rush"