Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars coaching candidates? (merged coaching threads)

(01-14-2021, 10:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 10:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm gonna have to live with it and I truly do hope I am wrong about him, but if we hire Baalke as the GM, I'm gonna be livid! And I won't be easy to win over on that one.
Fontenot is the main one linked right now.

I’m more interested in the coordinators than Urban at the moment.

Rightfully so. From what I read and hear of his coaching style, the coordinators will have the biggest job and impact on the team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-14-2021, 10:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 10:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm gonna have to live with it and I truly do hope I am wrong about him, but if we hire Baalke as the GM, I'm gonna be livid! And I won't be easy to win over on that one.
Fontenot is the main one linked right now.

I’m more interested in the coordinators than Urban at the moment.

That makes me extremely happy. He was one of my top 3 candidates. Now, I'm feeling pretty good.

[BLEEP] this team. Always doing dumb [BLEEP] [BLEEP].

(01-14-2021, 09:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 09:36 AM)Dimson Wrote: According to Schefter, Meyer and the Jags are finalizing a deal as we speak. Ugh. This will either be the best hire in Jaguars history or the worst. No in between in my eyes.

I thought the same thing until another possibility arose; it could be the best hire and then abruptly become the worst hire when the Jags show up to play one Sunday and Meyer is no where to be found. Then we find out he's in the hospital with a bad migraine from the stress of bailing one of his staff out of jail after beating his wife.

I think this is a highly plausible scenario.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

I think it's gonna be hard to judge his coordinators until we see them. I bet they are all from the college ranks.

(01-14-2021, 10:34 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: [BLEEP] this team.  Always doing dumb [BLEEP] [BLEEP].

[Image: Meditation.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 10:39 AM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

The number of coaches with no prior NFL experience moving from College to the NFL doesn't inspire much confidence. Here's hoping we got Jimmy Johnson and not Steve Spurrier or Chip Kelly.

(01-14-2021, 10:35 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I think it's gonna be hard to judge his coordinators until we see them. I bet they are all from the college ranks.

Is he networked enough to find coordinators from the pro ranks? Honest question.

(01-14-2021, 10:38 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: The number of coaches with no prior NFL experience moving from College to the NFL doesn't inspire much confidence. Here's hoping we got Jimmy Johnson and not Steve Spurrier.

Or Pete Carroll and not Nick Saban.

(01-14-2021, 10:38 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: The number of coaches with no prior NFL experience moving from College to the NFL doesn't inspire much confidence.  Here's hoping we got Jimmy Johnson and not Steve Spurrier.
Dominique Foxworth said it best this morning.

The amount of coaches that actually succeed (no matter where they come from) is extremely low. Whether it’s from being an OC or college coach, they all have a slim chance to be great.

(01-14-2021, 10:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 10:35 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I think it's gonna be hard to judge his coordinators until we see them. I bet they are all from the college ranks.

Is he networked enough to find coordinators from the pro ranks? Honest question.

I guess we're gonna find out soon.

This is Urb's big chance to one-up Nick Saban.

(01-14-2021, 10:38 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: The number of coaches with no prior NFL experience moving from College to the NFL doesn't inspire much confidence.  Here's hoping we got Jimmy Johnson and not Steve Spurrier or Chip Kelly.

To be fair, the last two, Kingsbury and Rhule, look solid so far. We'll see.

I'm more worried about GM than Meyer as HC right now. Coordinators will make or break Meyer

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 10:54 AM by Talented Kalamari.)

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1349...71136?s=21

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 10:55 AM by Tank Commander.)

(01-14-2021, 10:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I wonder where he will live. Tebow lives in Glen Kernan. Maybe they can be neighbors.

Maybe Tebow gets another opportunity to be a wildcat QB, fullback and 4th string QB

(01-14-2021, 10:39 AM)Brett Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 10:38 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: The number of coaches with no prior NFL experience moving from College to the NFL doesn't inspire much confidence.  Here's hoping we got Jimmy Johnson and not Steve Spurrier.

Which Pete Carroll though?  Jets/New England Pete Carrol or Seattle Pete Carrol

(01-14-2021, 10:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 10:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is he networked enough to find coordinators from the pro ranks? Honest question.

I guess we're gonna find out soon.

https://twitter.com/akronjackson/status/...31656?s=21

With this news I find myself with the same feeling as when they hired Foles. I don't like it. To be honest about it though it's probably driven mostly by the Gator Hater that resides within me then any knowledge of how he can coach. Does it really take a top notch coach to win championships at the college level when you are playing the top recruits in the nation generally?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(01-14-2021, 10:39 AM)Brett Wrote:

Pete had NFL experience.
Nick did not.

Johnson is the only coach who got an NFL head coaching job with no NFL experience and had any measure of success.

And that was a long time ago.  Saban and Spurrier are more recent.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 11:05 AM by homebiscuit.)

(01-14-2021, 10:54 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 10:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I wonder where he will live. Tebow lives in Glen Kernan. Maybe they can be neighbors.

Maybe Tebow gets another opportunity to be a wildcat QB, fullback and 4th string QB

If Lawrence does a jump pass at the goal line I'm going to run into my bedroom and cry my eyes out.

(01-14-2021, 10:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 10:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I guess we're gonna find out soon.

Question answered. Thanks!

(01-14-2021, 10:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 10:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I guess we're gonna find out soon.

That makes me feel better.  It’ll be interesting to find out what his staff will look like.