Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The pick no one's talking about

Haven't posted in a long time and simply haven't been this excited about football since early in the season 2018.  I know we are all going to be glued to the TV hoping for a Jags loss and/or a Jets win.

With that said, the Rams losing the Jets was huge for our first pick, but also helps out our second first rounder.  The Rams have two more games against the Seahawks and Cardinals, both very losable and possibly pushing our second pick closer to mid-first round which would be incredible!  I'm thinking the best available tackle, or possibly trade up and get Kyle Pitts.  Can you imagine!!!

What do you all think we do with pick numero dos?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-23-2020, 04:02 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Haven't posted in a long time and simply haven't been this excited about football since early in the season 2018.  I know we are all going to be glued to the TV hoping for a Jags loss and/or a Jets win.

With that said, the Rams losing the Jets was huge for our first pick, but also helps out our second first rounder.  The Rams have two more games against the Seahawks and Cardinals, both very losable and possibly pushing our second pick closer to mid-first round which would be incredible!  I'm thinking the best available tackle, or possibly trade up and get Kyle Pitts.  Can you imagine!!!

What do you all think we do with pick numero dos?

I am hoping O line but I could easily see us going best available CB.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I could see Alex Leatherwood, or possibly even go D with Gregory Rousseau. I think both would be good options but the Lawrence to Pitts is something to dream about...

Lawrence and Pitts would be a dream. The 2 positions we have needed the longest and 2 future All Pros

(12-23-2020, 04:25 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: I could see Alex Leatherwood, or possibly even go D with Gregory Rousseau.  I think both would be good options but the Lawrence to Pitts is something to dream about...

If Gregory Rousseau fell that far, I'd be running to the podium to make the pick. He reminds me of a mixture between Jevon Kearse and Myles Garrett.

I'm hoping Micha Parsons falls. I think he will be the next great MLB like a Patrick Willis. He would be our leader on D and him and Jack would be the best LB combo in the league

(12-23-2020, 09:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm hoping Micha Parsons falls.  I think he will be the next great MLB like a Patrick Willis.  He would be our leader on D and him and Jack would be the best LB combo in the league

I don't see him falling out of the top 10. Dallas, Carolina, Atlanta and Miami could all use him.

I'd likely take Darrisaw or Cosmi even though Trent Williams would be starting at left tackle. You can't have too many quality offensive linemen, especially when they need to protect a true franchise quarterback.

(12-23-2020, 04:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lawrence and Pitts would be a dream.  The 2 positions we have needed the longest and 2 future All Pros

It be like our Mahomes and kelce.  We'd be unstoppable.

(12-23-2020, 11:13 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'd likely take Darrisaw or Cosmi even though Trent Williams would be starting at left tackle. You can't have too many quality offensive linemen, especially when they need to protect a true franchise quarterback.

Agreed about Darrisaw. I'm not high on Cosmi at all though. He's too much of a project. I prefer Eichenberg as a LT. With that said, we'll replace Robinson, hopefully with Trent Williams in free agency, but Taylor has been as bad, if not worse than Robinson has been this year. We need a guy to at the very least, push Taylor for the starting RT spot. Adding another OT via the draft is a must. Finding a good RT would be easier than finding a LT. I'd target Mayfield of Michigan, Leatherwood of Alabama, Lucas of Washington State (if he declares) or Van Lanen of Wisconsin. In the later rounds, I may even look at Spencer Brown of Northern Iowa, Josh Ball of Marshall or Drew Himmelman of Illinois State.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 01:35 AM by Sibelius.)

I would love to see us pick up an excellent WR in Free Agency and draft a great lineman to protect TL;, or vice versa., Great QB, great lineman to protect him, and a beefed up WR/TR team. That'd be awesome.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 01:44 AM by surfon.)

Like a kid in a candy shop so many possibilities as long as you already have that prized candy bar secured first!

I would be cool with Friermouth or however u spell his name at te also.

Our line is not nearly as bad as many others in the league. It can be upgraded, but it's not nearly as bad as it has been in recent history.

I think we have to upgrade our secondary desperately, and we need more d linemen. Adding Justin Simmons in FA would be a fantastic priority imo.

If there are quality linemen there in the late 1st and early 2nd, sure, but I don't think we have to force the pick. We should resign Robinson as long as his demands are reasonable.

Normally, my philosophy is to draft the best available player at a premium position of need, but this year, I think since we are in all likelihood drafting a QB with our first pick, we should go all out to give him the protection and the weapons he needs to succeed. So my pick would be heavily weighted towards offensive line, WR, and TE.

I've seen too many highly touted rookie QBs fail because of a lack of pass protection or a lack of weapons to get the ball to.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 07:47 AM by Jag88.)

I love pitts and a huge gator fan but tight ends in the first round is difficult to get excited about. I say cornerback or o-line

(12-24-2020, 07:46 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I love pitts and a huge gator fan but tight ends in the first round is difficult to get excited about. I say cornerback or o-line

Depending on who we get in free agency, it is safe to say OL and CB will be likely targets with our 2nd first round pick.

(12-24-2020, 09:42 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 07:46 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I love pitts and a huge gator fan but tight ends in the first round is difficult to get excited about. I say cornerback or o-line

Depending on who we get in free agency, it is safe to say OL and CB will be likely targets with our 2nd first round pick.

I'm not as worried about CB, as I am the Safety position. I'm hoping Henderson improves in 2021 and we re-sign Sidney Jones. That at least gives us two decent starters. I'd replace both Safeties though. They've been terrible all year. I'd definitely upgrade both positions, but I think I'd select a Safety, before I would a CB.

(12-24-2020, 10:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 09:42 AM)Dimson Wrote: Depending on who we get in free agency, it is safe to say OL and CB will be likely targets with our 2nd first round pick.

I'm not as worried about CB, as I am the Safety position. I'm hoping Henderson improves in 2021 and we re-sign Sidney Jones. That at least gives us two decent starters. I'd replace both Safeties though. They've been terrible all year. I'd definitely upgrade both positions, but I think I'd select a Safety, before I would a CB.

To me it depends on who is available. But if you have to rank them for me it would be OT, CB and then S.

It is so refreshing and surreal to know David Caldwell won't be making these picks.

Robinson is not the answer to protect the blindside. You have to solve that one first in the draft or free agency before moving onto another position after taking QB with the first pick.