Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The pick no one's talking about

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 11:18 AM by Upper.)

(12-24-2020, 10:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not as worried about CB, as I am the Safety position. I'm hoping Henderson improves in 2021 and we re-sign Sidney Jones. That at least gives us two decent starters. I'd replace both Safeties though. They've been terrible all year. I'd definitely upgrade both positions, but I think I'd select a Safety, before I would a CB.

Fwiw, PFF has had Jarrod Wilson graded as a borderline top 5 safety this year. We might just need one safety.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 11:24 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-24-2020, 11:07 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Robinson is not the answer to protect the blindside.  You have to solve that one first in the draft or free agency before moving onto another position after taking QB with the first pick.

Id offer Trent Williams a 3 year 60 mil. with 40 mil guaranteed. Thats almost as much and as much guaranteed as his last big 5 year deal. I think he would take it knowing Trevor and J Rob would be behind him

(12-24-2020, 11:18 AM)Upper Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 10:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not as worried about CB, as I am the Safety position. I'm hoping Henderson improves in 2021 and we re-sign Sidney Jones. That at least gives us two decent starters. I'd replace both Safeties though. They've been terrible all year. I'd definitely upgrade both positions, but I think I'd select a Safety, before I would a CB.

Fwiw, PFF has had Jarrod Wilson graded as a borderline top 5 safety this year. We might just need one safety.

I dont think Wilson is no where near as bad as a few say on this board but he could def. be upgradable.  If a FS is the highest player on your board you take him

Not opposed to upgrading the LT position via FA with a guy like William's available. Instant upgrade with no learning curve while not having to sacrifice a high pick. Maybe draft one to learn under William's.

Wilson is a fairly decent Backup safety.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 01:44 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-23-2020, 06:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 04:25 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: I could see Alex Leatherwood, or possibly even go D with Gregory Rousseau.  I think both would be good options but the Lawrence to Pitts is something to dream about...

If Gregory Rousseau fell that far, I'd be running to the podium to make the pick. He reminds me of a mixture between Jevon Kearse and Myles Garrett.

You would take him over Jaelan Phillips?  Who is probably more of a physical freak and looks like he is finally putting it together, why he was the number 1 recruit coming out of High school

(12-23-2020, 10:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 09:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm hoping Micha Parsons falls.  I think he will be the next great MLB like a Patrick Willis.  He would be our leader on D and him and Jack would be the best LB combo in the league

I don't see him falling out of the top 10. Dallas, Carolina, Atlanta and Miami could all use him.

I dunno, I think a lot of these guys who opted out will fall more than expected. Which is another reason I love Trevor Lawrence , he could if sat out if he wanted and still went number 1 overall but he loves the game so much he didn't

(12-24-2020, 11:07 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Robinson is not the answer to protect the blindside.  You have to solve that one first in the draft or free agency before moving onto another position after taking QB with the first pick.

Agreed, Robinson is mediocre at best.  I also think Taylor should be kicked to guard.  We need 2 tackles or a really good tight end.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-24-2020, 02:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

Agreed, Robinson is mediocre at best.  I also think Taylor should be kicked to guard.  We need 2 tackles or a really good tight end.

Agree that Taylor would make a better guard and that we need 2 tackles. How some of you feel about Robinson moving to guard as well, and letting Norwell go (Saving of $9M on CAP).

With that second 1st round pick I wouldn't mind a OT, CB/S, or TE. I like Alex Leatherwood

With the first 2nd pick I think Pat Freiermuth 6'5 260lbs IMO wouldn't be a reach if Pitts isn't there with the second 1st rounder.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 05:20 PM by High Octane.)

Lets say Jaguars are selecting mid-20's. Kyle Pitts is available at pick 14. Would you guys trade our remaining 1st round pick + the 33rd pick to move up and get Pitts? Lawrence + Chark + JRob + Pitts is a nice little start.

Or select BAP at mid-20 and select another BAP at 33.

I think i would keep the picks. We need too much help.

All I care about is getting Trevor Lawrence in a Jaguars uniform. If we can somehow get Kyle Pitts then it would top the draft where we got Ramsey, Jack, and Yannick.

(12-24-2020, 03:03 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 02:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Agreed, Robinson is mediocre at best.  I also think Taylor should be kicked to guard.  We need 2 tackles or a really good tight end.

Agree that Taylor would make a better guard and that we need 2 tackles. How some of you feel about Robinson moving to guard as well, and letting Norwell go (Saving of $9M on CAP).

With that second 1st round pick I wouldn't mind a OT, CB/S, or TE. I like Alex Leatherwood

With the first 2nd pick I think Pat Freiermuth 6'5 260lbs IMO wouldn't be a reach if Pitts isn't there with the second 1st rounder.

Pitts is going top 10. That's a lock. I think we need to draft Freiermuth with our second pick in round 1. I don't think he makes it to round 2. He's the most complete TE in the draft, blocking and receiving.

(12-24-2020, 08:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 03:03 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Agree that Taylor would make a better guard and that we need 2 tackles. How some of you feel about Robinson moving to guard as well, and letting Norwell go (Saving of $9M on CAP).

Pitts is going top 10. That's a lock. I think we need to draft Freiermuth with our second pick in round 1. I don't think he makes it to round 2. He's the most complete TE in the draft, blocking and receiving.

And then he'll finally be able to help us in 2023 like virtually every other TE draftee. I'm taking OL with the 2nd first rounder almost guaranteed.

(12-24-2020, 09:11 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 08:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Pitts is going top 10. That's a lock. I think we need to draft Freiermuth with our second pick in round 1. I don't think he makes it to round 2. He's the most complete TE in the draft, blocking and receiving.

And then he'll finally be able to help us in 2023 like virtually every other TE draftee. I'm taking OL with the 2nd first rounder almost guaranteed.

Are talking about Pitts?

(12-24-2020, 09:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 09:11 PM)Upper Wrote: And then he'll finally be able to help us in 2023 like virtually every other TE draftee. I'm taking OL with the 2nd first rounder almost guaranteed.

Are talking about Pitts?

I am talking about almost every rookie TE, but that response was about Freiermuth. Pitts could break the mold if he is used as a matchup chess piece and they don't focus on developing him as a real two way TE. But that's going to take a progressive staff that puts uses him in a progressive way. I wouldn't bank on an outlier though.

(12-24-2020, 05:20 PM)High Octane Wrote: Lets say Jaguars are selecting mid-20's. Kyle Pitts is available at pick 14. Would you guys trade our remaining 1st round pick + the 33rd pick to move up and get Pitts?  Lawrence + Chark + JRob + Pitts is a nice little start.

Or select BAP at mid-20 and select another BAP at 33.

I've already outlined what it will take.  Both seconds and hell yeah I'd move up
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(12-24-2020, 10:33 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 09:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Are talking about Pitts?

I am talking about almost every rookie TE, but that response was about Freiermuth. Pitts could break the mold if he is used as a matchup chess piece and they don't focus on developing him as a real two way TE. But that's going to take a progressive staff that puts uses him in a progressive way. I wouldn't bank on an outlier though.
Pitts aint like every other TE.  There is a reason he is the first TE ever to be a Biletnikoff Award finalist.  Pitts isn't a horrible blocker either like Jimmy Graham though and he is a matchup nightmare, rookie or not.  You cant look at what past TEs done because none are the matchup nightmare Pitts is and is why he will go very early in the draft

(12-24-2020, 09:11 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 08:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Pitts is going top 10. That's a lock. I think we need to draft Freiermuth with our second pick in round 1. I don't think he makes it to round 2. He's the most complete TE in the draft, blocking and receiving.

Who? After Darrisaw, there is a huge dropoff at LT, unless we target a RT to overthrow Taylor (which should be pretty easy.) In that case, I target Mayfield. If we waited to our first pick in round 2, I'd go after Eichenberg or Leatherwood and I'd take the best pass rusher with the Rams pick in round 1. There are a ton of directions we could go in and it all depends what we address in free agency.

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2020, 04:00 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(12-24-2020, 10:33 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 09:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Are talking about Pitts?

Pitts is an average blocker and is injury prone. Great hands and fights for the reception, and it would be great to get him, but I wonder how often he'll be an injury scratch in the pros.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2020, 10:51 AM by Upper.)

(12-25-2020, 12:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 10:33 PM)Upper Wrote: I am talking about almost every rookie TE, but that response was about Freiermuth. Pitts could break the mold if he is used as a matchup chess piece and they don't focus on developing him as a real two way TE. But that's going to take a progressive staff that puts uses him in a progressive way. I wouldn't bank on an outlier though.
Pitts aint like every other TE.  There is a reason he is the first TE ever to be a Biletnikoff Award finalist.  Pitts isn't a horrible blocker either like Jimmy Graham though and he is a matchup nightmare, rookie or not.  You cant look at what past TEs done because none are the matchup nightmare Pitts is and is why he will go very early in the draft

Pitts is going to be awesome at some point, no one disagrees with that. However, it's just so damn hard to essentially be brought up to NFL speed as both a WR and an OL, which is what TE basically do. If I were to bet on a TE being an outlier it would be him, but it would still be betting on an outlier happening which is risky.

(12-25-2020, 03:00 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 09:11 PM)Upper Wrote: And then he'll finally be able to help us in 2023 like virtually every other TE draftee. I'm taking OL with the 2nd first rounder almost guaranteed.

Who? After Darrisaw, there is a huge dropoff at LT, unless we target a RT to overthrow Taylor (which should be pretty easy.) In that case, I target Mayfield. If we waited to our first pick in round 2, I'd go after Eichenberg or Leatherwood and I'd take the best pass rusher with the Rams pick in round 1. There are a ton of directions we could go in and it all depends what we address in free agency.

Yes I would rather take Mayfield or Eichenberg in the 20s (or Leatherwood for guard) than trade a lot to move up to get Pitts. Would maybe rather just take Teller too. Hell according to most mocks we could get Lawrence at 1, Eichenberg at say 25, and then Mayfield at 34. Yes please to that.

(12-25-2020, 10:49 AM)Upper Wrote:
(12-25-2020, 12:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Pitts aint like every other TE.  There is a reason he is the first TE ever to be a Biletnikoff Award finalist.  Pitts isn't a horrible blocker either like Jimmy Graham though and he is a matchup nightmare, rookie or not.  You cant look at what past TEs done because none are the matchup nightmare Pitts is and is why he will go very early in the draft

Pitts is going to be awesome at some point, no one disagrees with that. However, it's just so damn hard to essentially be brought up to NFL speed as both a WR and an OL, which is what TE basically do. If I were to bet on a TE being an outlier it would be him, but it would still be betting on an outlier happening which is risky.

(12-25-2020, 03:00 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Who? After Darrisaw, there is a huge dropoff at LT, unless we target a RT to overthrow Taylor (which should be pretty easy.) In that case, I target Mayfield. If we waited to our first pick in round 2, I'd go after Eichenberg or Leatherwood and I'd take the best pass rusher with the Rams pick in round 1. There are a ton of directions we could go in and it all depends what we address in free agency.

Yes I would rather take Mayfield or Eichenberg in the 20s (or Leatherwood for guard) than trade a lot to move up to get Pitts. Would maybe rather just take Teller too. Hell according to most mocks we could get Lawrence at 1, Eichenberg at say 25, and then Mayfield at 34. Yes please to that.

I certainly wouldn't be totally opposed to that, but it may be overkill. I really don't wanna start two rookie OT's. I REALLY wanna get Trent Williams in free agency and add one of those guys in the draft. I'd rather have a really good veteran on one side and a promising, young rookie on the other. I wanna do all we can to protect Lawrence.