Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Explosion in downtown Nashville

Police now believe it was intentional. 

Come on, people. Really?

Explosion rocks downtown Nashville on Christmas Day

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is "intentional act" the new PC way to say "terrorist act"?

(12-25-2020, 11:51 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Is "intentional act" the new PC way to say "terrorist act"?

They don't want to jump the gun and label it that way if it turns out to be a right wing group.

(12-25-2020, 11:51 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Is "intentional act" the new PC way to say "terrorist act"?

I assume they say that because they don't know- it might be someone trying to murder someone specific.

Why Nashville? Without an obvious intended target, what does Nashville represent besides its established notoriety? Strange.

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2020, 01:32 PM by The Drifter.)

According to the article, it was in front of the ATT Building (before the update it said ATT)........ Could have been a disgruntled employee
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(12-25-2020, 01:29 PM)The Drifter Wrote: According to the article, it was in front of the ATT Building (before the update it said ATT)........ Could have been a disgruntled employee

AT&T? It would more likely be a disgruntled customer.

(12-25-2020, 12:03 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:

They don't want to jump the gun and label it that way if it turns out to be a right wing group.

A terrorist act is a terrorist act regardless of who did it.  Republicans would condemn it openly too.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(12-25-2020, 03:07 PM)copycat Wrote:
(12-25-2020, 12:03 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: They don't want to jump the gun and label it that way if it turns out to be a right wing group.

A terrorist act is a terrorist act regardless of who did it.  Republicans would condemn it openly too.

This^^
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Word on the skreet is that the Dominon voting machines and Hunter Biden's laptop were in the RV
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(12-25-2020, 03:07 PM)copycat Wrote:
(12-25-2020, 12:03 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: They don't want to jump the gun and label it that way if it turns out to be a right wing group.

He is staying true to his screenname.

(12-25-2020, 01:00 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I assume they say that because they don't know- it might be someone trying to murder someone specific.

It's not even that.  James Holmes wasn't a terrorist, but he had no idea who he was killing.
Fortunately it sounds like no one was hurt with this bomb. Pray that doesn't change.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Except for the three people they’re reporting that were sent to the hospital...

It's interesting that the RV was rigged with a loud warning device telling people to evacuate. Not a typical terror action.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds, glad nobody is at risk of dying.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1...39782?s=20

Something doesn’t smell right
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(12-25-2020, 05:52 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Something doesn’t smell right

How should something this weird supposed to smell?

I wonder if it was only meant to target police. This is a weird scenario.

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2020, 07:56 PM by homebiscuit.)

(12-25-2020, 07:25 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I wonder if it was only meant to target police. This is a weird scenario.

Not with a warning. 

I’m thinking it was someone who wanted to go out with a spectacular suicide. I bet they’ll uncover a rambling diatribe denouncing the mean ol world that conspired against them once they find out who it was.

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2020, 08:15 PM by mikesez.)

(12-25-2020, 04:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Except for the three people they’re reporting that were sent to the hospital...

And now they're reporting that human tissue was found, possibly someone who was right next to the bomb when it went off.
It's all sketchy.  Let's at least be nice to each other as the details come in.

The target seems to be a big communications hub? A place with a lot of electronics but only a few workers? Are AT&Ts services disrupted there now?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.