Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jaguars are now on the clock!

(01-02-2021, 10:42 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 09:18 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Average at best?

Dude. His accuracy is probably his best trait. Watch some more games before making that statement.

I guess it's possible that the two games I saw just happened to be bad games for him in that regard and that he's dead on in the ones I didn't see. Did you watch last night? It's not that he's bad, it's just that his accuracy was not on the level you'd expect from a generational talent from what I've seen. To many overthrows although that could be related to his mechanics breaking down when he's under pressure.

I don't know what game you watched, but I saw an extremely accurate passer who was getting blasted after almost every throw. All of his passes were hurried, because he had no time to set his feet and 95% of what I saw was either on the money or smart decisions to throw the ball out of bounds. I only saw 2 passes that he threw which I would consider "bad decisions" and in both cases he had pressure directly in his face. He made a couple throws into very tight coverage, which we as Jaguars fans, haven't seen from our team's QB's in at least 5 years. 

I don't care about the game last night. All I care about is that Trevor made it out without getting hurt. That was my big fear all during the game. He took some very hard hits.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-02-2021, 11:48 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 10:42 AM)hb1148 Wrote: I guess it's possible that the two games I saw just happened to be bad games for him in that regard and that he's dead on in the ones I didn't see. Did you watch last night? It's not that he's bad, it's just that his accuracy was not on the level you'd expect from a generational talent from what I've seen. To many overthrows although that could be related to his mechanics breaking down when he's under pressure.

I don't know what game you watched, but I saw an extremely accurate passer who was getting blasted after almost every throw. All of his passes were hurried, because he had no time to set his feet and 95% of what I saw was either on the money or smart decisions to throw the ball out of bounds. I only saw 2 passes that he threw which I would consider "bad decisions" and in both cases he had pressure directly in his face. He made a couple throws into very tight coverage, which we as Jaguars fans, haven't seen from our team's QB's in at least 5 years. 

I don't care about the game last night. All I care about is that Trevor made it out without getting hurt. That was my big fear all during the game. He took some very hard hits.

You see what you want to see I guess. His receivers definitely help him out. He'll likely end up being pretty good in the long term but he's not close perfect and if you think his high point right now is accuracy, you must be looking at his final completion percentages and not the actual consistency of the passes during the games. He came on later but his performance against Ohio State in the first half can best be described as shaky.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-02-2021, 12:44 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 11:48 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't know what game you watched, but I saw an extremely accurate passer who was getting blasted after almost every throw. All of his passes were hurried, because he had no time to set his feet and 95% of what I saw was either on the money or smart decisions to throw the ball out of bounds. I only saw 2 passes that he threw which I would consider "bad decisions" and in both cases he had pressure directly in his face. He made a couple throws into very tight coverage, which we as Jaguars fans, haven't seen from our team's QB's in at least 5 years. 

You see what you want to see I guess. His receivers definitely help him out. He'll likely end up being pretty good in the long term but he's not close perfect and if you think his high point right now is accuracy, you must be looking at his final completion percentages and not the actual consistency of the passes during the games. He came on later but his performance against Ohio State in the first half can best be described as shaky.
How about you go watch more games and then try and make a proper assessment.

(01-02-2021, 01:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 12:44 PM)hb1148 Wrote: You see what you want to see I guess. His receivers definitely help him out. He'll likely end up being pretty good in the long term but he's not close perfect and if you think his high point right now is accuracy, you must be looking at his final completion percentages and not the actual consistency of the passes during the games. He came on later but his performance against Ohio State in the first half can best be described as shaky.
How about you go watch more games and then try and make a proper assessment.

So you're saying I just happened to be watching the only two games he's had where he was a little bit off in the accuracy department? Ok, that's possible I guess. I'll see if I can dig up a few more somewhere. It's remarkable that you guys watched all of the Clemson games the last few years and aren't just commenting based on highlights you've seen on youtube. That took some incredible foresight, lol.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2021, 01:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-02-2021, 11:39 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 07:39 AM)hb1148 Wrote: If Lawrence doesn't declare, I'd feel good about Fields. They're both going to be good pros. Not sure Lawrence is really the generational talent people keep talking about but he's going to be a really good player.

Wilson is without a doubt, my #2 and it's not even close. Mac Jones is my clear #3 and Trask and Fields are neck and neck at #4 followed by Shane Buechele, Jamie Newman and Sam Ehlinger. Last night didn't really change anything for me. Fields was playing with a clean pocket all night and his receivers were running free. Ohio State completely dominated on both sides of the line and Clemson's DB's looked liked they were running with cement shoes on. Anyone can shine when they have all day to throw to elite WR's. 

I had Chris Olave going in the early part of round 2, but now I believe he could go in the bottom part of round 1. He gets better and better as the year goes along.

(01-02-2021, 09:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I dont think Fields is a huge upgrade from Darnold and would actually feel sorry for Jet fans if they picked him. He is a slightly above average pro QB who will produce some exciting plays and get some wins, but his ceiling isnt Jackson or Murray. I see him more as a David Garrard on steroids.

I think if you focus on some of the throws TL made last night with the amount of time his line was giving him, you will walk away more impressed and hopeful.

Most mocks I'm seeing now, have the Jets going with Zach Wilson.

Olave va Surtain will be fun to watch

(01-02-2021, 01:44 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 01:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: How about you go watch more games and then try and make a proper assessment.

So you're saying I just happened to be watching the only two games he's had where he was a little bit off in the accuracy department? Ok, that's possible I guess. I'll see if I can dig up a few more somewhere. It's remarkable that you guys watched all of the Clemson games the last few years and aren't just commenting based on highlights you've seen on youtube. That took some incredible foresight, lol.
Once the Jets beat the Rams, I started watching condensed games on YouTube. I haven’t watch every game (I’m sure some people on here have) but he’s the real deal.

Now is he perfect? Absolutely not and I don’t think anyone is claiming he is. However, he doesn’t have many flaws when it comes to QB evaluation. His ball placement may be his best attribute so claiming he has average accuracy may be a bit short sighted. I mean he completed 69% last night. However you wanna spin it, 69% isn’t “average at best”.

He’s got everything you’re looking for in a franchise QB. He’s only lost 2 games in his career and I think people are actually bored with how great he is. It’s like Lebron. Lebron gets nitpicked for the tiniest things because it’s boring just saying how great he is constantly.

To me, I do think Fields has a very high ceilings but also a very low floor. Lawrence has a high floor with also having a very high ceiling, that is the difference imo

(01-02-2021, 01:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 01:44 PM)hb1148 Wrote: So you're saying I just happened to be watching the only two games he's had where he was a little bit off in the accuracy department? Ok, that's possible I guess. I'll see if I can dig up a few more somewhere. It's remarkable that you guys watched all of the Clemson games the last few years and aren't just commenting based on highlights you've seen on youtube. That took some incredible foresight, lol.
Once the Jets beat the Rams, I started watching condensed games on YouTube. I haven’t watch every game (I’m sure some people on here have) but he’s the real deal.

Now is he perfect? Absolutely not and I don’t think anyone is claiming he is. However, he doesn’t have many flaws when it comes to QB evaluation. His ball placement may be his best attribute so claiming he has average accuracy may be a bit short sighted. I mean he completed 69% last night. However you wanna spin it, 69% isn’t “average at best”.

He’s got everything you’re looking for in a franchise QB. He’s only lost 2 games in his career and I think people are actually bored with how great he is. It’s like Lebron. Lebron gets nitpicked for the tiniest things because it’s boring just saying how great he is constantly.

We can agree he's going to be pretty good at the very least. I try not to get wrapped up in completion percentage as a measurement of accuracy. A ball can be poorly placed and still be caught. From what I've see, TL had worse ball placement more frequently than say someone like Trask even though TL will most likely develop into a better pro.

(01-02-2021, 01:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: To me, I do think Fields has a very high ceilings but also a very low floor.  Lawrence has a high floor with also having a very high ceiling, that is the difference imo

Exactly. And some fail to realize just how bad the Clemson defense was last night. Any current NFL backup would have put up numbers like that

(01-02-2021, 03:15 PM)BamboozledAgain Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 01:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: To me, I do think Fields has a very high ceilings but also a very low floor.  Lawrence has a high floor with also having a very high ceiling, that is the difference imo

Exactly. And some fail to realize just how bad the Clemson defense was last night. Any current NFL backup would have put up numbers like that

Agreed.

(01-02-2021, 07:34 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 11:08 PM)captivating Wrote: So has Fields just moved up to No. 1

After watching him play through pain last night, I'd definately say that Fields has definately moved up on my list. I'm not saying that he's better than Lawrence, but what I am saying is that I'd be happy w/either QB prospect. Fields played Lights Out last night. Win or lose, if he does the same within his next game, sign me up.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

1 game influences your decision like that?  odd
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2021, 07:13 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(01-02-2021, 08:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 07:39 AM)hb1148 Wrote: If Lawrence doesn't declare, I'd feel good about Fields. They're both going to be good pros. Not sure Lawrence is really the generational talent people keep talking about but he's going to be a really good player.

I kind of feel the same way after last night.  I still prefer Lawrence, no doubt at all, but after last night I have less worry about him deciding to stay in school.  I'd be fine with Fields.   I'm sure Jets fans are feeling a lot better, too.

You jokers are hilarious.

I watched that game last night.    Lawerence stood 0 chance with the Line protection he was given most of the night.   You could put Joe Montana and Pat Mahomes in his prime combined in that situation and they still lose.  Clemon's LT was getting beat like a drum.  In the 4th quarter Lawerence had a defender in his face in about 2 seconds constantly.

It was one game.  You should never ever judge a player on one game.  That's like judging minshew on his week 1 performance this year.

Lawerence lost only 2 games his whole college career.  Mahomes threw 57mph when tested with his throwing arm.  Lawrence threw 62mph.   Lawrence has a cannon and pin point accuracy.  Field is not on the same level as lawerence.

(01-02-2021, 07:12 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 08:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I kind of feel the same way after last night.  I still prefer Lawrence, no doubt at all, but after last night I have less worry about him deciding to stay in school.  I'd be fine with Fields.   I'm sure Jets fans are feeling a lot better, too.

You jokers are hilarious.

I watched that game last night.    Lawerence stood 0 chance with the Line protection he was given most of the night.   You could put Joe Montana and Pat Mahomes in his prime combined in that situation and they still lose.  Clemon's LT was getting beat like a drum.  In the 4th quarter Lawerence had a defender in his face in about 2 seconds constantly.

It was one game.  You should never ever judge a player on one game.  That's like judging minshew on his week 1 performance this year.

Lawerence lost only 2 games his whole college career.  Mahomes threw 57mph when tested with his throwing arm.  Lawrence threw 62mph.   Lawrence has a cannon and pin point accuracy.  Field is not on the same level as lawerence.

If you think Lawrence is flawless and there is zero risk in taking him then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe go back to your video game? Is there a ton of upside? Absolutely, that's why he's gotta be the odds on favorite to go number one, but don't try to say he's flawless and Fields has no upside. That's just asinine.

(01-02-2021, 07:18 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 07:12 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: You jokers are hilarious.

If you think Lawrence is flawless and there is zero risk in taking him then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe go back to your video game? Is there a ton of upside? Absolutely, that's why he's gotta be the odds on favorite to go number one, but don't try to say he's flawless and Fields has no upside. That's just asinine.

You put words in my mouth.  I never said anyone was flawless or nobody has updside.  I know by Jaguar history that nothing is a sure thing.  Lawerence is as close to a sure thing as there is in the draft. IF he fails there can be no blame with us taking him. What I said is Lawerence is a big leap over Fields.  If we pick Fields, it's a bad pick period.  I see Jameis Winston with Fields!

(01-02-2021, 07:18 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 07:12 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: You jokers are hilarious.

Nobody is saying Lawrence is flawless. Perfection doesn't exist. We're saying Lawrence is head and shoulders above Fields. Fields has not shown consistency this year. He has very high highs and very low lows, despite having superior talent around him. He is surrounded by several first and second day picks, just on offense alone, yet he has been consistently inconsistent. Lawrence may not have the gaudy stats that Fields has put up in his best games, but even in his worst games, Lawrence hasn't been bad. He lost a ton of key players to the NFL draft a long the O-Line and especially at WR, yet he still led his team to the playoffs. Amari Rodgers was his go-to receiver this season despite being 5'10" and being expected to run somewhere in the 4.55-4.6/40 range. Clemson just didn't have an elite team this year, but Lawrence was still an elite passer. There is risk in anything. When you look at Lawrence vs. Fields, throughout the season though, it isn't even close. Trevor is by far, the safer choice.

(01-02-2021, 07:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 07:34 AM)NH3 Wrote: After watching him play through pain last night, I'd definately say that Fields has definately moved up on my list. I'm not saying that he's better than Lawrence, but what I am saying is that I'd be happy w/either QB prospect. Fields played Lights Out last night. Win or lose, if he does the same within his next game, sign me up.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

1 game influences your decision like that?  odd
Not Hardly. I'm from Ohio and keep up w/Ohio State meaning that I've kept up w/Fields as well. Also why is it that Fields is judged on one game but Lawrence is judged off the play of the past three years? 

I may be biast but I've always preferred Fields over Lawrence even though I'm almost sure that we'll select Lawrence over Fields. You literally cannot go wrong w/either prospect as per My Opinion. I can't wait for the 2021 NFL draft to see whom we draft, especially within the first three rounds.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(01-03-2021, 08:31 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 07:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: 1 game influences your decision like that?  odd
Not Hardly. I'm from Ohio and keep up w/Ohio State meaning that I've kept up w/Fields as well. Also why is it that Fields is judged on one game but Lawrence is judged off the play of the past three years? 

I may be biast but I've always preferred Fields over Lawrence even though I'm almost sure that we'll select Lawrence over Fields. You literally cannot go wrong w/either prospect as per My Opinion. I can't wait for the 2021 NFL draft to see whom we draft, especially within the first three rounds.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I don’t think they’re close in talent at all remotely but you’re entitled to your opinion.

I just believe Fields only having 22 college starts is a huge red flag.

(01-02-2021, 12:44 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 11:48 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't know what game you watched, but I saw an extremely accurate passer who was getting blasted after almost every throw. All of his passes were hurried, because he had no time to set his feet and 95% of what I saw was either on the money or smart decisions to throw the ball out of bounds. I only saw 2 passes that he threw which I would consider "bad decisions" and in both cases he had pressure directly in his face. He made a couple throws into very tight coverage, which we as Jaguars fans, haven't seen from our team's QB's in at least 5 years. 

I'm incredibly glad that you are not making decisions for this football team.

(01-03-2021, 10:19 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 12:44 PM)hb1148 Wrote: You see what you want to see I guess. His receivers definitely help him out. He'll likely end up being pretty good in the long term but he's not close perfect and if you think his high point right now is accuracy, you must be looking at his final completion percentages and not the actual consistency of the passes during the games. He came on later but his performance against Ohio State in the first half can best be described as shaky.

I'm incredibly glad that you are not making decisions for this football team.

Why's that? I'd pick Lawrence. You want somebody else?