Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dwayne Haskins released.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 01:54 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

https://www.nfl.com/news/washington-foot...ne-haskins

Per NFL.com

The Football Team has released 2019 1st round pick QB Dwayne Haskins. I was personally shocked to see this. I understand that the kid has been pretty raw, and clearly was going to be a project. I didn’t, however expect him to be cut loose this early on. Between the Josh Rosen experiment and this, it seems teams are becoming a lot more willing to cut a guy loose if he isn’t quickly producing.

What are y’all’s thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 02:03 PM by The Real Marty.)

With the strip club incident last week, and his failure at QB the following Sunday, I guess they were just fed up with him and decided he wasn't worth the trouble.  

I think I would have done the same.  The guy is a team captain, they're in the middle of a playoff run, he knows he has to play the following Sunday, and he goes to a strip club and violates all the Covid-19 protocols, and what the hell is he doing in a strip club when he ought to be watching film and getting ready to play, anyway?  Then he goes out there Sunday and stinks it up on the field.  

No, I wouldn't want him around the team after that.  He's a lost cause anyway.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...e-haskins/

"The move comes after the latest lousy performance in a string of them from Haskins, who was once viewed as Washington’s future franchise quarterback but quickly proved himself not to be up to the task, either on the field or off.

Washington coach Ron Rivera wasn’t involved in drafting Haskins and was clearly never sold on him, and this year Haskins was demoted to third string..."

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 02:01 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

He just isn't good is what it boils down to. If he was even half way good they would of put up with some of it.

(12-28-2020, 01:53 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/washington-foot...ne-haskins

Per NFL.com

The Football Team has released 2019 1st round pick QB Dwayne Haskins. I was personally shocked to see this. I understand that the kid has been pretty raw, and clearly was going to be a project. I didn’t, however expect him to be cut loose this early on. Between the Josh Rosen experiment and this, it seems teams are becoming a lot more willing to cut a guy loose if he isn’t quickly producing.

Some of this may be related to the pics which emerged of him at a party with no social distancing or mask protocols observed. Washington considered cutting him immediately but decided to strip him of his captainship and fine him. Perhaps something else arose which provoked them to make the cut.

I whiffed on Haskins big time.

Didn’t see the off the field stuff coming at all.

He got flagged for being an idiot.

(12-28-2020, 02:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 01:53 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/washington-foot...ne-haskins

Per NFL.com

Some of this may be related to the pics which emerged of him at a party with no social distancing or mask protocols observed. Washington considered cutting him immediately but decided to strip him of his captainship and fine him. Perhaps something else arose which provoked them to make the cut.

Yeah, something else.  He sucks as a QB.

(12-28-2020, 02:07 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 02:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Some of this may be related to the pics which emerged of him at a party with no social distancing or mask protocols observed. Washington considered cutting him immediately but decided to strip him of his captainship and fine him. Perhaps something else arose which provoked them to make the cut.

And that...

(12-28-2020, 02:07 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 02:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Some of this may be related to the pics which emerged of him at a party with no social distancing or mask protocols observed. Washington considered cutting him immediately but decided to strip him of his captainship and fine him. Perhaps something else arose which provoked them to make the cut.

This, he just isnt good.  If he was even decent they would put up with some things.  He just isn't a good QB and is the 3rd best QB on their roster so why even put up with it and waste a roster spot.  He was never good but I did think he would make a decent backup QB in the league, i was wrong

(12-28-2020, 02:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Per NFL.com

They knew he sucks but needed a QB. Either something was said after the game or they had already made up their mind to cut him.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Didnt Urban start this guy over Burrow?

Per NFL.com

I don't think it's been reported one way or the other, but after hearing his comments after yesterday's game, I almost wonder if he requested the release.

He sounds like he is over it all and personally, I think he needs time away from the game to decompress. He was completely defeated in his interview.

I hope he eventually lands somewhere that he can get back to playing and have some success, but it may be that the constant pressure and chaos of the NFL is just not fit for him.

Never saw this off the field Jamarcus Russell type problems coming. He’s a talented passer, and the reason he was drafted 1st round... but damn.... looks like nobody went to his birthday party.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. I never thought he was going to be any good to begin with

Thought he'd be good.

Not looking like it'll work out that way. He'd have to have one helluva turnaround with whichever team picks him up.
Doubtful.

(12-28-2020, 02:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 02:07 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Yeah, something else.  He sucks as a QB.

This, he just isnt good.  If he was even decent they would put up with some things.  He just isn't a good QB and is the 3rd best QB on their roster so why even put up with it and waste a roster spot.  He was never good but I did think he would make a decent backup QB in the league, i was wrong
Considering they turned to Taylor Heinicke, a kid out of ODU....who DIDNT suck. I think they’ve had all they wanted out of Haskins.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 04:27 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Kind of funny how so many posters on here thought how good of a QB he was and some even wanted him at pick 7. Went to the Wash team message boards and almost all hated the pick and knew he would be a bust lol.

"FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State - The Stadium - Extremeskins" https://es.redskins.com/topic/430394-far...hio-state/

Was curious how our board felt about him vs their board, was night and day difference and they were right. A number of them called it saying he would be a bust

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 04:40 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Not surprising. This kid is too immature for the NFL. He doesn't want to put in the work. I would've cut him right after the photos came out of him maskless, in the strip club, partying after a bad loss. If that is the kid's mindset, he'll never be a winner.

(12-28-2020, 02:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I whiffed on Haskins big time.

Same. The personal stuff are the things we as fans, aren't privy to. Immaturity and laziness can take down anyone, no matter how talented they are. You gotta put in the work and you gotta want to win and be a real leader. Haskins had none of those intangibles.

(12-28-2020, 04:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not surprising. This kid is too immature for the NFL. He doesn't want to put in the work. I would've cut him right after the photos came out of him maskless, in the strip club, partying after a bad loss. If that is the kid's mindset, he'll never be a winner.

(12-28-2020, 02:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I whiffed on Haskins big time.

Same. The personal stuff are the things we as fans, aren't privy to. Immaturity and laziness can take down anyone, no matter how talented they are. You gotta put in the work and you gotta want to win and be a real leader. Haskins had none of those intangibles.

Or..... he just isn't very good

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1...36480?s=19

(12-28-2020, 04:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 04:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not surprising. This kid is too immature for the NFL. He doesn't want to put in the work. I would've cut him right after the photos came out of him maskless, in the strip club, partying after a bad loss. If that is the kid's mindset, he'll never be a winner.

Or..... he just isn't very good

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1...36480?s=19

little from column A a lil from column B lol