Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rams sign Blake Bortles

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2020, 08:18 PM by enigma.)

After cutting Dee Virgin to make room for the BOAT.

Looks like Jalen can't escape him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How much you wanna bet he starts Sunday??

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2020, 10:20 PM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

(12-29-2020, 09:47 PM)NCJag Wrote: How much you wanna bet he starts Sunday??

I'd say pretty decent. Isn't the backup to Goff the guy who hasn't thrown an NFL pass yet?

Edit, oh, I read that as what are the chances, hence my answer not fitting. I wouldn't bet, but I'm not a betting man anyway.

Bortles is better than Goff. Prove me wrong.

(12-29-2020, 10:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Bortles is better than Goff. Prove me wrong.

Is he better than Brady also like Winston?

(12-29-2020, 10:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 10:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Bortles is better than Goff. Prove me wrong.

Is he better than Brady also like Winston?

Bortles would produce the same number of wins for the Bucs this year as Brady did. Agree or disagree?

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2020, 11:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-29-2020, 10:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 10:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Is he better than Brady also like Winston?

Bortles would produce the same number of wins for the Bucs this year as Brady did. Agree or disagree?

Lol, not close.  There is a reason he hasn't been on a team and there is a reason Winston is a 3rd string QB.  They both suck while the GOAT, at 43 is still one of the best in the league and taking the Bucs to their first playoff appearance in 13 years

Oh, and he just had the best half of his career at 43 in his last game

(12-29-2020, 10:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Is he better than Brady also like Winston?

Are you being serious ?

Wouldn't surprise me to see him start. He was in their system last year. He does have playoff experience and they obviously need to win. We'll see, it'll be interesting to see the decision. Hopefully it's on out here.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I don't see Bortles starting this week. I think it'll be Wofford.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2020, 10:22 AM by Mikey.)

(12-29-2020, 09:47 PM)NCJag Wrote: How much you wanna bet he starts Sunday??

He was the backup there last year, so he's likely familiar with the system. At the very least, if the guy from ODU faceplants early, they have someone to step in and hopefully help out. Losing Kupp ain't gonna help their chances either.

Just a shame that the 2 seeds aren't getting a bye week this year, otherwise the Pack would likely phone it in against the Burrs. I don't see how the Pack doesn't pants them this game, though, so we'll be getting a pick around 20 once the Rams limp into the postseason.

Muchly disagree.

Guys go to bat for Touchdown Tommy, regardless of whether his arm is fading/faded or not. Blake breeds doubt in everyone, and they'd be quick to lose hope or get in his face after a poor series. They might make .500, but their games would probably be a LOT closer than some have been.

The good thing about the Rams Bears game is it is in Chicago. Rams are definitely the favorite but I think they have a better chance at home rather then going to GB

What? What? What?

No.

Hahaha no.

Hahahahahaha no.

Didn't realize that Wolford was from Bishop Kenney.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

They won 7 games last year with Winston and finished in the same position within division as they did this year with Brady. The roster is LOADED with talent and would have a winning record with any QB who didn't throw 30 interceptions.

Look, I'm not saying Brady isn't good. I am just saying the Bucaneers were already loaded with talent before he arrived and I think they could be a +.500 team with a guy like Bortles at the helm.

Looking at career numbers: They are almost the same QB, minus wins/losses....but how much of that is that Rams Defense keeping them in games?

COMP   ATT     PCT   YARDS   AVG    TD   INT    RATING    ATT  YARD  AVG  TD SCK  SCKYD   FMB  FMBL
1,536   2,421   63.4  18,171    7.5      107  55       91.5       163  314      1.9   10  129   948      42      19

1,561   2632    59.3   17,646    6.7       103  75        80.6        281  1775     6.3   8     195   1158     46      13 

First player is Goff. Second is Bortles.  Goff has had a four and half year run as a starter, Bortles had a five year run. Goff is a better passer, Bortles is a better runner. Goff has also turned it over 38x the past 2 seasons. That's Bortlesesque. (BOAT turned it over 39x between 2015-2016).  

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Man... If Bortles starts for the Rams, I may have to root for them.

He is the anti-Ramsey. Great person without enough talent.

Bortles is much better than Glennon, i will say that

Bottles could have been a broke mans Roethlisberger.

(12-30-2020, 03:40 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Bottles could have been a broke mans Roethlisberger.

That is what we thought we were drafting. He was tough and durable if we are giving credit where it is due.