Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do you like Toney at 21 ?

I saw a board with Toney at 21 with a Pitts going 11 to Carolina. Chark Shenault Toney Johnson Cole and Robinson in the backfield.

Thoughts on Toney from Florida ?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No, and im a Florida fan. I love Toney but he doesnt have enough speed

Toney in the 3rd round and later is fine with me.

(12-29-2020, 09:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No, and im a Florida fan.  I love Toney but he doesnt have enough speed

I don’t like any receivers in round 1. Maybe if Chase or Smith fall into the 20s, which won’t happen. Otherwise need offensive tackle or defensive line.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I’m a Florida fan and wouldn’t take him before the 5th. Not fast enough.

We don't need receivers. If we re-sign Cole, we have a very good, young corps of receivers that Lawrence should love throwing to. Toney is more of a 3rd round receiver anyway.

Toney really impressed me this year. He went from a backfield threat and occasional gadget play to a full fledged WR with far more toughness and power than you would expect in someone that small. That said, hell no at 21.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2020, 02:39 AM by surfon.)

Toney late second sign me up. Dude is dynamic. He will juke anyone out of their best shoes guaranteed.

That said we need some oline before him.

Cb or oline

Let’s hope Chark isn’t a 1 year wonder. Shenault should blossom in year 2 and we get Oliver back.

What do we target at 21? I want a Safety sooooo bad. However if Pitts is sitting there then I’m pouncing.

(12-30-2020, 05:27 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Let’s hope Chark isn’t a 1 year wonder. Shenault should blossom in year 2 and we get Oliver back.

What do we target at 21? I want a Safety sooooo bad. However if Pitts is sitting there then I’m pouncing.

Give our WR's a decent QB to throw to them and then we can judge how good they are. I think they will be just fine. 

We gotta go LT or D-Line with the #21. Robinson is not good (neither is Taylor) and he is an UFA. Let him walk and draft a more dependable LT to protect Lawrence's blindside.

Well of course it depends on whom we sign in free agency. I like the idea of getting more weapons for TL.

We could have drafted justin Jefferson. We'd be set. Instead we drafted chaisson who be looking like just another guy.

(12-30-2020, 07:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 05:27 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Let’s hope Chark isn’t a 1 year wonder. Shenault should blossom in year 2 and we get Oliver back.

Give our WR's a decent QB to throw to them and then we can judge how good they are. I think they will be just fine. 

We gotta go LT or D-Line with the #21. Robinson is not good (neither is Taylor) and he is an UFA. Let him walk and draft a more dependable LT to protect Lawrence's blindside.

Robinson is an average LT.  For years, we have let average players walk, and they wind up starting for teams that are a lot better than we are.  I'm kind of tired of that.  We suck.  We need to keep the average players.  I don't want to unnecessarily create another hole on the team where we have to roll the dice and hope we got someone better.

No. WR is the last of our needs,
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-30-2020, 08:42 AM)RicoTx Wrote: No.  WR is the last of our needs,
I agree unless Chase or Smith falls like Lamb last year.

(12-30-2020, 09:02 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 08:42 AM)RicoTx Wrote: No.  WR is the last of our needs,
I agree unless Chase or Smith falls like Lamb last year.

Possibly Waddle as well and is almost ready to play

I havent seen a bunch of Florida this year but the few times I have, whenever I'd see Toney, I'd think to myself he is a guy that believes he is Tyreek Hill or even a Percy Harvin but isn't. I've seen him try to juke out a player but couldnt or try to reverse course thinking he can outrun the defense but cant and loses yardage. I don't think his raw athletic ability is as elite as he thinks.

However saying all that, I just pulled up the dudes stats and he has nearly 1000 yards receiving and 10 TDs. So clearly he has been doing something right this year. Maybe I need to watch more. Or maybe he is better when he quits trying to make the hero play and instead just takes what the defense gives him. From what I've seen I wouldnt consider him a first or second day pick. 4th round or later, but again perhaps I need to watch more.

I actually think our WR core isn't half bad. Chark would be much better would a guy who could throw it down the field. Cole showed some life again this year. Collin Johnson looks like he has some game. Shenault obviously can be a weapon. All we really lack is elite deep speed.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2020, 10:31 AM by Mikey.)

(12-30-2020, 08:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 07:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Give our WR's a decent QB to throw to them and then we can judge how good they are. I think they will be just fine. 

Robinson is an average LT.  For years, we have let average players walk, and they wind up starting for teams that are a lot better than we are.  I'm kind of tired of that.  We suck.  We need to keep the average players.  I don't want to unnecessarily create another hole on the team where we have to roll the dice and hope we got someone better.

I think the concern here is more if you keep him, does that prevent you from signing someone better? I agree that if we cannot bring in an FA tackle that is better than him, sure, make an offer to keep him as the stopgap/depth, but I am still looking to improve the position.

He's not a premium tackle, but he's not a bum, either. I kind of think he'd be better at RT, which would allow Taylor to move inside, and that may be win-win-win if we get a stalwart LT either in the darft or FA.

(12-30-2020, 09:41 AM)rfc17 Wrote: I havent seen a bunch of Florida this year but the few times I have, whenever I'd see Toney, I'd think to myself he is a guy that believes he is Tyreek Hill or even a Percy Harvin but isn't.  I've seen him try to juke out a player but couldnt or try to reverse course thinking he can outrun the defense but cant and loses yardage.  I don't think his raw athletic ability is as elite as he thinks.

However saying all that, I just pulled up the dudes stats and he has nearly 1000 yards receiving and 10 TDs.  So clearly he has been doing something right this year.  Maybe I need to watch more.  Or maybe he is better when he quits trying to make the hero play and instead just takes what the defense gives him.  From what I've seen I wouldnt consider him a first or second day pick.  4th round or later, but again perhaps I need to watch more.

I actually think our WR core isn't half bad.  Chark would be much better would a guy who could throw it down the field.  Cole showed some life again this year.  Collin Johnson looks like he has some game.  Shenault obviously can be a weapon.  All we really lack is elite deep speed.

Like you, I haven't watched much of UF, but how much of his success is due to D paying attention to Pitts instead? Is he legitimately beating guys, or are they just distracted by the bigger receiving threat?

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2020, 12:17 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-30-2020, 09:41 AM)rfc17 Wrote: I havent seen a bunch of Florida this year but the few times I have, whenever I'd see Toney, I'd think to myself he is a guy that believes he is Tyreek Hill or even a Percy Harvin but isn't.  I've seen him try to juke out a player but couldnt or try to reverse course thinking he can outrun the defense but cant and loses yardage.  I don't think his raw athletic ability is as elite as he thinks.

However saying all that, I just pulled up the dudes stats and he has nearly 1000 yards receiving and 10 TDs.  So clearly he has been doing something right this year.  Maybe I need to watch more.  Or maybe he is better when he quits trying to make the hero play and instead just takes what the defense gives him.  From what I've seen I wouldnt consider him a first or second day pick.  4th round or later, but again perhaps I need to watch more.

I actually think our WR core isn't half bad.  Chark would be much better would a guy who could throw it down the field.  Cole showed some life again this year.  Collin Johnson looks like he has some game.  Shenault obviously can be a weapon.  All we really lack is elite deep speed.

Toney is is very good and is a just as quick and is a Harvin or Hill type, he just doesn't have the top end speed.  Harvin and Hill run a 4.2 or 4.3, Toney will probably run a 4 5.