Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags 7th round draft

Would love this draft, I might go a little different in the 2nd but i love the 1sts and the Moehrig and Perkins picks as well.  All in all a great draft

"Jaguars get Trevor Lawrence help in 7-round mock draft" https://withthefirstpick-com.cdn.ampproj...-slater%2F

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2020, 10:07 AM by Cleatwood.)

Lawrence, Pitts and Slater? That’ll do.

Haven't done much digging into the draft yet this year, but at first glance this seems A++++... And also very unlikely.

(12-31-2020, 10:10 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Haven't done much digging into the draft yet this year, but at first glance this seems A++++... And also very unlikely.
For whatever reason, I have a feeling Pitts or Devonta Smith will be there with our 2nd 1st rounder.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2020, 10:21 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-31-2020, 10:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would love this draft, I might go a little different in the 2nd but i love the 1sts and the Moehrig and Perkins picks as well.  All in all a great draft

"Jaguars get Trevor Lawrence help in 7-round mock draft" https://withthefirstpick-com.cdn.ampproj...-slater%2F

Not a very good or realistic draft. I see no way Pitts falls all the way to #21. I think that pick will be used on a DT or LT. 

I would be shocked if Rashawn Slater fell to round 2 and he's too short to be a LT. He could be a pro bowl OG though. 

Campbell is ok, but I'd rather draft a pass rushing interior lineman here. 

Seems a little early for Moehrig imo. I just looked over the early entry list for Safeties and this draft is ridiculously deep. I'd go DE here or CB. There will be really good Safeties that can be had later. 

I really like the Perkins selection, but I don't see him falling out of day 2 of the draft. Premium pass rushers go early. 

Elijah Moore? Why would we draft a WR this early or even at all? We have a really good nucleus of young receivers. This is a wasted pick imo. I'd look at TE.

Two Safeties? I just don't see that happening. I'd rather go OT here to compete with Taylor. We gotta protect Lawrence. 

I love the Patterson selection. He and Robinson would be a great 1-2 punch. 

Another WR? This is just ignorant! We need interior O-Line depth. 

Smith probably won't declare and he's extremely overrated. I'd have to see what's left on the board.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2020, 10:37 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-31-2020, 10:18 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 10:10 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Haven't done much digging into the draft yet this year, but at first glance this seems A++++... And also very unlikely.
For whatever reason, I have a feeling Pitts or Devonta Smith will be there with our 2nd 1st rounder.

Agree, WR is the least of our needs imo but if Smith is there take him.  I think he is Alabama best WR since Julio and I was very high on Cooper.  Smith has much better hands than Cooper.  If Waddle falls he should come into consideration too.  Waddle was Alabama's number 1 WR before he got hurt.  Both are better than Jeudy and Ridley imo

You think Smith slides because of his lack of size? 

I seriously doubt Pitts slides that far. In fact if he falls out of the top ten I think some team somewhere is trading up for him.

I know wideout isn't a need of ours really but if a supreme talent is there at 21, a guy like Chase, Smith, or Waddle, or Pitts even. I think you have to take them.
And if we don't re sign Cole, well WR actually becomes a little bit more important based on the youth and unknown of Viska and Johnson. And the future of the position is in even more doubt if we don't extend Chark right away.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2020, 10:47 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-31-2020, 10:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 10:18 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: For whatever reason, I have a feeling Pitts or Devonta Smith will be there with our 2nd 1st rounder.

Agree, WR is the least of our needs imo but if Smith is there take him.  I think he is Alabama best WR since Julio and I was very high on Cooper.  Smith has much better hands than Cooper.  If Waddle falls he should come into consideration too.  Waddle was Alabama's number 1 WR before he got hurt.  Both are better than Jeudy and Ridley imo

If Smith doesn't go top 10, I'll be shocked. This is one of the best WR classes I have seen in a while and Chase and Smith are the 2 top guys. I have Chase going to Miami at #3 and Smith going to Philadelphia at #6. I have Waddle going to Indy at #18. He would've gone earlier, had it not been for the injury. He still could though. 

I have Pitts to the Chargers at #12. I still believe they will let Henry walk and take Pitts as a weapon for Herbert and then take an OT like Mayfield in round 2.

(12-31-2020, 10:39 AM)Kane Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 10:18 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: For whatever reason, I have a feeling Pitts or Devonta Smith will be there with our 2nd 1st rounder.

You think Smith slides because of his lack of size? 

I seriously doubt Pitts slides that far. In fact if he falls out of the top ten I think some team somewhere is trading up for him.

I know wideout isn't a need of ours really but if a supreme talent is there at 21, a guy like Chase, Smith, or Waddle, or Pitts even. I think you have to take them.
And if we don't re sign Cole, well WR actually becomes a little bit more important based on the youth and unknown of Viska and Johnson. And the future of the position is in even more doubt if we don't extend Chark right away.

We gotta extend Chark. I also re-sign Cole and I really like what I've seen from Shenault and Johnson. I just roll with these guys. Lawrence will make them look even better in 2021.

(12-31-2020, 10:45 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 10:39 AM)Kane Wrote: You think Smith slides because of his lack of size? 

We gotta extend Chark. I also re-sign Cole and I really like what I've seen from Shenault and Johnson. I just roll with these guys. Lawrence will make them look even better in 2021.

I agree.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2020, 02:10 PM by Upper.)

Smith at 21 wouldn't shock me. He is tiny and he is going to test relatively bad for his size IMO, plus Chase and Waddle should go before him and the WR3 at 21 sounds plausible. Pitts at 21 is a pipe dream, I get why everyone here wants him to fall so badly but it just ain't happening it would be better if we could collectively move on from considering him on the Jags.

(12-31-2020, 02:09 PM)Upper Wrote:

Smith at 21 wouldn't shock me. He is tiny and he is going to test relatively bad for his size IMO, plus Chase and Waddle should go before him and the WR3 at 21 sounds plausible. Pitts at 21 is a pipe dream, I get why everyone here wants him to fall so badly but it just ain't happening it would be better if we could collectively move on from considering him on the Jags.

He's 6'1" and he can add weight to his frame. That's not a big deal. He's a really good route runner and has excellent hands. I just don't see him falling. Testing bad or not, his on the field play speaks for itself. That alone makes him a top 10 pick in my book.

(12-31-2020, 02:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 02:09 PM)Upper Wrote: Smith at 21 wouldn't shock me. He is tiny and he is going to test relatively bad for his size IMO, plus Chase and Waddle should go before him and the WR3 at 21 sounds plausible. Pitts at 21 is a pipe dream, I get why everyone here wants him to fall so badly but it just ain't happening it would be better if we could collectively move on from considering him on the Jags.

He's 6'1" and he can add weight to his frame. That's not a big deal. He's a really good route runner and has excellent hands. I just don't see him falling. Testing bad or not, his on the field play speaks for itself. That alone makes him a top 10 pick in my book.

His play on the field does speak for itself. Unfortunately for him so does Chase's and Waddle's. Then you move to the rest of the package and I think those two are going to edge Smith out. Unless you're saying you expect 3 WRs to go top 10.

I think Smith will be like Diggs. I dont see Waddle going because of his height not to mention the injury. What 5'10 WR went top 10?

(12-31-2020, 02:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Smith will be like Diggs.  I dont see Waddle going because of his height not to mention the injury.  What 5'10 WR went top 10?

When was the last time a 170lbs WR went top 10? If you don't think Waddle could go top 10 because of his height, Smith surely wouldn't go top 10 because of his tiny size.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2021, 10:29 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-31-2020, 08:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 02:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Smith will be like Diggs.  I dont see Waddle going because of his height not to mention the injury.  What 5'10 WR went top 10?

When was the last time a 170lbs WR went top 10? If you don't think Waddle could go top 10 because of his height, Smith surely wouldn't go top 10 because of his tiny size.

I think he will weigh more than 170 at the combine and he is 6'1", not tiny just skinny like a Randy Moss who was taller.  If you look closely i also mentioned his injury along with his height.  A player can always put on weight, but how are you going to add a guy on some inches?  You might think he goes top 10 but I dont!

(01-01-2021, 10:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 08:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: When was the last time a 170lbs WR went top 10? If you don't think Waddle could go top 10 because of his height, Smith surely wouldn't go top 10 because of his tiny size.

I think he will weigh more than 170 at the combine and he is 6'1", not tiny just skinny like a Randy Moss who was taller.  If you look closely i also mentioned his injury along with his height.  A player can always put on weight, but how are you going to add a guy on some inches?  You might think he goes top 10 but I dont!

He's listed at 6'1 175 and we all know how correct listed numbers are... They aren't. Dude looks like a stick out there. Maybe he adds a bunch of water weight for the combine, but I doubt he maintains it. It takes time to put on good mass/weight and isn't just going to happen over night.

(01-01-2021, 06:06 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 10:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think he will weigh more than 170 at the combine and he is 6'1", not tiny just skinny like a Randy Moss who was taller.  If you look closely i also mentioned his injury along with his height.  A player can always put on weight, but how are you going to add a guy on some inches?  You might think he goes top 10 but I dont!

He's listed at 6'1 175 and we all know how correct listed numbers are... They aren't. Dude looks like a stick out there. Maybe he adds a bunch of water weight for the combine, but I doubt he maintains it. It takes time to put on good mass/weight and isn't just going to happen over night.

I dont give a [BLEEP] what he is listed at, I just told you I think he will be over 170.  Then you start talking apples to oranges about ones height vs weight.  Not to mention one is better, didn't just tear and ACL, and about to win a Heisman.  One can add some weight but you think one is going to do something to do something to add some inches lol.  I would say you can't be that dense but you always have lol!  Its possible he could go in the top 10 but i dont think he does, obviously you do, we shall see.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2021, 11:28 PM by Eric1.)

(01-01-2021, 10:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 06:06 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He's listed at 6'1 175 and we all know how correct listed numbers are... They aren't. Dude looks like a stick out there. Maybe he adds a bunch of water weight for the combine, but I doubt he maintains it. It takes time to put on good mass/weight and isn't just going to happen over night.

I dont give a [BLEEP] what he is listed at, I just told you I think he will be over 170.  Then you start talking apples to oranges about ones height vs weight.  Not to mention one is better, didn't just tear and ACL, and about to win a Heisman.  One can add some weight but you think one is going to do something to do something to add some inches lol.  I would say you can't be that dense but you always have lol!  Its possible he could go in the top 10 but i dont think he does, obviously you do, we shall see.

And that's exactly it, what you think has proven to be wrong far more often than not. The majority of your takes are god awful. The irony is incredible.

I'd also like for you to show me where I said if either of them would, or wouldn't go top 10, because it never happened. That's just you assuming [BLEEP]. Also, I said that he's going to do something to add inches? The [BLEEP] are you talking about... Don't put words into my mouth.

Height sure didn't hurt guys like Tyreek Hill, Steve Smith, Julian Edelman etc etc etc.. There's a lot more to playing WR than being 6'3. You'll find far more guys that had success in the league at 5'10, than guys that were 170 pounds.

They are both really good at the end of the day and if you can play, you can play. The tape shows they can play and that's what matters. That's the entire point, but that seems to hard for you to comprehend. You using him being 5'10 as a reason why he couldn't be picked in the top 10 is flat out stupid.

(01-01-2021, 11:22 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 10:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont give a [BLEEP] what he is listed at, I just told you I think he will be over 170.  Then you start talking apples to oranges about ones height vs weight.  Not to mention one is better, didn't just tear and ACL, and about to win a Heisman.  One can add some weight but you think one is going to do something to do something to add some inches lol.  I would say you can't be that dense but you always have lol!  Its possible he could go in the top 10 but i dont think he does, obviously you do, we shall see.

And that's exactly it, what you think has proven to be wrong far more often than not. The majority of your takes are god awful. The irony is incredible.

I'd also like for you to show me where I said if either of them would go top 10, because it never happened. That's just you assuming [BLEEP]. Also, I said that he's going to do something to add inches? The [BLEEP] are you talking about... Don't put words into my mouth.

Height sure didn't hurt guys like Tyreek Hill, Steve Smith, Julian Edelman etc etc etc.. There's a lot more to playing WR than being 6'3. You'll find far more guys that had success in the league at 5'10, than guys that were 170 pounds.

They are both really good at the end of the day and if you can play, you can play. The tape shows they can play and that's what matters. That's the entire point, but that seems to hard for you to comprehend. You using him being 5'10 as a reason why he couldn't be picked in the top 10 is flat out stupid.
There is much more to it than if you can play and i think Waddle is a damn good WR.  That said,  If it was just about how good you can play in college then there would be no such thing as a combine lol, some things you will never understand but its ok.  I dont think Waddle goes top 10 and you obviously do or you wouldn't of commented on it, we shall see.  Another thing, with your selective reading and not keeping up with college is Waddle is coming off a ACL tear, something you had no clue about

(01-01-2021, 11:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 11:22 PM)Eric1 Wrote: And that's exactly it, what you think has proven to be wrong far more often than not. The majority of your takes are god awful. The irony is incredible.

I'd also like for you to show me where I said if either of them would go top 10, because it never happened. That's just you assuming [BLEEP]. Also, I said that he's going to do something to add inches? The [BLEEP] are you talking about... Don't put words into my mouth.

There is much more to it than if you can play and i think Waddle is a damn good WR.  That said,  If it was just about how good you can play in college then there would be no such thing as a combine lol, some things you will never understand but its ok.  I dont think Waddle goes top 10 and you obviously do or you wouldn't of commented on it, we shall see.  Another thing, with your selective reading and not keeping up with college is Waddle is coming off a ACL tear, something you had no clue about

You don't know your [BLEEP] from your mouth considering that amount of crap you spew from both.

His injury wasn't an ACL injury... It was an ankle sprain and fracture... Talk about not having a clue dumb [BLEEP]. He's also running again already.. But maybe you'd know that if you could keep up.