Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Trevor goes back to Clemson...?

Who would you guys want to take instead? I’m 
Actually kind of worried he might after the beating tonight by OSU

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He might or he might not. Could go either way. I'm not convinced he'll automatically choose to play in college another year. There's no money in it. It's a big risk, and then what if he doesn't win it next year?

Ryan Day has alien eye sockets
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

https://twitter.com/gmraynor/status/1345...54240?s=21

Doesn’t sound like it to me.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Manning went back for his Senior year, my question was
Who should we take if he does? After tonight their might
Be more incentive to go back

Manning went back because he didn't want to play for the Jets. I think Trevor actually wants to play here.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

He has a Fiance.. looking past college and at future family security.. He's not staying, but if he did I'd trade down.

(01-02-2021, 12:47 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: It's a big risk, and then what if he doesn't win it next year?

This. I’m not even a giant CFB fan, and I know that Alabama, Georgia (especially if Daniels comes back) and Ohio State are all likely to be better than Clemson next year. Those of you who follow recruiting etc. closer than I do could probably name a team or two more. He has a better chance of winning a division championship with the Jaguars next year than he does of winning another national championship if he goes back to Clemson.

You don’t turn down #1 overall money and security. One ACL tear or even worse, a Teddy Bridgewater type injury and he cost himself millions of dollars. Also, JAX is an ideal situation for him. Chark, Shenault, James Robinson, and a ton of money and picks. Not to mention a fairly tame local media who won’t put insurmountable pressure on him. Our division is pretty competitive but no one team is the clear alpha for years to come. He’ll get a new coach that likely will get at least 3 years of leash, ensuring he won’t have to learn 5 different playbooks/systems in his first 5 years. There’s just nowhere to go but down if he goes back because at the end of the day it’s a business and this is his livelihood/career he needs to be thinking about, not a vanity championship in the NCAA

He's declaring. As he said in an interview when asked about returning his senior year, "I just don't want to close any doors yet." Meaning, he needs time to plan and prepare.

He'll be a multi-millionaire in a few months. He's proven his chops in CFB and is ready to move on into life's arena. Having graduated already, there's nothing left for him in college and he has not expressed any particulars about who he plays for in the NFL.

His Girlfriend has made a post on Social Media basically saying goodbye to Clemson.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2021, 08:00 PM by Eric1.)

(01-02-2021, 04:55 PM)BristolianJaguar Wrote: His Girlfriend has made a post on Social Media basically saying goodbye to Clemson.

Here is what she said for anybody interested....

Quote:

• marissamowry210

It has been such an honor to watch you these past three years. I’m so proud of the man you have become and the player you are. You never cease to amaze me. It has been so fun cheering you on. The amount of joy + memories this sport and school have brought us will always outweigh any of the hardships. Your low’s will never outshine your highs. You have so much to be proud of.. so much to cherish forever.. so much to look forward to. I’m here for it all— cheering you on every step of the way

THANK YOU so much Clemson family for these amazing years and the love + support. This place will be missed! Here’s to the many more ups and downs and figuring it all out together

She wants him to move on. She wants that NFL money. Cha-ching!

Clemson already has TL's replacement. He loves the beach and hes from Cartersville, GA. Oh yeah, there is no state income taxes in FL. Thats saves huge $s. NY and NYC income taxes are insane.

Welcome to Jacksonville, Trevor.

There's no way that Trevor stays at Clemson.. Too many risks involved.. He's a Jag..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Luck went back to college and so did Manning. I said it before the college playoffs that I hope Clemson wins it all so he would go out in top and declare for the draft.

Since he got drummed then he might go back for another year.

(01-04-2021, 12:51 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Luck went back to college and so did Manning. I said it before the college playoffs that I hope Clemson wins it all so he would go out in top and declare for the draft.

If you go by what his coach and fiance are saying, he isn't going back.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

He's not going back to school. He just didn't want that to overshadow the team, so he didn't address it.

(01-04-2021, 12:51 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Luck went back to college and so did Manning. I said it before the college playoffs that I hope Clemson wins it all so he would go out in top and declare for the draft.

Peyton and Luck returned because they couldn't win a NCAA title and thought maybe they could with another chance. Luck also only played for 3 years as he redshirted his first year. Lawrence has already won a title.