Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leonard Williams

Jaguars need to make big offer to Leonard Williams. He has had a great year and destroyed the Cowboys today.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I know this name is being thrown around a lot along with Justin Simmons and I agree about trying to sign both players, but can someone explain to me why the Giants or Broncos would let said players walk into Free Agency?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(01-03-2021, 09:04 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I know this name is being thrown around a lot along with Justin Simmons and I agree about trying to sign both players, but can someone explain to me why the Giants or Broncos would let said players walk into Free Agency?

Because they don’t have the cap space we have and aren’t really close to contending I guess? It’s by no means a given but I would think that’s the rationale

If I was the GM in 2015 then Leonard Williams would've signed his second contract with us already instead of us paying through the nose in free agency to get him. Instead the actual GM took another bust of a Gata headcase who we didn't even want to keep for his whole rookie deal. Shameful.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-05-2021, 12:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If I was the GM in 2015 then Leonard Williams would've signed his second contract with us already instead of us paying through the nose in free agency to get him. Instead the actual GM took another bust of a Gata headcase who we didn't even want to keep for his whole rookie deal. Shameful.

Though I agree with you completely, I wanted Williams also, it’s not like he balled at the Jets or has played like a #3 pick which you’re suggesting.

(01-05-2021, 02:09 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 12:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If I was the GM in 2015 then Leonard Williams would've signed his second contract with us already instead of us paying through the nose in free agency to get him. Instead the actual GM took another bust of a Gata headcase who we didn't even want to keep for his whole rookie deal. Shameful.

Though I agree with you completely, I wanted Williams also, it’s not like he balled at the Jets or has played like a #3 pick which you’re suggesting.

Imagine the 2016 and 2017 defenses with Williams instead of Fowler. I'm suggesting that taking him at #3 instead of Fowlup was a no-brainer that our GM corncobbed.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-05-2021, 03:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 02:09 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Though I agree with you completely, I wanted Williams also, it’s not like he balled at the Jets or has played like a #3 pick which you’re suggesting.

Imagine the 2016 and 2017 defenses with Williams instead of Fowler. I'm suggesting that taking him at #3 instead of Fowlup was a no-brainer that our GM corncobbed.

Brandon Scherff and Amari Cooper were the 2 players I was most interested in, didn't even know who Fowler was tbh.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 08:22 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

A dream FA would be to sign Leonard Williams and Trent Williams

(01-05-2021, 03:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 02:09 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Though I agree with you completely, I wanted Williams also, it’s not like he balled at the Jets or has played like a #3 pick which you’re suggesting.

Williams hasn't been all that great, which is why the Jets didn't keep him.  This was his best season be a good margin

In 17 Fowler had 8 sacks and Williams had 2. Fowler was also good against the run

(01-06-2021, 08:01 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 03:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Imagine the 2016 and 2017 defenses with Williams instead of Fowler. I'm suggesting that taking him at #3 instead of Fowlup was a no-brainer that our GM corncobbed.

Brandon Scherff and Amari Cooper were the 2 players I was most interested in, didn't even know who Fowler was tbh.
The 2 i wanted as well

(01-06-2021, 08:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A dream FA would be to sign Leonard Williams and Trent Williams

(01-05-2021, 03:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Imagine the 2016 and 2017 defenses with Williams instead of Fowler. I'm suggesting that taking him at #3 instead of Fowlup was a no-brainer that our GM corncobbed.

Williams hasn't been all that great, which is why the Jets didn't keep him.  This was his best season be a good margin

In 17 Fowler had 8 sacks and Williams had 2.  Fowler was also good against the run

I was going to say this, also with 3 FR and a touchdown. Fowler not being a starter and having that level of productivity was part of the reason we was so good, the rotation.

I wanted Williams in the draft.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23