Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony B a HOF once finalist again

Hopefully he gets in this year

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They have to get him in this year. He was the best of his era.

(01-05-2021, 08:42 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: They have to get him in this year. He was the best of his era.

One achille's heel, he played for the Jaguars.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-06-2021, 12:25 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 08:42 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: They have to get him in this year. He was the best of his era.

Unfortunately all these years out of the win column are hurting Tony's chances. They use the feels here lately and not football sense.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-06-2021, 12:25 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

More like an achilles shoulder.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Despite the short playing career, Boselli was the best OT I ever saw play and that is not me being a "homer". I've seen Walter Jones, Orlando Pace, Jonathan Ogden and Anthony Munoz all play over my lifetime. None of these guys were better than Tony, yet they are all in the HOF.

I have a bad feeling that Bosseli will not get in this year.

At least 3, if not all 4 of the first-year eligible players -- quarterback Peyton Manning, wide receiver Calvin Johnson, safety Charles Woodson and defensive end Jared Allen, will probably get in this year.

That leaves only 1 or 2 spots for Boselli to beat out all the other repeat finalists. I mean he will definitely get in eventually, I just think it will be really tough this year.

(01-06-2021, 03:21 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: I have a bad feeling that Bosseli will not get in this year.

At least 3, if not all 4 of the first-year eligible players -- quarterback Peyton Manning, wide receiver Calvin Johnson, safety Charles Woodson and defensive end Jared Allen, will probably get in this year.

That leaves only 1 or 2 spots for Boselli to beat out all the other repeat finalists. I mean he will definitely get in eventually, I just think it will be really tough this year.

I dont think Jared Allen is a first ballot HOF

I’ve heard other players and pundits comment on Boselli and they all say the same thing; he just doesn’t have the body of work to support an entry. No one denies his abilities, he simply didn’t play long enough.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 08:08 AM by Talented Kalamari.)

Here we go again. Of course I want TB in.. even though he was before my time, I know the history of this team and how dominant and pivotal he was to our success in our franchise’s golden years.
However, I’m not sure it will happen. I agree with homebiscuit. I think he just didn’t play quite long enough. 2-3 more years in the league and I’d like to think he’d be in

(01-06-2021, 08:07 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Here we go again. Of course I want TB in.. even though he was before my time, I know the history of this team and how dominant  and pivotal he was to our success in our franchise’s golden years.
However, I’m not sure it will happen. I agree with homebiscuit. I think he just didn’t play quite long enough. 2-3 more years in the league and I’d like to think he’d be in

They blew that whole thing up with Terrell Davis getting in for his projected career.  That is what I mean by it being a feelings vote instead of a football vote.  Maybe he gets in someday as the veterans committee thing.  Us being a poorly run and unsuccessful franchise isn't helping his case either.

Guy was the best hands down and was a monster.  The longevity thing is a made up Offensive lineman criteria.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Wasn't he on the all decade team in the 90s? If you are one of the two best tackles in a decade, you should basically be a lock.

Boselli is not getting in. This class is stacked.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-06-2021, 11:00 AM)Dimson Wrote: Boselli is not getting in. This class is stacked.

I think Manning, Woodson, Calvin Johnson are 1st ballot locks. If Jason Taylor waited I can see Jared Allen waiting too.

If Tony doesn't get in, root for Alen Faneca to be enshrined, that would clear the log jam and in theory means that there's no other Olineman more deserving.

Fred Taylor not making it to the finalist round is real disappointing.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(01-06-2021, 11:48 AM)Firesky Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:00 AM)Dimson Wrote: Boselli is not getting in. This class is stacked.

I think Manning, Woodson, Calvin Johnson are 1st ballot locks. If Jason Taylor waited I can see Jared Allen waiting too.

If Tony doesn't get in, root for Alen Faneca to be enshrined, that would clear the log jam and in theory means that there's no other Olineman more deserving.

Fred Taylor not making it to the finalist round is real disappointing.

agree on the locks. The rest of the field is too close to call. I think the frontrunners will be Faneca, Seymour, Allen, Boselli.

if Tony gets in, I am predicting that we are one of the teams to play in the HOF game. And I'll be there, assuming they let fans in for ceremony/game.

Tony will get the shaft again. His best bet was to sneak in during a "weaker" class. I don't think he will ever get in unfortunately.

(01-06-2021, 06:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 03:21 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: I have a bad feeling that Bosseli will not get in this year.

I dont think Jared Allen is a first ballot HOF

I do not think he is either, but you never know with these HOF voters/decision makers.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 06:29 PM by Bullseye.)

Rooting for you Big Bo!

(01-06-2021, 01:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Tony will get the shaft again. His best bet was to sneak in during a "weaker" class. I don't think he will ever get in unfortunately.

I share your fear on this matter, unfortunately.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I’ve been avoiding this thread. I became a fan in ‘99 when I moved down here. Only really watched him 3 years. If it’s deserved, give it to him. But I know a guy that bought his old truck (lifted v10 f250). Sweet truck. But apparently the sale left a bad taste in my friends mouth. I’ve heard he’s an [BLEEP] by numerous people. So for all that, I really don’t give a [BLEEP]. I know we want our team’s players to be recognized. If he gets in, great, good for him and the organization. But I personally don’t care. I’ll now accept whatever bashing I receive.

Just to speak of how talented Tony Boselli was,

Bruce Smith is the all time Sacks leader in the NFL. I watched Tony Boselli flat out dominate him in the playoffs. Tony was One or one and was just manhandling Brue Smith one on one. Johnathan Ogden and Ornlado Pace were the big names at Tackle in those days. TONY Boselli would be in the hall of fame already if he did what he did in Dallas.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]