Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My perfect first round

I am hoping we get TLaw QB and find a way to get Pat Surtain CB. 2nd round I hope we get a Safety. But I wouldn’t mind trading back up into the 1st round and getting a 3rd pick on day 1.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That’s not a bad first round but I think CB is quite deep and you can get quality later or at our 2nd pick in the 2nd round or even later (slightly). Obvs free agency is going to change the way we go in the draft. If we can get an LT, CB and S in free agency. I think you will see us go, QB (Obviously), DT, TE, OT, S.

If there is a huge gap between a defensive player and the next best offensive player on the board, then go with BAP of course.

Personally, my ideal draft is "Make Lawrence look good." That means targeting pieces that can make our offense a force. If trades need to happen to make need meet value, then make those trades. Get a real weapon at TE. Get an infusion of talented youth on the offensive line. Go get a talented speedy RB to spell/ compliment Robinson. WR looks great on paper, but why not make it dominant by adding a falling prospect at the top of round 2?

The defense can suffer for another year or be supplemented in FA. Players will want to come in to Jacksonville if a franchise QB is on the way. We also invested a lot of capital on the defense last year, which may yield fruit this coming year.

My perfect first round is Lawrence and the best available player with the other first round pick. We have so many needs, as long as we get the BAP, I'll be fine with that.

1.1 T Lawrence
1.21 trade up for Kyle Pitts

Trade 1.21 and 4.122 w/ AZ for #16 for our TE.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(01-06-2021, 10:28 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: 1.1 T Lawrence

I would love this also.

High valued FA are gonna wanna come play with Mr. Lawrence. 

We’ve all waited so long for this moment. Great to be a Jag right now.

(01-06-2021, 10:28 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: 1.1 T Lawrence

There's a real possibility that Pitts might be taken before Arizona's 16th pick.

If he's available though, I would certainly be happy to move up to snag him and only give up a 4th round pick.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 11:53 PM by Upper.)

If we're trading up I still hope it's for Darrisaw. As much as I love Pitts protecting Lawrence and getting a proven TE like Henry/Jonnu/Everett in FA would be far better IMO.

Lawrence and Darrisaw would be my perfect first round.

(01-06-2021, 03:01 PM)rufftime Wrote: If there is a huge gap between a defensive player and the next best offensive player on the board, then go with BAP of course.

Personally, my ideal draft is "Make Lawrence look good."  That means targeting pieces that can make our offense a force.  If trades need to happen to make need meet value, then make those trades.  Get a real weapon at TE.  Get an infusion of talented youth on the offensive line.  Go get a talented speedy RB to spell/ compliment Robinson.  WR looks great on paper, but why not make it dominant by adding a falling prospect at the top of round 2?  

The defense can suffer for another year or be supplemented in FA.  Players will want to come in to Jacksonville if a franchise QB is on the way.  We also invested a lot of capital on the defense last year, which may yield fruit this coming year.

I agree with you.  I think Trevor Lawrence is so valuable that we should do everything we can to ensure his success.  If that means ignoring the defense for a year, so be it.  Of course, I mean that only if an offensive player and a defensive player are similarly rated.

(01-06-2021, 11:50 PM)Upper Wrote: If we're trading up I still hope it's for Darrisaw. As much as I love Pitts protecting Lawrence and getting a proven TE like Henry/Jonnu/Everett in FA would be far better IMO.

I'm in agreement with you. Darrisaw appears to be significantly better than the next tackle (Cosmi, Eichenberg, etc). Trent Williams is a free agent who possibly will be available, but at a very high cost. He is also too old to give a huge guaranteed contract, despite having a very good 2020 season. Pitts is definitely a great prospect, but is he that much better than Freirmuth- who should be available with their pick from the Rams and possibly even at the top of round 2? Jonnu Smith is another option who should not cost a fortune. 

As much as I'd want to get Darrisaw, I don't think they should part with anymore than a 3rd round pick. Some of the best all-time Jaguars were drafted in the 2nd round (lead by Jones-Drew and Tony Brackens) and they have too many needs to part with such a high pick.

(01-07-2021, 12:00 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:50 PM)Upper Wrote: If we're trading up I still hope it's for Darrisaw. As much as I love Pitts protecting Lawrence and getting a proven TE like Henry/Jonnu/Everett in FA would be far better IMO.

I'm in agreement with you. Darrisaw appears to be significantly better than the next tackle (Cosmi, Eichenberg, etc). Trent Williams is a free agent who possibly will be available, but at a very high cost. He is also too old to give a huge guaranteed contract, despite having a very good 2020 season. Pitts is definitely a great prospect, but is he that much better than Freirmuth- who should be available with their pick from the Rams and possibly even at the top of round 2? Jonnu Smith is another option who should not cost a fortune. 

As much as I'd want to get Darrisaw, I don't think they should part with anymore than a 3rd round pick. Some of the best all-time Jaguars were drafted in the 2nd round (lead by Jones-Drew and Tony Brackens) and they have too many needs to part with such a high pick.
Even if we can’t get Trent Williams id rather get a vet to protect TL instead of relying on a rookie.  We really need to get one of the vet LTs in FA imo

Trent Williams is the only FA LT I would want over Darrisaw.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-07-2021, 01:32 PM)Upper Wrote: Trent Williams is the only FA LT I would want over Darrisaw.

I'd take Okung or Villanueva, 2 who are getting a little older but are still 2 good LTs in this league.  Id feel much better with either than risking a rookie LT to block for our future.

Not to mention if you signed one of the vets you could go pure BPA and not have to reach for a LT

Hard to know how things will play out so far away but I'd love to see a pass rusher or an offensive tackle with a first round grade still on the board. Thats what I'd want most with our second pick.

Hoping we follow the Lawrence pick with a worthy 3-tech DT, OT, or DB.

No clue what value may be there at those positions yet, but fingers crossed it plays out that way.

(01-07-2021, 03:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:32 PM)Upper Wrote: Trent Williams is the only FA LT I would want over Darrisaw.

I'd take Okung or Villanueva, 2 who are getting a little older but are still 2 good LTs in this league.  Id feel much better with either than risking a rookie LT to block for our future.

Not to mention if you signed one of the vets you could go pure BPA and not have to reach for a LT

Okung is still good I'd be ok with him on a 2-3 year deal. Villanueva is average at best and in decline I would just keep Cam over him.

I know we're jaded because the OTs we have picked since Joeckel have simply sucked period, but it's not uncommon for rookie LTs to be good. There's no reason to think someone who projects to be as good as Darrisaw couldn't come in and immediately play at a higher level than we have seen since peak Eugene Monroe. We could have a Wirfs, Becton, Wills situation pretty easily if we draft the right guy.

(01-07-2021, 08:52 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 03:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd take Okung or Villanueva, 2 who are getting a little older but are still 2 good LTs in this league.  Id feel much better with either than risking a rookie LT to block for our future.

Okung is still good I'd be ok with him on a 2-3 year deal. Villanueva is average at best and in decline I would just keep Cam over him.

I know we're jaded because the OTs we have picked since Joeckel have simply sucked period, but it's not uncommon for rookie LTs to be good. There's no reason to think someone who projects to be as good as Darrisaw couldn't come in and immediately play at a higher level than we have seen since peak Eugene Monroe. We could have a Wirfs, Becton, Wills situation pretty easily if we draft the right guy.

If we offer Okung Bitcoin we can probably get him at a discount.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-07-2021, 08:52 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 03:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd take Okung or Villanueva, 2 who are getting a little older but are still 2 good LTs in this league.  Id feel much better with either than risking a rookie LT to block for our future.

Says the guy who always values pass blocking over run blocking lol.  Villanueva is a much better pass blocker than Cam and is still a good LT in this league. I guess if you want the better run blocker you would go with Cam as he is one of the better run blocking LTs.  I dont see Darrisaw as good as Becton or Wills, and Wirfs is a RT, i dont want to draft a RT as I would give Taylor 1 more year with a new coaching staff unless we signed a veteran to give him competition.

Yeah sorry but you can't say you don't trust a rookie LT to protect Lawrence while also saying you would give godawful Taylor another year. Those two threads of logic are diametrically opposed.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 10:11 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-07-2021, 09:55 PM)Upper Wrote: Yeah sorry but you can't say you don't trust a rookie LT to protect Lawrence while also saying you would give godawful Taylor another year. Those two threads of logic are diametrically opposed.

Id rather bring in a vet for both tackle spots

Sign in Taylor Moton