Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congress Shut down......

(01-17-2021, 07:09 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 02:05 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: That Trump has failed at fascism doesn't mean his intent isn't toward it. Firstly, he's incompetent and lazy. Secondy, he's unprincipled. Thirdly, he's hampered by our system of checks and balances. But make no mistake, he'll play a set of grievances he feels his hillbilly fan base will relate to. He cares not for them or their issues, but he will play their hero. It's like if a moron tries fascism. Wait, it's not remotely like that it, it's exactly that.

This is a terrible argument. Trump never made any fascist claims. The left just called him a fascist. Using your logic, conservatives can call Biden a Pedo, then when you point out they don't have any evidence for it, they can just say he's bad at being a pedo. That's how this works? 

I can't remember if it was posted on this board or not, but I believe a Vox piece asked scholars of fascism whether or not Trump was a fascist and almost all of them said no. Don't get me wrong, they made sure to say he was a terrible person. It's just that when people actually had to look at the facts, the accusation didn't hold up. You can believe what you want. It doesn't make your argument intelligent, though.

But he uses big words and historicalisms!!!!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-17-2021, 09:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 07:09 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: This is a terrible argument. Trump never made any fascist claims. The left just called him a fascist. Using your logic, conservatives can call Biden a Pedo, then when you point out they don't have any evidence for it, they can just say he's bad at being a pedo. That's how this works? 

I can't remember if it was posted on this board or not, but I believe a Vox piece asked scholars of fascism whether or not Trump was a fascist and almost all of them said no. Don't get me wrong, they made sure to say he was a terrible person. It's just that when people actually had to look at the facts, the accusation didn't hold up. You can believe what you want. It doesn't make your argument intelligent, though.

Silence! You hillbilly paradoxical transcendentalist.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2021, 04:24 AM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

(01-17-2021, 07:09 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 02:05 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: That Trump has failed at fascism doesn't mean his intent isn't toward it. Firstly, he's incompetent and lazy. Secondy, he's unprincipled. Thirdly, he's hampered by our system of checks and balances. But make no mistake, he'll play a set of grievances he feels his hillbilly fan base will relate to. He cares not for them or their issues, but he will play their hero. It's like if a moron tries fascism. Wait, it's not remotely like that it, it's exactly that.

This is a terrible argument. Trump never made any fascist claims. The left just called him a fascist. Using your logic, conservatives can call Biden a Pedo, then when you point out they don't have any evidence for it, they can just say he's bad at being a pedo. That's how this works? 

I'm not sure why you deny he fancies himself a tin pot dictator.  He labels press that disagrees with the enemy of the people. He even suggested at one point, that they should dealt with by force of government. He constantly denied reality in this last election in an attempt to reinstall himself as the dear leader again. But yeah, not fascist. 

I don't understand you guy's fealty to this sociopathic monster. He doesn't care about you or your ideology. He would take a giant crap in you and your family's mouth if it meant something better for him. Maybe he's a means to an end for you guys?

Not that any of you fan boys will read this, but yeah. Good points brought up in this one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/f...story.html

(01-17-2021, 09:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 07:09 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: This is a terrible argument. Trump never made any fascist claims. The left just called him a fascist. Using your logic, conservatives can call Biden a Pedo, then when you point out they don't have any evidence for it, they can just say he's bad at being a pedo. That's how this works? 

The thing that cracks me up the most about Trumpism is this disdain for intellectualism.  This mockery seems like evidence of exactly that, no?

(01-19-2021, 05:48 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 09:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: But he uses big words and historicalisms!!!!

The thing that cracks me up the most about Trumpism is this disdain for intellectualism.  This mockery seems like evidence of exactly that, no?

No, no, no...I'm mocking you, not an intellectual.

And yes, like all politicians Trump is nothing but a means to an end.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-19-2021, 04:58 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Not that any of you fan boys will read this, but yeah. Good points brought up in this one.

Nice link, it's practically the case study in axe-grinding fake news. With sources like that it's no wonder you know so much that isn't so.

(01-19-2021, 04:58 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Not that any of you fan boys will read this, but yeah. Good points brought up in this one.

I think that article is a bit over the top.  I don't think Trump is clever enough to be a real fascist.

Even Marty isn't with you on this one. Time to take a pause for the cause for a couple days. You sound insane.

Yeah, I could pick that article apart, but I don't really feel like wasting my time. You should try being critical of your sources. Just because something affirms your confirmation bias, doesn't make it true.

Trump has done nothing fascistic. Almost all of the left's attacks on him exist in fantasy land. They don't extend him an ounce of humanity, so they miss his humor and embrace his hyperbole. I personally feel like he's uneducated about the way our political system works (as are most people who don't come through it), so he asks for things he shouldn't. That's the risk you take when you elect an outsider. However, he hasn't actually done anything fascistic. You can say the system is protecting him, but it's not the system. We'll see plenty of rules broken during Biden's administration. Just gotta get 'em through those pesky courts. If the Dems pack the courts, you can kiss those protective measures goodbye.

(01-19-2021, 08:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Even Marty isn't with you on this one. Time to take a pause for the cause for a couple days. You sound insane.

I don't think Marty is the measuring stick for lefties, he seems to truly be a moderate. Mikesez, if he were still here, would be the one who would serve as a good measure.

(01-19-2021, 09:17 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Yeah, I could pick that article apart, but I don't really feel like wasting my time. You should try being critical of your sources. Just because something affirms your confirmation bias, doesn't make it true.

Trump has done nothing fascistic. Almost all of the left's attacks on him exist in fantasy land. They don't extend him an ounce of humanity, so they miss his humor and embrace his hyperbole. I personally feel like he's uneducated about the way our political system works (as are most people who don't come through it), so he asks for things he shouldn't. That's the risk you take when you elect an outsider. However, he hasn't actually done anything fascistic. You can say the system is protecting him, but it's not the system. We'll see plenty of rules broken during Biden's administration. Just gotta get 'em through those pesky courts. If the Dems pack the courts, you can kiss those protective measures goodbye.

When was the last time a fascistic dictator got censored and banished from the media? Told "no" by the courts or his Vice-President? Lost an election?

Is Mikesez really gone? If so, what prompted it?

If trump stages a coup instead of leaving peacefully, I'll eat crow. Leftists will just believe they dodged a bullet, even though the media is shooting blanks.

I’m hearing a report on the radio about QAnon posing as NG troops to attempt something.

Has QAnon ever perpetrated anything besides empty threats?

I have no doubt this is the MSM engaging in their typical biased hyperbole, but I guess it bears asking. I never heard of them until the media started having a meltdown.

(01-19-2021, 09:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is Mikesez really gone? If so, what prompted it?

The Urban hire of all things... Rolleyes

if it doesn't come from FoxNews, Newsmax or a right-winged perspective, the fan boys won't read it.

(01-19-2021, 10:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 09:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is Mikesez really gone? If so, what prompted it?

The Urban hire of all things... Rolleyes

Unless he's found another outlet for his verbosity, it won't last long.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2021, 10:57 AM by The Real Marty.)

(01-19-2021, 09:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m hearing a report on the radio about QAnon posing as NG troops to attempt something.

I have no doubt this is the MSM engaging in their typical biased hyperbole, but I guess it bears asking. I never heard of them until the media started having a meltdown.

Qanon doesn't actually exist as an organization.  It's just a very elaborate hoax that has hooked in millions of gullible people.

That's a big loss for this message board.  Without a resident liberal to stir the pot in this conservative circle-jerk, it's going to be pretty boring around here.

Come back, Mike!

(01-19-2021, 09:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m hearing a report on the radio about QAnon posing as NG troops to attempt something.

A number of the members of different organized militia groups that were part of the group that entered the capitol bldg also sported various Qanon logos and such on their "uniforms." 
(these militia groups have been ID'd and tracked down now due to recordings captured of their chatter on messaging apps that they used to coordinate the raid on the capitol)

A number of these people seriously believe that dozens of liberal politicians are part of a global pedophilia ring and that Trump rose to power for the sole purpose of stopping it. 

It's safe to say a number of the believers in that unorganized hoax are willing to organize and carry out something stupid.

(01-19-2021, 10:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

That's a big loss for this message board.  Without a resident liberal to stir the pot in this conservative circle-jerk, it's going to be pretty boring around here.

Come back, Mike!

I agree.  TRM and Mikesey are willing to go into conversational depth which allows for a good debate although they are thoroughly outnumbered by the Trump followers on this message board.

Personally, I've been devoting my time to the booming stock market and migrating back to the Jaguars Home section since we actually have future hope now, but I honestly think all those that spend a lot of time in this Political Talk section benefit from the little balance that TRM and Mikesez have to offer.