Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congress Shut down......

(01-26-2021, 01:52 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 11:57 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Democrats aren't against guns for the purpose of protection.  We're against assault rifles that tend to be used to kill students and concert goers.

Heck, I'm ok with assault rifles that are loaned out by shooting range owners for use within their premises.

Regarding the wall, yes it took a bunch of US psychopaths for us to support a wall to protect our own government facilities against our own US citizens.

You're talking about that big ole mean AR15, correct?

And if democrats are against anything, it's definitely education..

P.S..

Anyone with an ounce of gun education just lol'd at you..

Everyone laughs at HURRICANE, firearm owner or not.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-26-2021, 11:57 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 08:09 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: 2-AD3-E893-7908-48-F9-A161-F1-A08-E39879-D.jpg]

Democrats aren't against guns for the purpose of protection.  We're against assault rifles that tend to be used to kill students and concert goers.

Heck, I'm ok with assault rifles that are loaned out by shooting range owners for use within their premises.

Regarding the wall, yes it took a bunch of US psychopaths for us to support a wall to protect our own government facilities against our own US citizens.

When was an assault rifle used to kill students or concert goers?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-26-2021, 11:57 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 08:09 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: 2-AD3-E893-7908-48-F9-A161-F1-A08-E39879-D.jpg]

Democrats aren't against guns for the purpose of protection.  We're against assault rifles that tend to be used to kill students and concert goers.

For your information, assault is an act (action verb) Not a Noun.

AR Stands for Armalite Rifle Not Assaullt

Any weapon can be used for an assault, Guns, Knives, baseball bats, etc
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

This is one of the many reasons why most democrats get no respect.. MSM fills their head with propaganda and they take it as gospel, with no research on the subject whatsoever.. This generation of democrats aren't the same democrats from 20-30 years ago.. Most of these democrats are ignorant and stupid.. And I choose those words carefully.. Ignorant because they're uninformed and stupid because they feel like they don't need to research facts..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-26-2021, 02:55 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 11:57 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Democrats aren't against guns for the purpose of protection.  We're against assault rifles that tend to be used to kill students and concert goers.

When was an assault rifle used to kill students or concert goers?

Sandy Hook, Columbine, Pulse, Parkland, Midland ...there's plenty to choose from. The argument over what is or is not an "Assault Rifle" is mere semantics; semi-auto rifles with large capacity magazines are truly the most common weapons used in mass killings. That's a fact. It's also a fact that Americans have the right to own them without governmental interference.

(01-26-2021, 02:55 PM)The Drifter Wrote:

This is what I mean, very few people can kill 10 people with a knife or a bat, almost anyone can kill 10 people with an AR-15. Stop using this ridiculous argument, it's irrelevant to the problem and makes for a weak counter.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-26-2021, 04:00 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: This is one of the many reasons why most democrats get no respect.. MSM fills their head with propaganda and they take it as gospel, with no research on the subject whatsoever.. This generation of democrats aren't the same democrats from 20-30 years ago.. Most of these democrats are ignorant and stupid..  And I choose those words carefully.. Ignorant because they're uninformed and stupid because they feel like they don't need to research facts..
The Dayton shooter used an AR-15. He killed 9 and injured 27 in just 32 seconds. The fact is those guns are powerfully destructive in the wrong hands. Ignoring or evading that fact doesn't help the argument.

They also don't "tend" to be used to kill innocent people (as Hurricane puts it), the fact is that we have 10 million AR-15s alone in this country but mass shootings are still exceedingly rare. 300 million firearms total and we still have a small number of incidents.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 04:12 PM by WingerDinger.)

30 round magazines are considered the problem.. Some states cut it down to 10, while others tried 5..

Here in Florida, 30 round mags are still legal and I have no problem with that..

If the government wants to implement another step to verify my sanity in order to own one? I don't mind.. I know I'll pass..

But my right to purchase one once I pass that verification shall not be infringed..

(01-26-2021, 04:09 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: 30 round magazines are considered the problem.. Some states cut it down to 10, while others tried 5..

Here in Florida, 30 round mags are still legal and I have no problem with that..

I don't have an issue with them either and I don't agree with the left that guns that look scary are the issue. The problem is the shooter, not the gun.

(01-26-2021, 04:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 04:09 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: 30 round magazines are considered the problem.. Some states cut it down to 10, while others tried 5..

I don't have an issue with them either and I don't agree with the left that guns that look scary are the issue. The problem is the shooter, not the gun.

Bingo

(01-26-2021, 02:55 PM)The Drifter Wrote:

Assault rifle means any semi-automatic (or fully automatic) rifle.  Hurricane never mentioned the AR-15.  Even gun manufacturers use the collective term, assault rifle.

https://www.heckler-koch.com/en/products...ifles.html

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2021, 04:29 PM by WingerDinger.)

(01-26-2021, 04:16 PM)captivating Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 02:55 PM)The Drifter Wrote: For your information, assault is an act (action verb) Not a Noun.

Assault rifle means any semi-automatic (or fully automatic) rifle.  Hurricane never mentioned the AR-15.  Even gun manufacturers use the collective term, assault rifle.

Modern Sporting Rifle Facts. ... The “AR” in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. “AR” does NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.” AR-15-style rifles are NOT “assault weapons” or “assault rifles.” An assault rifle is fully automatic, a machine gun.

I don't see anything about semi autos..

That excerpt was taken from the NSSF.org

(01-26-2021, 04:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 02:55 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: When was an assault rifle used to kill students or concert goers?

Sandy Hook, Columbine, Pulse, Parkland, Midland ...there's plenty to choose from. The argument over what is or is not an "Assault Rifle" is mere semantics; semi-auto rifles with large capacity magazines are truly the most common weapons used in mass killings. That's a fact. It's also a fact that Americans have the right to own them without governmental interference.

Semi-automatic rifles do not fit the definition of an "assault rifle" and "large capacity magazines" is subjective.  Ignore "semantics" all you want, but once that term is put into legislation it does nothing to prevent a common sporting rifle such as an AR-15 from being purchased, owned or operated (though that is the goal of many anti-gun democrats).

The fact of the matter is that it's not the hardware, it's the person using it that is the problem.

(01-26-2021, 04:16 PM)captivating Wrote: Assault rifle means any semi-automatic (or fully automatic) rifle.  Hurricane never mentioned the AR-15.  Even gun manufacturers use the collective term, assault rifle.

As usual you are wrong.  The link that you provided I assume meets the actual criteria, but it's a German company and the kinds of weapons shown on their website are actually illegal (for the most part) in the U.S. without a special permit.

Perhaps you should educate yourself.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I can walk into any gun shop, say I want an AR, and the sellers will present to me many different manufacturers. I think falling back on the Armalite distinction is disingenuous. While you are technically correct, there is a specific type of rifle that is manufactured purely for self-defense. That said, you wouldn't have to make such a distinction if democrats weren't trying to make blanket bans. They are trying to ban a specific type of rifle. I think violates the constitution, and it's rooted in a fear that is statistically irrelevant. It's better to just tell them to get bent than to dance around the technical name of the rifle.

(01-26-2021, 11:00 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I can walk into any gun shop, say I want an AR, and the sellers will present to me many different manufacturers. I think falling back on the Armalite distinction is disingenuous. While you are technically correct, there is a specific type of rifle that is manufactured purely for self-defense. That said, you wouldn't have to make such a distinction if democrats weren't trying to make blanket bans. They are trying to ban a specific type of rifle. I think violates the constitution, and it's rooted in a fear that is statistically irrelevant. It's better to just tell them to get bent than to dance around the technical name of the rifle.

That's because the AR platform is very popular. There are a lot of extra attachments for the rifle that can be used on any AR-style rifle. There are even some Kalashnikov models that have an AR platform so they can fit the attachments.

I know the reason. The point is that we all know what type of weapon democrats are referring to when they say an AR. I have a personal gripe when people hide behind semantics instead of sticking to the facts. As much as I hate the way Democrats manipulate language to sway public opinion, Assault Rifle is an semi-adequate description for the purpose of this type of weapon. It doesn't make their point any more constitutional.

(01-26-2021, 11:00 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I can walk into any gun shop, say I want an AR, and the sellers will present to me many different manufacturers. I think falling back on the Armalite distinction is disingenuous. While you are technically correct, there is a specific type of rifle that is manufactured purely for self-defense. That said, you wouldn't have to make such a distinction if democrats weren't trying to make blanket bans. They are trying to ban a specific type of rifle. I think violates the constitution, and it's rooted in a fear that is statistically irrelevant. It's better to just tell them to get bent than to dance around the technical name of the rifle.

"AR" has become commonly held to mean assault rifle and while technically incorrect, it's public perception (like a "Rambo" knife) and isn't going to change.  Those who seek to bans guns typically have no knowledge of, or experience with, any firearms.  To them, "assault rifles" are all just the big, scary-looking things like they see in movies and only a wacko would want to own one .  The public doesn't need them, therefore the public shouldn't have them.

You'll never convince the public that ANY rifle is manufactured purely for self-defense and the effort to do so is a waste of time.  I honestly can't consider AR's as such and I'm a gun owner.  Generally speaking, if it works for defensive purposes, it will work on the attack as well.   A derringer is about the only firearm I can think of that's intended for defensive only use. 

While I have to admit that gun owners don't really NEED "assault rifles", we have the constitutional right to own them.  As always, the problem lies not with the weapon itself, but with the abuse thereof.   Taking away "assault rifles" won't diminish the likelihood of a mass shooting.   The assailant will just revert to a handgun with a 15 round mag instead of an AR with a thirty (quicker reload with the handgun anyway).  Unfortunately, you'll never get the Left to admit this because taking away the big scary guns is part of their platform.  Garner support by driving fear!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I even catch myself calling my rifles assault rifles, which they are not as they are semi-automatic.

The technical term for assault rifle is a rifle that can fire multiple rounds by pulling the trigger once - it can be a three or two round burst or fully auto.. but that's when a rifle becomes an "assault" rifle.

Doesn't matter... if someone were in a concert with a knife stabbing drunk people in their femoral arteries I bet he or she could kill quite a few people before anyone even realized something was happening.

Interesting note on one of the rioters legal case:

https://www.npr.org/sections/insurrectio...-in-mexico

A judge is letting one of the rioters who entered the capitol take a vacation to Mexico while awaiting trial.

(02-06-2021, 11:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Interesting note on one of the rioters legal case:

A judge is letting one of the rioters who entered the capitol take a vacation to Mexico while awaiting trial.

Not really.

"District Judge Trevor McFadden, who was confirmed to the bench in 2017, approved Cudd's request. His order cites her lack of a previous criminal record and says there is no evidence that she poses a flight risk or is a danger to others."

(02-06-2021, 11:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 11:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Interesting note on one of the rioters legal case:

Not really.

"District Judge Trevor McFadden, who was confirmed to the bench in 2017, approved Cudd's request. His order cites her lack of a previous criminal record and says there is no evidence that she poses a flight risk or is a danger to others."

He's quoting NPR.. Might as well quote the babylon bee as well..