Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congress Shut down......

(01-06-2021, 09:08 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 08:28 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Antifa was inside the capital, they've already identified the person in the speakers chair

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Ur kidding me.

I’m not surprised like I said from the start there where agitators that clearly where there to find trouble. I did my best to avoid them but when they started getting louder as the March toward the capital started I felt in my spirit it was time to get my family out so we left. As we drove south out of Virginia I was listening to it unfold and my wife instantly said that’s antifa
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You guys need to stop believing every conspiracy you read. You keep falling for fake news.

It's bringing down your democracy.

(01-06-2021, 08:07 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 05:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's just mostly peaceful protesting. We must give them room and I demand that the police stand down.

Yes, taking over a convenience store is JUST AS SERiOUS as taking over the capitol building when both houses of Congress are in session.  I bow before your superior intellect.

(01-06-2021, 06:54 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I don't recall Biden and the rest of the Democratic party being this concerned in Minneapolis, Ferguson or Seattle.

Some buildings are more important than others.

So it's not the act itself, but the location in which it occurs, that determines the seriousness?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

[Image: 418-A9044-679-E-437-B-B611-7-C94-BF3-A4-E28.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 09:44 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Woman shot and killed today was 14 year Air Force vet. Sad.

This is the woman who was shot and killed in the Capitol today. https://t.co/qRKWdGXQ4T

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 09:52 PM by homebiscuit.)

Cory Booker trying to have a Spartacus moment at the Capitol.

(01-06-2021, 09:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Woman shot and killed today was 14 year Air Force vet. Sad.

This is the woman who was shot and killed in the Capitol today.  https://t.co/qRKWdGXQ4T

That is sad. I'm very curious about the circumstances behind the shooting.

(01-06-2021, 09:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: 418-A9044-679-E-437-B-B611-7-C94-BF3-A4-E28.jpg]

Twitter has just suspended your account.  Ninja

(01-06-2021, 09:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Woman shot and killed today was 14 year Air Force vet. Sad.

This is the woman who was shot and killed in the Capitol today.  https://t.co/qRKWdGXQ4T

Trump and Guiliani have blood on their hands. They are responsible for this.

(01-06-2021, 10:09 PM)captivating Wrote:

Now do officer David Dorn...

(01-06-2021, 09:24 PM)lastonealive Wrote: You guys need to stop believing every conspiracy you read. You keep falling for fake news.

It's bringing down your democracy.

This is a byproduct of the anti-intellectualism movement spurred about a few decades ago. Unfortunately, we've observed the direct catalyst of today's actions through the incendiary and divisive rhetoric we've experienced the past few years.

Here's some food for thought - and lets be real with ourselves... Imagine what would happen if thousands of black and brown individuals stormed the halls of the Capitol building while in session. The response and final outlook would be incredibly different.

What's sad is that we've been pinned against each other as AMERICANS all in the name of political tribalism, corporate greed, and systemic inequality. And you know who's loving it? Our adversaries.

(01-06-2021, 10:09 PM)captivating Wrote:

Perhaps it would best to wait until the investigation of the shooting is completed before jumping to any conclusions.

(01-06-2021, 09:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 09:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: 418-A9044-679-E-437-B-B611-7-C94-BF3-A4-E28.jpg]

Twitter has just suspended your account.  Ninja

Which one? Cool
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-06-2021, 10:19 PM)enigma Wrote: Here's some food for thought - and lets be real with ourselves... Imagine what would happen if thousands of black and brown individuals stormed the halls of the Capitol building while in session. The response and final outlook would be incredibly different.

If the woman who was tragically shot and killed today at the Capitol had been black, the city would be on fire right now.

(01-06-2021, 09:30 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 08:07 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yes, taking over a convenience store is JUST AS SERiOUS as taking over the capitol building when both houses of Congress are in session.  I bow before your superior intellect.

Some buildings are more important than others.

So it's not the act itself, but the location in which it occurs, that determines the seriousness?

Taking over a building is serious and wrong.
Taking over the seat of government is much more serious. 
The seat of government is more important than anything other than military base.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-06-2021, 08:22 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Mike. Dude. They literally tried jumping the gates at the White House and people were FURIOUS that tear gas was used. This is the day after they set fire to the church across the street. They harassed Senators and Congressman as they left the RNC. Monuments are not sacred. Lawmakers are not sacred. Buildings are not sacred. The only thing sacred over the last 6 months was "peaceful protest." Please. Just bow out.

I wasn't furious that tear gas was used.
Lawmakers are sacred, yes. Monuments, sometimes.
Buildings are sacred when government is taking place within that building or when the armed forces have all their stuff there (a base or an armory).
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-06-2021, 10:34 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 08:22 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Mike. Dude. They literally tried jumping the gates at the White House and people were FURIOUS that tear gas was used. This is the day after they set fire to the church across the street. They harassed Senators and Congressman as they left the RNC. Monuments are not sacred. Lawmakers are not sacred. Buildings are not sacred. The only thing sacred over the last 6 months was "peaceful protest." Please. Just bow out.

Buildings are sacred when government is taking place within that building or when the armed forces have all their stuff there (a base or an armory).

The word sacred loses its meaning when used the way you use it.

(01-06-2021, 10:34 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Lawmakers are not sacred, they are not our leaders, they work for us, but somehow they forget that
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(01-06-2021, 10:35 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 10:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: I wasn't furious that tear gas was used.

The word sacred loses its meaning when used the way you use it.

Yeah it should only be used for trump to talk about his "sacred landslide victory" (exact words lol)

(01-06-2021, 10:42 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 10:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: I wasn't furious that tear gas was used.

Lawmakers are not sacred, they are not our leaders, they work for us, but somehow they forget that

This should be framed and hung on a wall somewhere.

(01-06-2021, 10:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 10:42 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Lawmakers are not sacred, they are not our leaders, they work for us, but somehow they forget that

This should be framed and hung on a wall somewhere.

There is a ton of humor in seeing a Trump supporter think that he works for anyone but himself.