Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congress Shut down......

(01-06-2021, 10:42 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 10:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: I wasn't furious that tear gas was used.
Lawmakers are sacred, yes. Monuments, sometimes.
Buildings are sacred when government is taking place within that building or when the armed forces have all their stuff there (a base or an armory).

Lawmakers are not sacred, they are not our leaders, they work for us, but somehow they forget that

The right of a lawmaker to safely reach the meeting place is one of the bedrock foundations of representative government.  It's in Article 1 of the constitution.
Threatening lawmakers and preventing them from entering is literally how the English revolution started in the 1600s.  Blocking lawmakers from assembling is one of the grievances in the Declaration of Independence of 1776.  
Sacred was lucky's word.  Do you have a better one?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-06-2021, 10:53 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 10:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This should be framed and hung on a wall somewhere.

There is a ton of humor in seeing a Trump supporter think that he works for anyone but himself.

Credit where it's due, Trump is a nepotist and looks after his family and close friends too.

(01-06-2021, 10:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 09:30 PM)Sneakers Wrote: So it's not the act itself, but the location in which it occurs, that determines the seriousness?

Taking over a building is serious and wrong.
Taking over the seat of government is much more serious. 
The seat of government is more important than anything other than military base.
Which offense is the more serious, taking over a building or burning it to the ground?

You realize the "seat of government" you're referring to is just an office building, right?  Government can run and be administered from anywhere.  The physical location is purely symbolic.  

If there is any one building in the country that is sacred, to be saved above all others, it is, in my humble opinion, Independence Hall.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-06-2021, 11:06 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 10:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: Taking over a building is serious and wrong.
Taking over the seat of government is much more serious. 
The seat of government is more important than anything other than military base.
Which offense is the more serious, taking over a building or burning it to the ground?

You realize the "seat of government" you're referring to is just an office building, right?  Government can run and be administered from anywhere.  The physical location is purely symbolic.  

If there is any one building in the country that is sacred, to be saved above all others, it is, in my humble opinion, Independence Hall.

Administration can happen from almost anywhere, yes, but a meeting of Congress needs a certain time and place for hundreds of people all together.  Literally "Congress" is latin for "all together".

(01-06-2021, 11:10 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:06 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Which offense is the more serious, taking over a building or burning it to the ground?

Administration can happen from almost anywhere, yes, but a meeting of Congress needs a certain time and place for hundreds of people all together.  Literally "Congress" is latin for "all together".

Hundreds of people, all in one place.  Oh my, wherever will we find such a building?  We'd need something almost as large as a banquet hall or high school gym.

(01-06-2021, 11:03 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 10:42 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Lawmakers are not sacred, they are not our leaders, they work for us, but somehow they forget that

The right of a lawmaker to safely reach the meeting place is one of the bedrock foundations of representative government.  It's in Article 1 of the constitution.
Threatening lawmakers and preventing them from entering is literally how the English revolution started in the 1600s.  Blocking lawmakers from assembling is one of the grievances in the Declaration of Independence of 1776.  
Sacred was lucky's word.  Do you have a better one?

Linclon and the Virginia assembly was it?

(01-06-2021, 11:41 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:10 PM)mikesez Wrote: Administration can happen from almost anywhere, yes, but a meeting of Congress needs a certain time and place for hundreds of people all together.  Literally "Congress" is latin for "all together".

Hundreds of people, all in one place.  Oh my, wherever will we find such a building?  We'd need something almost as large as a banquet hall or high school gym.

You're technically correct, but don't you see that it kind of makes the government look illegitimate if they can't even hold on to their own building?

All of that clumsy dog-whistling has finally amounted to sedition.

Shame that lady lost her life protesting an election result that wasn't even close enough to argue about.

Rumors of Trump at national command center in Texas. Not sure why.

(01-07-2021, 01:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Rumors of Trump at national command center in Texas. Not sure why.

Rumor.   Singular.

Here is the brilliant source of said rumor:

https://www.businessinsider.com/pro-trum...ted-2021-1

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 01:15 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(01-07-2021, 01:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Rumors of Trump at national command center in Texas. Not sure why.

Rumor.   Singular.

Like I said. Rumor. Also seeing flightaware map of the doomsday plane too...

These images capture the horrific scene that took place outside of the Capitol building today.

Truly disgraceful.

Oh wait—my mistake. These are actually from the BLM “protests” over the summer. https://t.co/BFO3ZJdVbD

(01-07-2021, 12:32 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:41 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Hundreds of people, all in one place.  Oh my, wherever will we find such a building?  We'd need something almost as large as a banquet hall or high school gym.

You're technically correct, but don't you see that it kind of makes the government look illegitimate if they can't even hold on to their own building?

Quite the opposite, losing the building and reconvening in another location only makes it appear stronger than ever.  It illustrates that the destruction or takeover of any physical location will not stop the function of government.  It is an undeniable force, enduring through any adversity, ever there to serve the people.

PS  I don't recall anyone saying the government looked illegitimate when the Pentagon was on fire.

(01-07-2021, 01:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Rumor.   Singular.

These images capture the horrific scene that took place outside of the Capitol building today.

Truly disgraceful.

Oh wait—my mistake. These are actually from the BLM “protests” over the summer. https://t.co/BFO3ZJdVbD

You truly are a piece of work.

(01-07-2021, 01:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Rumor.   Singular.

Truly disgraceful.

Wow it’s almost like one cause was for a legitimate issue and the other was to appease the last gasp dry hump of an orange demagogue.

The [BLEEP] pulled today is magnitudes worse and should’ve been even more violent if necessary force was used.

Let's pretend.......

Leader El-Hussein Ahmed goes on video telling people to walk down to the Capitol to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. His second in charge, El-Ahmed-Ahkmed then says calls for a trial by combat.

Hundreds of Arabic / Muslim supporters storm the US Capitol, some armed with pipebombs and Molitov Cocktails.

Now.....what would we call such an event?

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 03:04 AM by EricC85.)

(01-07-2021, 02:53 AM)captivating Wrote: Let's pretend.......

Leader El-Hussein Ahmed goes on video telling people to walk down to the Capitol to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. His second in charge, El-Ahmed-Ahkmed then says calls for a trial by combat.

Hundreds of Arabic / Muslim supporters storm the US Capitol, some armed with pipebombs and Molitov Cocktails.

no one had Molotov cocktails and pipe bombs at least not when I was there I’m in Georgia now at a rest stop and reading about it not sure what to make of that report?

Again as an eyewitness I can say they’re where provocative actors in the crowd to me they where obvious plants but that’s just my impression.

I agree it seems to be getting out of hand from the reports I’m reading now
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-07-2021, 02:59 AM)EricC85 Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 02:53 AM)captivating Wrote: Let's pretend.......

Lol no one had Molotov cocktails and pipe bombs

The Washington, D.C., police chief says pipe bombs and a cooler with Molotov cocktails were recovered, and at least 52 people were arrested after Trump supporters stormed the US Capitol on Wednesday.

(01-06-2021, 06:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 06:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Good on you man. Need more fathers like you. That's how independent thinkers are made.
Hahahaha

How does traveling to see Trump speak make them independent thinkers?

For starters not thinking as you do.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

The command center is really the nighthawk plane, it's one of the disaster planes ( there are at least 3-4). 1 is always in the air, but supposedly they don't fly to this base and it left DC where 1 is always on the ground waiting.

There was also a lot of other traffic in Texas, but I haven't seen it.

The video had to have been prerecorded because of no noise, wind, and temperature. The video also tells people to leave and go home, which is required before the insurrection act can be executed. Not sure he will use it, but his video was removed quickly and this has been an information war somewhat in the open from both sides.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

The order to send in the National Guard came from Pence.
Shows that
(a) Trump didn't want to send in the National Guard
(b) Pence and SecDef are acting as if the 25th amendment was invoked.