Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congress Shut down......

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 08:00 AM by Jag88.)

Sounds like pence is running things for 2 weeks or maybe he should be. I wonder what tone trump will take now when he gets out of twitter jail

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What is really a remarkable sign of the times is how many clear pictures we have of the faces of the people who did this. I hope they all go to jail for a long time, and I hope that will deter anyone else who thinks they can do a similar act.

Yeah, let's imprison anyone who destroys property or threatens anyone during a protest. How long should they be jailed for, Marty?

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 09:16 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(01-07-2021, 08:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What is really a remarkable sign of the times is how many clear pictures we have of the faces of the people who did this.  I hope they all go to jail for a long time, and I hope that will deter anyone else who thinks they can do a similar act.

Another poster who disappeared like a fart in the wind during Kenosha, St. Louis,  <insert liberal run city>.

The hypocrisy of some of you is incredible and you don't even see it.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 09:05 AM by The Real Marty.)

(01-07-2021, 08:43 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Yeah, let's imprison anyone who destroys property or threatens anyone during a protest. How long should they be jailed for, Marty?

This was an attempt to shut down the United States government.  I think they should get years, not months.  And they will, because there are clear pictures of their faces.  They will be hunted down and prosecuted.

(01-07-2021, 09:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 08:43 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Yeah, let's imprison anyone who destroys property or threatens anyone during a protest. How long should they be jailed for, Marty?

This was an attempt to shut down the United States government.  I think they should get years, not months.  And they will, because there are clear pictures of their faces.  They will be hunted down and prosecuted.

Oh please, enough of the pearl clutching. They interrupted a session of Congress. Stop the hyperbolic sanctimony.

Did the person j-walk on BLM boulevard en route to this attack on democracy.

You missed the opportunity to throw in "sacred ground" to really get your point across. Your pearl clutching still has room for improvement.

(01-07-2021, 09:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 09:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: This was an attempt to shut down the United States government.  I think they should get years, not months.  And they will, because there are clear pictures of their faces.  They will be hunted down and prosecuted.

Oh please, enough of the pearl clutching. They interrupted a session of Congress. Stop the hyperbolic sanctimony.

It was an attempt to stop the Presidential election process, on behalf of the losing candidate, by invading and occupying the seat of government, and it was instigated by the losing candidate.  That is an attack on our democracy.  It's fascism in its purest form.  And it was instigated by the President of the United States.  It's not a little "Oops, I interrupted a session of Congress.  Sorry.  Carry on," as you seem to characterize it.

(01-07-2021, 08:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What is really a remarkable sign of the times is how many clear pictures we have of the faces of the people who did this.  I hope they all go to jail for a long time, and I hope that will deter anyone else who thinks they can do a similar act.

If the photographer who took the picture just followed the crowd and wasn't authorized to be there, should he also "go to jail for a long time"?  

[Image: resized_150246-8aarkie0107rgb_53-31873_t...9a8f88077d]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-07-2021, 09:26 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

If the photographer who took the picture just followed the crowd and wasn't authorized to be there, should he also "go to jail for a long time"?  

I bet her freezer is more organized that her office.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 09:34 AM by homebiscuit.)

(01-07-2021, 09:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 09:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Oh please, enough of the pearl clutching. They interrupted a session of Congress. Stop the hyperbolic sanctimony.

It was an attempt to stop the Presidential election process, on behalf of the losing candidate, by invading and occupying the seat of government, and it was instigated by the losing candidate.  That is an attack on our democracy.  It's fascism in its purest form.  And it was instigated by the President of the United States.  It's not a little "Oops, I interrupted a session of Congress.  Sorry.  Carry on," as you seem to characterize it.

"invading" "occupying" "fascism" - good job, Marty, you hit all the marks. 

So an unarmed rabble sitting in the House President's seat is considered a government overthrow, huh?  Oh, the humanity. 

I figured you would be happy that the only person killed was a woman draped in a Trump flag. She deserved it. Amiright?

(01-07-2021, 09:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 09:26 AM)Sneakers Wrote: If the photographer who took the picture just followed the crowd and wasn't authorized to be there, should he also "go to jail for a long time"?  

I bet her freezer is more organized that her office.

In the last week Pelosi has had her home vandalized by leftwingers and her office occupied by Trump supporters. The woman is roundly detested.

(01-07-2021, 02:59 AM)EricC85 Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 02:53 AM)captivating Wrote: Let's pretend.......

Leader El-Hussein Ahmed goes on video telling people to walk down to the Capitol to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. His second in charge, El-Ahmed-Ahkmed then says calls for a trial by combat.

Hundreds of Arabic / Muslim supporters storm the US Capitol, some armed with pipebombs and Molitov Cocktails.

Now.....what would we call such an event?

no one had Molotov cocktails and pipe bombs at least not when I was there I’m in Georgia now at a rest stop and reading about it not sure what to make of that report?

Again as an eyewitness I can say they’re where provocative actors in the crowd to me they where obvious plants but that’s just my impression.

I agree it seems to be getting out of hand from the reports I’m reading now

Eric, what makes you say they were obvious plants? 

To paraphrase from the greatest album ever written: if I had my way, I’d have all of them shot.

(01-07-2021, 09:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 09:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: It was an attempt to stop the Presidential election process, on behalf of the losing candidate, by invading and occupying the seat of government, and it was instigated by the losing candidate.  That is an attack on our democracy.  It's fascism in its purest form.  And it was instigated by the President of the United States.  It's not a little "Oops, I interrupted a session of Congress.  Sorry.  Carry on," as you seem to characterize it.

"invading" "occupying" "fascism" - good job, Marty, you hit all the marks. 

So an unarmed rabble sitting in the House President's seat is considered a government overthrow, huh?  Oh, the humanity. 

I figured you would be happy that the only person killed was a woman draped in a Trump flag. She deserved it. Amiright?

(01-07-2021, 09:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I bet her freezer is more organized that her office.

In the last week Pelosi has had her home vandalized by leftwingers and her office occupied by Trump supporters. The woman is roundly detested.

I don't buy that was even her house. That garage door didn't match a house with a $20,000 fridge.

(01-06-2021, 05:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't know, some kind of blocked off space...like an autonomous zone or something.

They did give them room.  They gave them the entire mall (outdoor area by the monument) to host the rally.

Man, the creepy joe O'biden supporters hypocrisy is on full display for all to see. Absolutely comical.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(01-07-2021, 09:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: "invading" "occupying" "fascism" - good job, Marty, you hit all the marks. 

Comical coming from the guy who's side calls everyone commies.  The projection is hilarious.  But unsurprising.  It's the only thing in the conservative wheelhouse.

(01-07-2021, 09:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 09:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: This was an attempt to shut down the United States government.  I think they should get years, not months.  And they will, because there are clear pictures of their faces.  They will be hunted down and prosecuted.

They attempted to interrupt a session that would certify election results after being encouraged to do so by the guy who lost the election. They also hospitalized 14 police officers in the process. 

Zero hyperbole or opinion in my comment here. Facts only.

They called yesterday a coup attempt..

In my opinion, they were trying to stop the coup..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Link to hospitalizations please.