Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congress Shut down......

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 11:09 AM by homebiscuit.)

(01-07-2021, 10:51 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 09:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: "invading" "occupying" "fascism" - good job, Marty, you hit all the marks. 

Comical coming from the guy who's side calls everyone commies.  The projection is hilarious.  But unsurprising.  It's the only thing in the conservative wheelhouse.

[font=DDG_ProximaNova, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_0, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_1, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_2, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_3, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_4, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_5, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_6,]hy•per•bo•le hī-pûr′bə-lē (see above)
[font=ddg-serp-icons]►[/font][/font]
  • n.
    A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.

• n.
    In rhetoric, an obvious exaggeration; an extravagant statement or assertion not intended to be understood literally.

(01-07-2021, 10:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 09:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Oh please, enough of the pearl clutching. They interrupted a session of Congress. Stop the hyperbolic sanctimony.

They attempted to interrupt a session that would certify election results after being encouraged to do so by the guy who lost the election. They also hospitalized 14 police officers in the process. 

Zero hyperbole or opinion in my comment here. Facts only.

Was it an attempted overthrow of the U.S. Government, or not? Facts only, please.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-07-2021, 09:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 09:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Oh please, enough of the pearl clutching. They interrupted a session of Congress. Stop the hyperbolic sanctimony.

It was an attempt to stop the Presidential election process, on behalf of the losing candidate, by invading and occupying the seat of government, and it was instigated by the losing candidate.  That is an attack on our democracy.  It's fascism in its purest form.  And it was instigated by the President of the United States.  It's not a little "Oops, I interrupted a session of Congress.  Sorry.  Carry on," as you seem to characterize it.

You don't know what fascism means.

Nobody does. It's my favorite question to ask people when they use the word.

(01-07-2021, 11:19 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 09:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: It was an attempt to stop the Presidential election process, on behalf of the losing candidate, by invading and occupying the seat of government, and it was instigated by the losing candidate.  That is an attack on our democracy.  It's fascism in its purest form.  And it was instigated by the President of the United States.  It's not a little "Oops, I interrupted a session of Congress.  Sorry.  Carry on," as you seem to characterize it.

You don't know what fascism means.

It's okay for them to throw that term out like spittle spray, but the word commie is "projecting".

(01-07-2021, 11:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 10:51 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Comical coming from the guy who's side calls everyone commies.  The projection is hilarious.  But unsurprising.  It's the only thing in the conservative wheelhouse.

[font=DDG_ProximaNova, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_0, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_1, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_2, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_3, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_4, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_5, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_6,]hy•per•bo•le hī-pûr′bə-lē (see above)
  • n.
    A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.

• n.
    In rhetoric, an obvious exaggeration; an extravagant statement or assertion not intended to be understood literally.

(01-07-2021, 10:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: They attempted to interrupt a session that would certify election results after being encouraged to do so by the guy who lost the election. They also hospitalized 14 police officers in the process. 

Was it an attempted overthrow of the U.S. Government, or not? Facts only, please.

"Dirty commies!"

"Freaking fascists!"

"You don't know what fascists are!"

"You call us commies, so we call you fascists."

"IT'S CALLED HYPERBOLE!"

"....."

(01-07-2021, 11:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 11:19 AM)jj82284 Wrote: You don't know what fascism means.

It's okay for them to throw that term out like spittle spray, but the word commie is "projecting".

I don't know about you, but I've been called racist, xenophobic, trailer trash, stupid, cousin [BLEEP], imbred, hillbilly, waste of oxygen ect, ect, ect.. For having a different opinion about our President.. We used to allow having different opinions as a nation. It's what made us great. It gave us the opportunity to listen to both sides and make an informed decision..

That's in the past.. 

It stuck with me.. I used to vote for strickly the policies that I felt were most beneficial to me and my familiy.. 

Now I vote for policies and out of hatred..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-07-2021, 07:54 AM)mikesez Wrote: The order to send in the National Guard came from Pence.
blah
blah
blah

Fake news.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-07-2021, 11:08 AM)The homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 10:51 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Comical coming from the guy who's side calls everyone commies.  The projection is hilarious.  But unsurprising.  It's the only thing in the conservative wheelhouse.

• n.

• n.

(01-07-2021, 10:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: They attempted to interrupt a session that would certify election results after being encouraged to do so by the guy who lost the election. They also hospitalized 14 police officers in the process. 

The comment you refer to was not made by me.

“Overthrow” is misleading. 
They certainly intended to impede a specific and vital act of our democracy.

There is clear evidence of sedition and insurrection.

Trump has now been banned from facebook and Instagram indefinitely

(01-07-2021, 12:16 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Trump has now been banned from facebook and  Instagram indefinitely

Someday when Trump is long gone, Section 230 will impact you or someone you care about directly and you will change your communist tune. Then again, you probably won't.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 12:41 PM by americus 2.0.)

It looks like the invaders were alt-right or far right groups. They are no better than the far left progressives who spread plenty of hate, discontent and destruction the majority of 2020. They both 'represent' the right and left respectively, and are both responsible for hijacking those parties and the people of this country are so wrapped up in their own biases they don't see what's happening. And the media are stiring the pot to fuel it all.

Congratulations to all of you who don't see it for what it is as evident by this thread.

The far left had their year in 2020. I'm hoping the far right doesn't take the ousting of Trump and whatever he said at his speech as a green light to continue the stupidity we saw happen last night. There was absolutely ZERO reason to breach the Capitol building. None.

And Trump needs to shut his damn mouth. it's over. No one is listening. I'm not one for censorship but I heard his Twitter account was suspended and it definitely needed to be done. The damage done last night was enough, and I'm not talking just what happened last night, but the ripple affect it's going to have here in the US just as the riots and such of 2020 have continued to affect the country.

Both parties need to regroup and denounce far left and far right groups and their chaos.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 12:47 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(01-07-2021, 12:40 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It looks like the invaders were alt-right or far right groups. They are no better than the far left progressives who spread plenty of hate, discontent and destruction the majority of 2020. They both 'represent' the right and left respectively, and are both responsible for hijacking those parties and the people of this country are so wrapped up in their own biases they don't see what's happening. And the media are stiring the pot to fuel it all.

Congratulations to all of you who don't see it for what it is as evident by this thread.

The far left had their year in 2020.  I'm hoping the far right doesn't take the ousting of Trump and whatever he said at his speech as a green light to continue the stupidity we saw happen last night. There was absolutely ZERO reason to breach the Capitol building. None.

And Trump needs to shut his damn mouth. it's over. No one is listening. I'm not one for censorship but I heard his Twitter account was suspended and it definitely needed to be done. The damage done last night was enough, and I'm not talking just what happened last night, but the ripple affect it's going to have here in the US just as the riots and such of 2020 have continued to affect the country.

Both parties need to regroup and denounce far left and far right groups and their chaos.

He can just get on Parler and Rumble. Conservative created sites that support free speech. 

Look, I am not defending everything Trump did yesterday but we either have the 1st amendment or we don't. There are thousands of bad actors on social media that are never censored. Zuck just opened a can of worms that can't be put back in...

As far as both parties, I think its a viable time for a 3rd party to establish themselves.

In my opinion, banning Trump from these social media platforms is doing nothing but increasing the divide..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-07-2021, 12:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: In my opinion, banning Trump from these social media platforms is doing nothing but increasing the divide..

These people are the absolute worst at "reading the room". Continuing to poke the hornets nest just shows things will never change. The divide will continue to get worse, especially after the left unleashes its full agenda on the country.

(01-07-2021, 12:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 11:08 AM)The homebiscuit Wrote: [font=DDG_ProximaNova, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_0, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_1, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_2, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_3, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_4, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_5, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_6,]hy•per•bo•le hī-pûr′bə-lē (see above)
  • n.

• n.

The comment you refer to was not made by me.

I can agree with that. Can we also agree the left wing protests this past year are guilty of the same thing? 

The reason I ask is because the condemnation was nearly absent from the liberal side when protesters attempted repeatedly over a period of weeks to burn down the federal courthouse in Portland, possibly killing those inside.

Can I get an awoman?

(01-07-2021, 08:43 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Yeah, let's imprison anyone who destroys property or threatens anyone during a protest. How long should they be jailed for, Marty?

Not all protests are not insurrections.
CHAZ was an insurrection against city government, but did not disrupt much. County prosecutors should charge the ringleaders, but the penalty will probably be small.
The other BLM protests were not insurrections.

This was an insurrection against the federal government. Federal prosecutors must charge the ringleaders and the judge must apply the maximum sentence.

It has nothing to do with how much property was damaged, and everything to do with which building was targeted, which people were targeted, and why they were targeted.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Snapchat banned Trump. No more hooking up with his side pieces for the foreseeable future.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 01:18 PM by mikesez.)

(01-07-2021, 01:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 12:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The comment you refer to was not made by me.

I can agree with that. Can we also agree the left wing protests this past year are guilty of the same thing? 

The reason I ask is because the condemnation was nearly absent from the liberal side when protesters attempted repeatedly over a period of weeks to burn down the federal courthouse in Portland, possibly killing those inside.

Can I get an awoman?

You are comparing cockroaches to Godzilla.

You noticed the left wingers calling for Godzilla to be destroyed, and you're trying to call them hypocrites because they didn't get as loud about the Cockroach that scurried by.

Two dudes lighting a trash can on fire outside of federal courthouse that is not in session is a cockroach.  

Thousands of dudes pushing through the security checkpoints of the United States capital while both houses are in session, to select the next president, is Godzilla.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-07-2021, 01:18 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I can agree with that. Can we also agree the left wing protests this past year are guilty of the same thing? 

Can I get an awoman?

You are comparing cockroaches to Godzilla.

You noticed the left wingers calling for Godzilla to be destroyed, and you're trying to call them hypocrites because they didn't get as loud about the Cockroach that scurried by.

Two dudes lighting a trash can on fire outside of federal courthouse that is not in session is a cockroach.  

Thousands of dudes pushing through the security checkpoints of the United States capital while both houses are in session, to select the next president, is Godzilla.

Two dudes lighting a trash can? Ok.

This above all: to thine own self be true.

I’m not sure I’d classify this as “pushing” trough security.

https://www.tiktok.com/@marcus.dipaola/v..._webapp=v1
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???