Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tiger

For those into Golf, the new HBO doc is solid. Tons of never seen before footage and a clearer picture of how he turned out the way he did. Must watch for any golf fan.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 03:59 PM by homebiscuit.)

Just heard on the radio Tiger Woods involved in a major car accident. Jaws of life needed to extricate him.

Multiple leg injuries. In surgery.

It apparently was a single car accident... he went a rolling on a hill.

Doesn't mean there wasn't another vehicle that left... but there was only Tiger's SUV at the scene.

Speeding kills in Calif on those hilly roads. Doesn't sound like he was tripping on anything.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-23-2021, 06:45 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Speeding kills in Calif on those hilly roads. Doesn't sound like he was tripping on anything.
Who knows, but he was staying at a hotel for some golftv show. It was 7AM, so rather late to still be up from the previous night. Some said he left the hotel driving fast.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

SUV's tend to roll over at high rates of speed.

Allegedly he was running late to meet up with Drew Brees.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/artic...9edee.html

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2021, 06:35 AM by The Real Marty.)

Multiple compound fractures of the right leg.  Skin broken, bone sticking out.  Metal rod inserted to stabilize and repair the bones.  

No sign of drugs or alcohol according to the police. 

I have a friend who had the same type of injury, and the problem he has today isn't the formerly broken bones, or the metal rods, it's his knee.   He can walk around normally, but his knee gives him all sorts of problems, and he can't walk real far without a lot of pain.

I'm just guessing, but I think this is the type of injury that could end Tiger's golf career for good.

(02-24-2021, 06:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I have a friend who had the same type of injury, and the problem he has today isn't the formerly broken bones, or the metal rods, it's his knee.   He can walk around normally, but his knee gives him all sorts of problems, and he can't walk real far without a lot of pain.

I'm just guessing, but I think this is the type of injury that could end Tiger's golf career for good.

Was your friend's injury from a car accident too?

Tiger's competitive career looks done.  He may be able to play golf again for fun but along with his back injuries, it's hard to see how he can compete with these leg injuries as well.  Granted he will have the best medical help that money can buy

(02-24-2021, 07:48 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 06:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I have a friend who had the same type of injury, and the problem he has today isn't the formerly broken bones, or the metal rods, it's his knee.   He can walk around normally, but his knee gives him all sorts of problems, and he can't walk real far without a lot of pain.

Was your friend's injury from a car accident too?

Tiger's competitive career looks done.  He may be able to play golf again for fun but along with his back injuries, it's hard to see how he can compete with these leg injuries as well.  Granted he will have the best medical help that money can buy

No, not a car accident.  He fell off a ladder.

I was getting major Kobe flashbacks.

Thankfully his injuries aren’t life threatening.

California law enforcement did not find any need to draw blood. Quite interesting given his history of pain med addiction and prior accident. #WhitePrivilege ... oh, wait a second.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2021, 10:33 AM by Tank Commander.)

(02-24-2021, 09:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I was getting major Kobe flashbacks.

Thankfully his injuries aren’t life threatening.

This is twice that Tiger almost died.  First time was when his wife tried to kill him with the golf club and then he crashed his car into a tree after all that cheating.

You would hope he gets the wake up call after this to be more careful and less recklessly when driving.
It's not often one escapes death twice.

(02-24-2021, 10:24 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: California law enforcement did not find any need to draw blood.  Quite interesting given his history of pain med addiction and prior accident.   #WhitePrivilege  ... oh, wait a second.

Seemed kind of odd but I figure they gave him a mulligan considering the damage he took in the accident.

I also think it was early in the morning so I doubt he was drinking.  It was probably more being really late for his meeting with Brees combined with the HBO documentary on him just coming out that had his stress levels up and caused him to speed.

The first thing I thought of during his DUI incident, and this one, is, why would he even need to be driving? Don't these guys make enough to be able to afford a full-time chauffeur? Just pull a Hillary here and stop driving.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-24-2021, 10:38 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: The first thing I thought of during his DUI incident, and this one, is, why would he even need to be driving? Don't these guys make enough to be able to afford a full-time chauffeur? Just pull a Hillary here and stop driving.

I think driving is hard to give up because it's the one time a celebrity can be alone without being bothered unless the paparazi are chasing you.
But in general it gives them a sense of normalcy and anonymity (especially if they have tinted windows) that they wouldn't have anywhere else in public.

So I would find that hard to give up if I was a celebrity.

(02-24-2021, 10:41 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 10:38 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: The first thing I thought of during his DUI incident, and this one, is, why would he even need to be driving? Don't these guys make enough to be able to afford a full-time chauffeur? Just pull a Hillary here and stop driving.

I think driving is hard to give up because it's the one time a celebrity can be alone without being bothered unless the paparazi are chasing you.
But in general it gives them a sense of normalcy and anonymity (especially if they have tinted windows) that they wouldn't have anywhere else in public.

So I would find that hard to give up if I was a celebrity.

Normally I would agree, but he was not in his home area, and was renting a car. Those are two big unknowns right off the bat. If you can rent a car, then just rent a driver. I've heard there are these companies called Uber and Lyft, maybe he's heard of them?

Maybe he likes drving.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-24-2021, 10:24 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: California law enforcement did not find any need to draw blood. Quite interesting given his history of pain med addiction and prior accident. #WhitePrivilege ... oh, wait a second.

Lol, yes. The MSSM, aka ESPN, is caught between a rock and a hard place here. They quite rightly slobber all over Tiger because he's the greatest golfer of the last 25 years, but at the same time he really doesn't fit their SJW narrative. Tiger pretty much just does whatever the hell he wants to and befriends who he wants because he can, ie, befriend Trump, Justin Thomas, etc, who the rest of the cancel culture would just assumed dismiss. And yet his foundation rolls on, most likely having a greater positive impact on african american kids lives than BLM ever will. Perhaps they should take a lesson from Tiger on how to really effect change in the world. Doing it his way, you won't have to verbally denounce the Fuzzy Zoellers of the world, society will do it for you because of the goodwill you already have banked.

Would you really want to have someone with you at all times for quick business trips to drive you around? I imagine he wants some privacy and alone time considering how public his life is.

I've stayed at Terranea Resort and I could easily see how if you were in a rush you could crash, even if you're completely sober and unimpaired.

(02-24-2021, 11:15 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 10:24 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: California law enforcement did not find any need to draw blood.  Quite interesting given his history of pain med addiction and prior accident.   #WhitePrivilege  ... oh, wait a second.

Lol, yes. The MSSM, aka ESPN, is caught between a rock and a hard place here. They quite rightly slobber all over Tiger because he's the greatest golfer of the last 25 years, but at the same time he really doesn't fit their SJW narrative.  Tiger pretty much just does whatever the hell he wants to and befriends who he wants because he can, ie, befriend Trump, Justin Thomas, etc, who the rest of the cancel culture would just assumed dismiss.  And yet his foundation rolls on, most likely having a greater positive impact on african american kids lives than BLM ever will. Perhaps they should take a lesson from Tiger on how to really effect change in the world. Doing it his way, you won't have to verbally denounce the Fuzzy Zoellers of the world, society will do it for you because of the goodwill you already have banked.

Tiger is actually more Asian than anything.
He's Half Asian, Quarter White, 1/8th Native American and 1/8th Black.

In fact he looks more Thai than anything.

Here's your typical indigenous Thai person:
[Image: 6411809845_6dcb065539_b.jpg]