Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tiger

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 09:13 PM by Jags.)

Whoever is insisting on a wealthy man being chauffeured around... the wealthy people I know not only drive themselves around but ask me if I had a .50 1/2 coupling so they don’t have to go buy it.  Lol.  This weekend, I had one fall in his “lawn chair”. The piece of crap chair broke.  He refused to buy a new one even though it was “working” prior.  Now, the Uber rich... I don’t know many of them.  But I do know wealth or not, you’re dealing with human beings.  Some cheap/frugal, some reasonable, some outlandish and others just normal people.  To think every celeb is waited on hand and foot and doesn’t know the gas from the brake is silly.

Not giving a crap one way or the other about golf, I do wish Tiger the best.  Hope he has a full recovery and who knows... maybe another comeback story.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Any word whether Tiger will be playing in this years TPC ? Personally, I think this entire accident things may have been a hoax, setup to catch his opponents off guard on Thursday. Ever since he's not cheating on his wife by banging strange chicks on every tour, he kind of lost his moxie. Something like this would definitely get it back.

Tiger hitting golf balls again.

https://twitter.com/TigerWoods/status/14...lth-update

How come I can't swing like that? He's probably hitting that wedge farther than I hit a 5-iron.

The question is whether he'll ever be able to walk 72 holes in a 4-day stretch. The PGA seems unwilling to allow carts to accommodate health issues --- is that correct or did they change their position on that? Seems like this could become an ADA issue (preventing people with disabilities from performing work).

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 01:03 PM by homebiscuit.)

(11-22-2021, 12:55 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The question is whether he'll ever be able to walk 72 holes in a 4-day stretch.  The PGA seems unwilling to allow carts to accommodate health issues --- is that correct or did they change their position on that?  Seems like this could become an ADA issue (preventing people with disabilities from performing work).

I don’t think so because it would make him a hypocrite. Casey Martin was his roommate and teammate at Stanford. He was unable to walk a course because of a circulation problem in his legs. He sued the PGA for the right to use a cart. Tiger was opposed to it, and I agree.

(11-22-2021, 12:43 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: How come I can't swing like that?  He's probably hitting that wedge farther than I hit a 5-iron.

That’s the curse of a wedge. You can hit it as far as a five iron using the same swing to only hit it as far as a wedge.

(11-22-2021, 12:43 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: How come I can't swing like that?  He's probably hitting that wedge farther than I hit a 5-iron.

I always hit my wedge as far as a 5 iron out of a green side bunker.

(11-22-2021, 02:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

I always hit my wedge as far as a 5 iron out of a green side bunker.

And there’s no in-between. It’s either on the green, still in the bunker, or on the next fairway.

(11-22-2021, 03:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 02:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I always hit my wedge as far as a 5 iron out of a green side bunker.

And there’s no in-between. It’s either on the green, still in the bunker, or on the next fairway.

You left out the lake on the other side of the green.

Yawn... you guys almost made me pass out just talking about this boring excuse for a sport.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 06:09 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(11-21-2021, 11:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tiger hitting golf balls again.

Is that the UNF Golf complex?

Is that a leg brace on his right leg? Prosthetic limb? 1/2 of a pair of long johns? What's the real story here?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 06:39 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-22-2021, 06:06 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 11:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tiger hitting golf balls again.

Is that the UNF Golf complex?

Is that a leg brace on his right leg?  Prosthetic limb?  1/2 of a pair of long johns?  What's the real story here?

Medalist golf club. It's no UNF or Fossil Trace, but OK for someone of his skillet.

Nike already planning planning the Sunday red leg sleeve.

(11-22-2021, 05:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Yawn... you guys almost made me pass out just talking about this boring excuse for a sport.

One of the few sports whose outcome isn't controlled by referees.  There is something intriguing about that.

(11-22-2021, 06:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 06:06 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Is that the UNF Golf complex?

Is that a leg brace on his right leg?  Prosthetic limb?  1/2 of a pair of long johns?  What's the real story here?

Medalist golf club. It's no UNF or Fossil Trace, but OK for someone of his skillet.

(11-22-2021, 05:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Yawn... you guys almost made me pass out just talking about this boring excuse for a sport.

One of the few sports whose outcome isn't controlled by referees.  There is something intriguing about that.

Uhoh...dont tell that to Lexi Thompson...
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-22-2021, 07:02 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 06:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Medalist golf club. It's no UNF or Fossil Trace, but OK for someone of his skillet.

Uhoh...dont tell that to Lexi Thompson...

I still fume about that. No doubt it was someone in one of her competitor’s camp who phoned that in. Thankfully they changed that stupid rule not long afterwards. 

It cost her not only a major, but $300k, I believe.

(11-22-2021, 08:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 07:02 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Uhoh...dont tell that to Lexi Thompson...

I still fume about that. No doubt it was someone in one of her competitor’s camp who phoned that in. Thankfully they changed that stupid rule not long afterwards. 

Imagine if we could do that in the NFL...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-22-2021, 08:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 07:02 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Uhoh...dont tell that to Lexi Thompson...

Are you talking about the time she put her ball marker off-center, then replaced her ball directly in front of it, which moved her putting line over a tad?

(11-24-2021, 10:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 08:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I still fume about that. No doubt it was someone in one of her competitor’s camp who phoned that in. Thankfully they changed that stupid rule not long afterwards. 

Are you talking about the time she put her ball marker off-center, then replaced her ball directly in front of it, which moved her putting line over a tad?

Yes. It moved her putting line a tad but it didn't give her any particular advantage. While I'm not averse to penalizing her for it, the fact someone could email the PGA and have it ruled on the next day, which precipitated another two-stroke penalty, is too much. That rule is no longer in effect. 

https://youtu.be/Voun5E5WUgA

(11-24-2021, 10:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 10:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Are you talking about the time she put her ball marker off-center, then replaced her ball directly in front of it, which moved her putting line over a tad?

Yes. It moved her putting line a tad but it didn't give her any particular advantage. While I'm not averse to penalizing her for it, the fact someone could email the PGA and have it ruled on the next day, which precipitated another two-stroke penalty, is too much. That rule is no longer in effect. 

https://youtu.be/Voun5E5WUgA

That seems like pretty obvious cheating to me.  She didn't lift the ball more than an inch.  She didn't clean off the ball.  She simply moved the ball over an inch.  Maybe there was a spike mark in her line.  But it seems pretty obvious, she had to have done that on purpose.  It wasn't even subtle.

I'm confused.  Tiger said he won't return to the PGA full time but would only play in selective tournaments.  Isn't that what he's been doing for the past 10 years (playing primarily in the majors and a few other tourneys).   Perhaps he's hinting that he'll only do majors moving forward (if his body allows).

(12-03-2021, 10:30 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'm confused.  Tiger said he won't return to the PGA full time but would only play in selective tournaments.  Isn't that what he's been doing for the past 10 years (playing primarily in the majors and a few other tourneys).   Perhaps he's hinting that he'll only do majors moving forward (if his body allows).

I imagine it'll be even a lot less than he was previously playing.