Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tiger

(05-19-2022, 02:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-19-2022, 02:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: ESPN does a terrible job of covering golf.

I was miffed when the PGA streaming license was bought by ESPN

I don't like giving them my money and yes, their coverage is subpar

they're not real good with the tennis majors either.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Birdie early in round two moves Tiger just inside the cut line

El Tigre sneaks inside the cut line by one stroke
(second round 69)

(05-20-2022, 07:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: El Tigre sneaks inside the cut line by one stroke
(second round 69)

Nice. I had to stop watching this afternoon and was wondering if he was going to make the cut.

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2022, 11:59 PM by NewJagsCity.)

Perfect scenario for whoever is broadcasting the 3rd and 4th rounds. Show tons of Tiger in the early part of the coverage, isolate some former majors winners in the run up to the leaders teeing off, then cover the top 5-10, and anyone else making a run from the rear.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-20-2022, 07:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: El Tigre sneaks inside the cut line by one stroke
(second round 69)

Tiger never gives up and never mails it in.  Leg hurts, probably no chance of winning, but he still clamps down and makes the cut.  I think a lot of guys in that situation would have gladly taken the weekend off.

EvERYTHING going wrong on the front nine today for Tiger.

He's on pace to shoot 80 today.

(05-21-2022, 12:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: EvERYTHING going wrong on the front nine today for Tiger.

He's on pace to shoot 80 today.

He's looking stiff and sore today. It's going to be weird seeing Tiger play on the PGA Champions tour.

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2022, 01:50 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

While it's admirable to see Tiger not quit in spite of a horrible round which he is clearly playing in pain, perhaps he should play the long game here. Pick your ball up after this round, go home, heal up, and come back strong once you do so. Why risk further injury here? He's tested his current capability enough. No one would fault him for doing so.

This course is kicking everyone’s [BLEEP] today.

(05-21-2022, 05:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This course is kicking everyone’s [BLEEP] today.

Bubba has been fun to watch. He's recovering well to save a lot of pars.

(05-21-2022, 06:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 05:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This course is kicking everyone’s [BLEEP] today.

Bubba has been fun to watch. He's recovering well to save a lot of pars.

You jinxed Bubba!

Tiger ends with a WD.

(05-21-2022, 07:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 06:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Bubba has been fun to watch. He's recovering well to save a lot of pars.

You jinxed Bubba!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Who the hell is Michael Collins that is hosting this irritating broadcast alongside Joe Buck? 'Bogies are bad, but double bogies are really bad.' Really? No kidding?

I don't know what ESPN is shooting for but this split screen format of listening to those two prattle on with whichever celebrity guest is not working for me.

(05-22-2022, 09:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Who the hell is Michael Collins that is hosting this irritating broadcast alongside Joe Buck? 'Bogies are bad, but double bogies are really bad.' Really? No kidding?

I don't know what ESPN is shooting for but this split screen format of listening to those two prattle on with whichever celebrity guest is not working for me.

Ugh. Sounds horrible. 
I'm tuned into the espn+ streaming - watching the Hovland / Finau pairing coverage. They have a few you can choose from. 
The broadcasters are fine so far - not sure who they are yet. Hasn't been announced, but one sounds like a former pro and the other isn't annoying at least.

Artsy ESPN camera shot of Tiger Woods putt agitates golf fans

If you were watching the second round of the PGA Championship from Southern Hills on ESPN on Friday, you saw just such a scene on the par-5 13th hole, where Woods had a short birdie try. As Woods addressed the putt — one he desperately needed to hole to keep alive his hopes of making the cut — an armada of phones appeared, cameras whirling. One fan with a ring on his left pinky raised his arms to get a clean shot of Woods. We know this because an ESPN camera had zoomed in tightly on the fan’s phone...

https://twitter.com/GOLFonCBS/status/152...lf-fans%2F

(05-22-2022, 11:04 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Artsy ESPN camera shot of Tiger Woods putt agitates golf fans

If you were watching the second round of the PGA Championship from Southern Hills on ESPN on Friday, you saw just such a scene on the par-5 13th hole, where Woods had a short birdie try. As Woods addressed the putt — one he desperately needed to hole to keep alive his hopes of making the cut — an armada of phones appeared, cameras whirling. One fan with a ring on his left pinky raised his arms to get a clean shot of Woods. We know this because an ESPN camera had zoomed in tightly on the fan’s phone...

https://twitter.com/GOLFonCBS/status/152...lf-fans%2F

I was hoping the guy would get an non-PG-rated text notification just as Tiger pulled the putter back 
Tongue

(05-21-2022, 05:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(second round 69)

Tiger never gives up and never mails it in.  Leg hurts, probably no chance of winning, but he still clamps down and makes the cut.  I think a lot of guys in that situation would have gladly taken the weekend off.

Tiger withdrawals.  Perhaps he does give up and mails it in.

(05-22-2022, 01:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 05:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Tiger never gives up and never mails it in.  Leg hurts, probably no chance of winning, but he still clamps down and makes the cut.  I think a lot of guys in that situation would have gladly taken the weekend off.

Tiger withdrawals.  Perhaps he does give up and mails it in.

Smart move on his part. Playing the long game. He has nothing to prove and he'd tested his body enough to see if it was tournament ready. Also, he probably read entry #109 of this thread. Or not.