Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence (wolfys thoughts)

Ok first of all i don't have anything againest him at all. Hes been very good in college, and has good strong character. My concerns though are he the # 1 pick,and a lot of the media is high on him being a future nfl superstar like they were with tim tebow. tebow didn't make it in nfl that long,maybe 2 years at most. don't get me wrong im not saying he will be good,nor bad. I'm concered that  the nfl might be to tough for him,i hope im wrong. there is a huge difference between college football,and pro. what happens first time he has a game were he gets sacked serveal times,what happens when he throws his first int for a pick 6?  will he be like the other franchise qbs,and come back to play a good game,or will he start being a bad qb. all around all im saying is if jags take him as #1 pick im afried he will end up a bust,but jags not takeing him is a mistake too. its not a win/win,nor lose/lose. its a huge risk the team needs to take with drafting a possbile franchise qb. I still say if minshew had a better O-line he could be a franchise qb as well

]Again i have notheing againest Trevor at all,just am not confident he can succed in the nfl. don't worry i will be cheering for him,and jags of course. i just need him to prove hes nfl matrial espaissley on a team with a weak O-line like the jags.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Here we go.

We all know at the moment he throws his first int you will be like:

"I told you all Lawrence is not the answer we need a winning QB"

Just put it on your sig instead of reminding us in every post you make.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

In summary, you compared TLAW to Tebow and said a college player needs to prove himself. Ok.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2021, 01:53 PM by Brett.)

Wolfie, I appreciate your post but the font size is kinda too small to read. Next time can you make the font larger?

And if my aunt had a crank, she would be my uncle.

You can either wallow in mediocrity for 2 DECADES like this team has done or uses these 4 picks in the first 2 rounds to shape and mold the future. I for one am not going to worry about woulda/shoulda/coulda’s because in the bigger scheme of things: I DONT CARE.

What happens if Lawrence throws a pick 6? The other team scores 6 points and we get the ball back. Okay.

Almost every QB in the league has thrown a pick 6 at least ONCE. Or, we could do like we’ve done before (Insanity: same thing/different results and all...) sit on our hands, screw the pick up and slide further down the bowels of irrelevance until they move the team to San Antonio/St Louis.

Or...just maybe: we sack up, be BOLD. Take the guy that has been anointed as the BEST QB prospect in a DECADE since he was a freshman....and let it ride.

What’s the worst that could happen??

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

*Tebow*   Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm 2 seconds away from blocking Wolfy

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Tebow wasn't the consensus top QB of his draft. 24 teams passed on him, and one of them took a QB other than Tebow. Some even thought Clausen should go ahead of Tebow.

Nobody was high on Tebow except for Gator homers.

Nobody.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-11-2021, 03:09 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Nobody was high on Tebow except for Gator homers.

Nobody.

Correct.  I recall the media criticizing Tebow's long windup (slow release) and lack of going throw progressions, but also noting that it would only have to take 1 GM  (and coach) to make Tebow a 1st round pick and sure enough it happened.  Otherwise, most predicted he would have to switch to TE or settle into a role as a permanent backup to make it long term in the NFL.

I'd compare Trevor more to the anticipation that came out with the Andrew Luck hype and analysis.

I haven't read anything more boneheaded about this draft than this. Tebow was never seen as the top QB in that draft. Everyone knew he wasn't a natural thrower and his success came off his ability to run. literally everyone knew that. I don't even know what to say to this honestly its just ridiculous.

(01-11-2021, 01:45 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Here we go.

We all know at the moment he throws his first int you will be like:

"I told you all Lawrence is not the answer we need a winning QB"

Just put it on your sig instead of reminding us in every post you make.

no i won't, thats not what i meant by  first time he throws a pick 6. even brady ,rogers,brees ,and the chiefs qb mahomes have throwen pick 6 ints in thier  carrers.   I was asking if Travor would be able to forget the int happened,and  take next drive down field for a td like other Franchise qbs have done.  Simply put im just worried about  the # 1 pick working out for the jags.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

[Image: OptimisticRawCassowary-size_restricted.gif]

Tebow was the 25th pick of the darft. If only the Broncs traded up to 24, they'd have ended up with the next Aaron Rodgerts.

Stipud Broncos.

I have a friend who's not even a Jaguars fan who is so in love with Lawrence and hypes him at every turn as the "next Peyton Manning" and goes on and on about all the Super Bowls he will bring here and how blessed I should feel to the point where I think he wants to propose to the guy. .

I like to troll him by telling him I sure hope we don't dump Minshew so we'll still have "the Magic" when Lawrence inevitably flops.

Even I wouldn't troll this guy as hard as Snowie is by invoking the name of Timothy Tebow as a prooftext. There's gotta be limits, you know.

I did enjoy this thread, though.

(01-11-2021, 05:57 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: I have a friend who's not even a Jaguars fan who is so in love with Lawrence and hypes him at every turn as the "next Peyton Manning" and goes on and on about all the Super Bowls he will bring here and how blessed I should feel to the point where I think he wants to propose to the guy. .

I like to troll him by telling him I sure hope we don't dump Minshew so we'll still have "the Magic" when Lawrence inevitably flops.

Even I wouldn't troll this guy as hard as Snowie is by invoking the name of Timothy Tebow as a prooftext. There's gotta be limits, you know.

I did enjoy this thread, though.

Next Peyton? Oh boy.. Peyton threw 28 interceptions his rookie year, imagine the threads if TLAW does anything close to that... LOL.

We don't get a chance to draft a QB like Lawrence, like.... ever. You HAVE to take Lawrence at number 1 and ride and die with him. Surround him with weapons, protection, etc. I hope I am right, but this isn't a given.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2021, 08:56 PM by Jags.)

So, if we’re to recap, we’re damned if we draft TL but we’re
Screwed if we don’t.  to to make the franchise right  we need him.  .  But if WE do, we’re Screwed.  Ok got it. I’m super
Confused here. Do we draft the guy or not?

(01-11-2021, 01:53 PM)NCJag Wrote: And if my aunt had a crank, she would be my uncle.

You can either wallow in mediocrity for 2 DECADES like this team has done or uses these 4 picks in the first 2 rounds to shape and mold the future. I for one am not going to worry about woulda/shoulda/coulda’s because in the bigger scheme of things: I DONT CARE.  

What happens if Lawrence throws a pick 6?  The other team scores 6 points and we get the ball back. Okay.

Almost every QB in the league has thrown a pick 6 at least ONCE. Or, we could do like we’ve done before (Insanity: same thing/different results and all...) sit on our hands, screw the pick up and slide further down the bowels of irrelevance until they move the team to San Antonio/St Louis.

Or...just maybe: we sack up, be BOLD. Take the guy that has been anointed as the BEST QB prospect in a DECADE since he was a freshman....and let it ride.

What’s the worst that could happen??

Pretty much sums it up.

Every QB who makes it to the pro level doesn’t have misconceptions of what to expect as far as difficultly.

But...

I’m sure Trevor is thinking “man if I go to Jacksonville, I will have to prove myself to that one guy who makes those videos on that message board under the name wolfie.”  

He has to know the pressure is on.

No points!
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]