Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Pederson fired

Adam Schefter just posted it 

Doug Pederson is out as Eagles head coach, per @dangrazianoespn.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Our next OC
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(01-11-2021, 03:18 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Our next OC

I hope you are wrong.

I know I’m in the minority, but I would take him. Wonder what this means for Wentz/Hurts. Maybe Wentz lands in Indy?

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2021, 03:30 PM by Brett.)

It's crazy how quickly things in the NFL can turn around. Just won the SB three years ago and then bam.....out like that. If I was some type of coach in the NFL, I'd be doing this every 5 seconds:

[Image: JyotKVK.gif]

Damn, brutal business

Maybe this is what he was shooting for when he benched Hurts in the 4th quarter.   Smile
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-11-2021, 04:16 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Maybe this is what he was shooting for when he benched Hurts in the 4th quarter.   Smile

Hmmm... 

[Image: giphy.gif]
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Please Khan...I'm begging you.....hire Pederson as the new head coach!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-11-2021, 03:23 PM)jagman Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 03:18 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Our next OC

I hope you are wrong.

He got Philly a SB trophy.... something Andy Reid never did. Reid ended up going to KC and got his, Doug get fired and goes to another team an wins another SB watch. 

5 years 3 playoffs appearances and 1 SB trophy. With a back up QB for two of those years. I would take that right now as a Jags fan.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(01-11-2021, 06:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Please Khan...I'm begging you.....hire Pederson as the new head coach!

The Andy Reid effect...... Let's Gooooo! Funny if where ever he lands he wins another SB.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(01-11-2021, 06:22 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 03:23 PM)jagman Wrote: I hope you are wrong.

He got Philly a SB trophy.... something Andy Reid never did. Reid ended up going to KC and got his, Doug get fired and goes to another team an wins another SB watch. 

5 years 3 playoffs appearances and 1 SB trophy. With a back up QB for two of those years. I would take that right now as a Jags fan.

(01-11-2021, 06:22 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: He got Philly a SB trophy.... something Andy Reid never did. Reid ended up going to KC and got his, Doug gets fired and goes to another team an wins another SB watch. 

Look at our franchise's needs.

What in the world does Pederson lack?!?

We have the first pick overall, and there is a once in a generational type QB talent sitting on the board.

If this team needs to get ANY pick right, it's Lawrence.

Pederson played his NFL career as a QB in a QB friendly offense. 

He has coached in a QB friendly offense.

He has developed QBs (Wentz, Foles, Hurtz).

He has won a Super bowl.

He lacks NOTHING!

This is the coach we need!

(01-11-2021, 04:16 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Maybe this is what he was shooting for when he benched Hurts in the 4th quarter.   Smile

That benching definately was intentional. Exactly what that intention intels is beyond me.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I think we should take a good look at coach Pederson. But I would assume since Khan has met with Meyer already that he is probably going to be our next head coach.

Just have to wait and see.

Thats brutal. Yes Philly have been bad but theyve had so many injuries and the depth just isnt there.

Is that an attractive job? Not much to build and work around and what are the expectations? Does benching Hurts factor into this and the backlash from players and talking heads?

IMO if Khan wanted Pederson, Pederson would take the job and Pederson would be foolish not to take it. This would be a win win and that's why it won't happen!
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(01-11-2021, 06:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 06:22 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: He got Philly a SB trophy.... something Andy Reid never did. Reid ended up going to KC and got his, Doug get fired and goes to another team an wins another SB watch. 

Look at our franchise's needs.

We have the first pick overall, and there is a once in a generational type QB talent sitting on the board.

He has won a Super bowl.

He lacks NOTHING!

The support of his locker room. A demonstrated ability to put team ahead of self (apparently didn't like being told what to do). A desire to win that is greater than loyalty to one player (what up Nate)

We just did this dance, it was not fun, and led Shad to want to have a say in all of the transactions.

I am perfectly fine with letting someone else roll the dice to see if it was a fluke or a trend.

He should have been fired immediately after the game in week 17. He lost the entire locker room that night. Not sure what took so long here.

(01-12-2021, 09:51 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 06:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Look at our franchise's needs.

He has won a Super bowl.

He lacks NOTHING!

The support of his locker room. A demonstrated ability to put team ahead of self (apparently didn't like being told what to do). A desire to win that is greater than loyalty to one player (what up Nate)

We just did this dance, it was not fun, and led Shad to want to have a say in all of the transactions.

I am perfectly fine with letting someone else roll the dice to see if it was a fluke or a trend.

So did he get sufficiant locker room support to win the Super Bowl?

Did he have enough demonstrated ability to put team ahead of self to win the Super Bowl and have three straight playoff seasons?

(01-12-2021, 10:51 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 09:51 AM)Mikey Wrote: The support of his locker room. A demonstrated ability to put team ahead of self (apparently didn't like being told what to do). A desire to win that is greater than loyalty to one player (what up Nate)

So did he get sufficiant locker room support to win the Super Bowl?

Did he have enough demonstrated ability to put team ahead of self to win the Super Bowl and have three straight playoff seasons?

What's alarming is he seems to have used the last game of the season to settle a beef with the front office. It's like he didn't care who he angered, the execs or the players. Makes me wonder if he's simply burnt out at this point and needs to take a season off to recoup.