Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone else dealing with planned armed marches in their area?

(01-14-2021, 05:54 PM)captivating Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 05:19 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Meh.  The town where my grandfather's ranch used to be (Dixon, NM) pretty much everyone open carries.  Granted it's a very small and very rural town (people still get around on horseback frequently).

When I am out on my property I openly carry not only a pistol, but frequently have a shotgun with me, especially in the spring/summer months or one of my rifles (usually an AR-15) in my UTV.  I have been driving down some of the dirt roads in my UTV and stopped/spoke with several different deputies from Clay and Putnam counties while doing so and they never seemed fazed or even asked about my firearms.

Would I do the same in a city or urban environment?  No.  However while in Jacksonville I do conceal carry pretty much anywhere that I go with the exception of work since I work on a military base.

Why do I carry?  For my own protection.  My wife went through training and also got her concealed carry permit and carries anywhere she goes.

Just wondering if you or the missus ever had to use or threaten to use a concealed sidearm?

I have shown mine to a would-be attacker right here in Orange Park.  I never took it out of the holster but made him aware that I had it.  It was some pissed off punk that had a case of "road rage" because I drove ONLY 5mph over the speed limit coming up US-17.  My wife has not ever had the need for hers.

(01-14-2021, 06:05 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 05:52 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: It used to be somewhat popular to open carry in my area but now most people have a little folding rifle tucked up in their tractor, or a vault installed in their truck.

Mostly for coyotes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but coyotes don't bother people, right?  There are occasional coyote sightings in central florida and the most anyone says about them is "keep your pets / farm animals inside at night"

There are coyotes on my property (as well as bobcats and bears).  I have seen all (except for the bears) not only on my game cameras but in person.  The thing is I have dogs and occasionally younger children out there.  I am also in the process of building infrastructure for livestock.  Coyotes and to a lesser extent bobcats are nuisance animals that pose a danger.

I have also run into trespassers on my property that I had to run off.  Just because my property looks like a national park doesn't mean that just anybody can camp there.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If I’m in the woods, I’m carrying. Be it for coyotes bobcats snakes or bears, I’m carrying in the woods. Idk what state. Now the open Cary states, hey, if they allow it, great. Do it if you want.

I will say, one of the dumbest videos I’ve ever watched on YouTube was a guy from Florida. Open carry is apparently legal if camping, hunting or fishing. This dumb sack of [BLEEP] puts a pole out on a pier then goes back to his car and then holsters a gun. Walks back to pier open carrying in front of police (since it’s his right). Of course the police give him [BLEEP]. He has to record it all of course. Just because it’s legal, doesn’t mean you should flaunt it. In open carry states, it is what it is. Me personally I would not broadcast I had it. I do agree with the poster that said it was a “billy bad [BLEEP]” thing. That I agree on.

I've seen many open carry here in NC. I did a double take the first time I saw the guy with a sidearm on his belt holster walking into a Target store but that was more so I knew who was carrying in case something went sideways. I think there had been a slew of shootings around the country that year, this was maybe in 2016 or so but I don't remember specifically, and that is when open carry became more common in a town/city setting in my area.

I haven't noticed it as much in the last several years but that might change.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 09:03 PM by homebiscuit.)

I take mine to the golf course.

Slow players, outta my way!

(01-14-2021, 06:14 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 06:05 PM)mikesez Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but coyotes don't bother people, right?  There are occasional coyote sightings in central florida and the most anyone says about them is "keep your pets / farm animals inside at night"

No they're very weary or people, but they'll snatch small dogs up pretty quick. 

They're considered a pest animal here, they multiply considerably if not checked, and they cause a LOT of damage to irrigation lines. Like, you're spending 30k a year to repair it or shooting some coyotes.

How do coyotes damage irrigation lines?

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 09:05 PM by Jags.)

I’m going go out on a limb and say with their teeth. They thirsty sons of [BLEEP]

(01-14-2021, 09:05 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m going go out on a limb and say with their teeth. They thirsty sons of [BLEEP]

The heathens can't drink out of the hose like the rest of us?

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 09:10 PM by Jags.)

(01-14-2021, 09:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 09:05 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m going go out on a limb and say with their teeth. They thirsty sons of [BLEEP]

But they can bite the line then lap it up in the puddle that forms...????? Maybe??? I do t think that’s too far “fetched”

(01-14-2021, 06:05 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 05:52 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: It used to be somewhat popular to open carry in my area but now most people have a little folding rifle tucked up in their tractor, or a vault installed in their truck.

Mostly for coyotes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but coyotes don't bother people, right?  There are occasional coyote sightings in central florida and the most anyone says about them is "keep your pets / farm animals inside at night"

We are infested with coyotes up here in southwest Ohio. Just about every night there's a whole pack of them howling in the woods behind my house. They'll snatch up any small animal they can find from dogs and cats to small calves and lambs. The ones up here are pretty bold. They even caught one on a video a few years ago stalking a toddler in his back yard. The father saw it and snatched the kid up and ran in the house.

(01-14-2021, 09:10 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 09:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The heathens can't drink out of the hose like the rest of us?

But they can bite the line then lap it up in the puddle that forms...????? Maybe??? I do t think that’s too far “fetched”

I'm sure that's it. I've never heard of them doing that. However, the Central Valley gets pretty dry in the summer time.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 09:22 PM by Jags.)

(01-14-2021, 09:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 09:10 PM)Jags Wrote: But they can bite the line then lap it up in the puddle that forms...????? Maybe??? I do t think that’s too far “fetched”

I'm sure that's it. I've never heard of them doing that. However, the Central Valley gets pretty dry in the summer time.
They could just be trying to fight all the wildfires.  Maybe they’re heroes and SF is the bad guy?  Love ya SF.  I’m on your side, man.

(01-14-2021, 09:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 06:05 PM)mikesez Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but coyotes don't bother people, right?  There are occasional coyote sightings in central florida and the most anyone says about them is "keep your pets / farm animals inside at night"

We are infested with coyotes up here in southwest Ohio. Just about every night there's a whole pack of them howling in the woods behind my house. They'll snatch up any small animal they can find from dogs and cats to small calves and lambs. The ones up here are pretty bold. They even caught one on a video a few years ago stalking a toddler in his back yard. The father saw it and snatched the kid up and ran in the house.

I can remember walking home with my mother one night from a neighbor's house down the road in rural Kansas. There were a bunch close by and yelping it up. I think that's the only time I became concerned about coyotes. I was only 8 or 9. I found a big stick and grabbed a bunch of rocks that I would hurl in their direction on occasion. They tracked us for about a quarter mile until we came upon another neighbor's house that had big dogs.

I will say they sound darn right evil when you hear them out in the wild. Very eerie sound.

Times have changed so much. Growing up in Kansas it was an everyday sight to see pickups driven by students parked at the high school with long guns on racks in the back window. No one gave it a second thought.

Then I read a story about a kid getting expelled from school because a security guard saw a steak knife on the back floorboard of his car that had fallen there while helping his grandmother move. It's pure insanity.

(01-14-2021, 10:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Video shows Jacksonville Beach man pulling gun on burglar (news4jax.com)

That gun sure made him run away.  

Did the burglar have his concealed pipe carry?

(01-14-2021, 09:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

(01-14-2021, 09:10 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 09:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The heathens can't drink out of the hose like the rest of us?

Exactamundo!

(01-14-2021, 09:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 09:10 PM)Jags Wrote: But they can bite the line then lap it up in the puddle that forms...????? Maybe??? I do t think that’s too far “fetched”

Half my parcel is under a river and they still chew up my drip lines. Mice do it too but not as bad and they're so relentless I don't even try to stop them. 

And the raccoons are even worse, they just directly steal bunches of grapes.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2021, 08:02 AM by Lucky2Last.)

Maybe the coyotes should march on the capitols.

(01-15-2021, 08:02 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Maybe the coyotes should march on the capitols.

Take your speciesist roadrunnerphobic hate somewhere else, fascist!

(01-15-2021, 08:02 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Maybe the coyotes should march on the capitols.

And bring all their undocumented cargo with them to show the world who the Democrat Party really is.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato