Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impeached and Acquitted Again

The only President to be impeached 2x.  This is truly a historic moment considering he only served 1 term.  

I beg to ask, does anybody really talk about the good things Richard Nixon may have accomplished during his 5 years in office?  The reason I ask is because I have a feeling this is how Trump will be remembered into the distant future and into the history books of generations to come.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lol, so what.

It's only "Insurrection that MUST BE PUNISHED!!!!!" if Trump says it. When The Lush was calling for riots that actually happened no one cared. Which is why half the country is about done with the fake news, fake government bull [BLEEP], all partisan all the time is no way to go through life.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-13-2021, 05:32 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Lol, so what.

The Trump cult's entire political philosophy, ladies and gentlemen.

Good night everybody!

(01-13-2021, 05:39 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 05:32 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Lol, so what.

The Trump cult's entire political philosophy, ladies and gentlemen.

Good night everybody!

It's a sham like the first one. Are we supposed to take this serious?

So basically they're saying that the left is still majorly butthurt..

And?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2021, 05:55 PM by Jagwired.)

Telling the same joke twice still does not make it funny. Simply makes the teller look like a [BLEEP].

Hell, there are still seven days left. The crypt keeper and company could fit three or four more in. Creepy, child sniffing joe could light the fire at the base of the stake they have nailed him to.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Just another overreach by democrats. It's meaningless.

(01-13-2021, 05:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's only "Insurrection that MUST BE PUNISHED!!!!!" if Trump says it. When The Lush was calling for riots that actually happened no one cared. Which is why half the country is about done with the fake news, fake government bull [BLEEP], all partisan all the time is no way to go through life.

Palpatine_Ironic.gif
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

This from an article about the possibility Trump could argue his case once no longer in office. 

With the strong possibility that a Senate trial may not happen until after President-elect Joe Biden takes office, host Sandra Smith asked Turley on Wednesday if he thinks Chief Justice John Roberts would preside over a figure who has left office.

Turley acknowledged that he did not know the answer to that question, saying, "We are well into the land of the unknown."

"It is going to get even more bizarre once the president leaves office," he continued. "You will be trying to remove a president who has already left. It’s like grounding a plane that’s landed and can’t take off again."

Turley then pointed out that "the president, as a former president can argue in court that he is no longer subject to impeachment."

"The impeachment provision refers to the purpose as the removal of the president," he noted. "The added penalty of barring him from future office is something that occurs after conviction and removal."

The two bolded parts are particularly interesting. If he's out of office, how can they remove him; and if the added penalty of barring him from future office occurs after conviction and removal....what's the point of this? He's already gone. You can't remove someone who is not there. Someone who is better at understanding this stuff than I am, feel free to explain it in simple terms. 

(01-13-2021, 06:59 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This from an article about the possibility Trump could argue his case once no longer in office. 

With the strong possibility that a Senate trial may not happen until after President-elect Joe Biden takes office, host Sandra Smith asked Turley on Wednesday if he thinks Chief Justice John Roberts would preside over a figure who has left office.

Turley acknowledged that he did not know the answer to that question, saying, "We are well into the land of the unknown."

"It is going to get even more bizarre once the president leaves office," he continued. "You will be trying to remove a president who has already left. It’s like grounding a plane that’s landed and can’t take off again."

Turley then pointed out that "the president, as a former president can argue in court that he is no longer subject to impeachment."

"The impeachment provision refers to the purpose as the removal of the president," he noted. "The added penalty of barring him from future office is something that occurs after conviction and removal."

The two bolded parts are particularly interesting. If he's out of office, how can they remove him; and if the added penalty of barring him from future office occurs after conviction and removal....what's the point of this? He's already gone. You can't remove someone who is not there. Someone who is better at understanding this stuff than I am, feel free to explain it in simple terms. 

They all need some reason to remain busy and stay on taxpayer funded payrolls.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2021, 07:12 PM by americus 2.0.)

(01-13-2021, 07:05 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: They all need some reason to remain busy and stay on taxpayer funded payrolls.

Okay, explain it beyond the obvious which is they're virtue signaling.

(01-13-2021, 07:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 07:05 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: They all need some reason to remain busy and stay on taxpayer funded payrolls.

Okay, explain it beyond the obvious which is they're virtue signaling.

My guess is they can still try to convict him, even though he wouldn't require removal, and then after that try to bar him from holding office again.

It's pretty sad actually.

Starting with when President Trump beat Hillary in the 2016 election the left has been openly calling for violence and disruption against the administration.  The MSM helped by calling violent mobs/riots/looting "mostly peaceful protests" even though there was death, destruction and attacks on government.  The left pushed through a baseless and sham impeachment at the end of 2019/beginning of 2020 while ignoring the real issue facing us (the China virus).

What happened at the Capitol was mostly a peaceful protest which the left turned into a "violent mob" and "insurrection" with the help of the MSM.  Sure there were a few bad apples that went too far, but what happened at the Capitol was by no means a "violent mob".  The deaths, while sad themselves were the result of a Capitol PO having an itchy trigger finger, a police officer that got hit in the head and a few that had health problems.  Yet many people just lapped up what they were told and took it as the truth.

Big tech threw more "fuel on the fire" by banning freedom of expression on their sites and platforms specifically towards anyone who backs President Trump.  The left is calling for members of Congress to resign or be put out for doing their constitutional duty (their job).  They are basically "black balling" anyone who worked for President Trump's administration.  This is the kind of thing that happens in Communist countries.

Once again Congress (specifically the house) wastes time on another impeachment solely for political reasons and to insult/humiliate President Trump.  This impeachment means nothing and is going nowhere other than to the minds of people that can't see reality.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

To me, this is just a giant waste of time and money. He's been impeached once and it did absolutely nothing! Impeaching him again will last into the next presidential term and he'll already be gone. I have come to the realization that impeachment is basically the equivalent of a traffic citation. What should've happened was the invocation of the 25th amendment, but Pence and the rest of the GOP once again put party before country. Now we've got a ticked off, loose cannon running the country. He has the launch codes and basically every right wing radical hanging on his every word.

(01-13-2021, 07:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: To me, this is just a giant waste of time and money. He's been impeached once and it did absolutely nothing! Impeaching him again will last into the next presidential term and he'll already be gone. I have come to the realization that impeachment is basically the equivalent of a traffic citation. What should've happened was the invocation of the 25th amendment, but Pence and the rest of the GOP once again put party before country. Now we've got a ticked off, loose cannon running the country. He has the launch codes and basically every right wing radical hanging on his every word.

Could you possibly be more dramatic?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-13-2021, 07:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 07:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: To me, this is just a giant waste of time and money. He's been impeached once and it did absolutely nothing! Impeaching him again will last into the next presidential term and he'll already be gone. I have come to the realization that impeachment is basically the equivalent of a traffic citation. What should've happened was the invocation of the 25th amendment, but Pence and the rest of the GOP once again put party before country. Now we've got a ticked off, loose cannon running the country. He has the launch codes and basically every right wing radical hanging on his every word.

Could you possibly be more dramatic?
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2021, 08:55 PM by mikesez.)

I'm of two minds about that.
I see Trump as the kind of guy who would try something on his last day, just as a middle finger to the world.
but if the Senate speeds up their schedule, to hear the case tomorrow, then tomorrow just becomes the day that Trump tries something. 
If you really think the President wants to go out with a bang, you have to either invoke impeachment on an emergency basis, and have the Senate willing to totally ignore their own rules, or you have to invoke the 25th.
Which comes to the two minds thing.
Half of me really thinks that Pence already invoked the 25th Amendment and didn't tell anyone else.
If that's true, don't worry about the nuclear launch codes or the military.
You would still have to worry about all the wackadoodle rogues and civilians who might do whatever Trump tells them.
I suspect the 20th will be interesting, but with the battle lines far away from Pennsylvania Ave / Black Live Matter Plaza
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Omg he has launch codes. The left can give it a rest. I’m sure 4 or even 8 years from now, the left will be bringing up Trump. They’re so scared of him because he doesn’t follow the normal “pay me for my views” like the rest of the idiots. Say a few things not PC and holy cow! The nerve of this guy!!! Their only harming this country more. Hope the left gets what it wants. I’m sure even them won’t be happy about it.

The Senate is in recess until January 19th. There's no time for a hearing before he leaves office. Once he leaves office they have no standing to try or convict him.

What will be fascinating is seeing how the Dems try to impeach him on these charges in 2025.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato