Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impeached and Acquitted Again

[Image: 20210213-101957.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-13-2021, 11:20 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [Image: 20210213-101957.jpg]

Now THATS funny!!!

The Senate has voted 55-45 to hear witnesses.
The first witness is likely to be Rep Christine Herrera Butler, and she is likely to say that she overheard a phone call between Trump and Kevin McCarthy where Trump did not want to intervene against the insurrection.
Depending on how sure she is of what she heard, it will either be clear that Trump was complicit as the insurrection went on (he knew it was life threatening to members of Congress and thought that was great) or it will be clear that additional witnesses such as McCarthy and Tuberville need to be called.
Finally we are getting to the meat of the matter!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-13-2021, 01:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: The Senate has voted 55-45 to hear witnesses.
The first witness is likely to be Rep Christine Herrera Butler, and she is likely to say that she overheard a phone call between Trump and Kevin McCarthy where Trump did not want to intervene against the insurrection.
Depending on how sure she is of what she heard, it will either be clear that Trump was complicit as the insurrection went on (he knew it was life threatening to members of Congress and thought that was great) or it will be clear that additional witnesses such as McCarthy and Tuberville need to be called.

I just can't with u bruh.  It uses to be funny.  Gaslight better cuz.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2021, 01:40 PM by mikesez.)

(02-13-2021, 01:30 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 01:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: The Senate has voted 55-45 to hear witnesses.

I just can't with u bruh.  It uses to be funny.  Gaslight better cuz.

Is there a better word for a violent and irregular effort to take over the seat of government and capture or kill members of Congress during an important proceeding?

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2021, 02:16 PM by mikesez.)

Never mind, the Democrats chickened out for some reason. For those of you who think that I'm a Democrat, or never criticize Democrats, here you go. reference this post. They are either too chicken to press forward and figure out what everyone's State of mind was that day, or they don't want it to be exposed that they've been lying to us all along. The former is infinitely more likely than the latter, but, a good and honest person would want to eliminate all doubt, and the Democrats are neither good enough nor honest enough.

I’m sure it’s because they suddenly chickened out and not because they’ve been lying about it all along. Yeah...that seems much more plausible. Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-13-2021, 02:28 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’m sure it’s because they suddenly chickened out and not because they’ve been lying about it all along. Yeah...that seems much more plausible. Laughing

I'm sure they were lying about something. All politicians lie about something.
But I also know what I saw on TV.
I saw an insurrection attempt cheered on by the President.  I think I deserve to know what the President knew and when, and what he wanted and when, but, apparently neither the Democrats nor the Republicans agree.
Then again a 14th amendment resolution may solve this.

Lol, now what?

(02-13-2021, 04:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Lol, now what?

You misunderstand. This exercise in obvious futility was meant to heal the divide and bring us together.

(02-13-2021, 02:44 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 02:28 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’m sure it’s because they suddenly chickened out and not because they’ve been lying about it all along. Yeah...that seems much more plausible. Laughing

But I also know what I saw on TV.
I saw an insurrection attempt cheered on by the President.  I think I deserve to know what the President knew and when, and what he wanted and when, but, apparently neither the Democrats nor the Republicans agree.

You know those things already, you just can't admit that you're playing the fool for the left again.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

That's pretty much the case.  The democrats (mikesez's party) aided by much of the media turned a mostly peaceful protest into a "riot" and "insurrection".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-13-2021, 05:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

That's pretty much the case.  The democrats (mikesez's party) aided by much of the media turned a mostly peaceful protest into a "riot" and "insurrection".

how do you explain representative Herrera Butler's statement that has been read into the record without her objection?

(02-13-2021, 02:44 PM)mikesez Wrote:

But I also know what I saw on TV CNN.
I saw a mostly peaceful protest but CNN told me that it was an insurrection attempt cheered on by the President.  I think I deserve to know fantasize about what the President knew and when, and what he wanted and when, but apparently CNN, NBC, Google and Wikapedia don't support my fantasy.  neither the Democrats nor the Republicans agree.

Used my special mikesez decoder ring to decipher your post.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-11-2021, 07:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 06:15 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Then it wasn’t his speech on the 6th the caused everyone to storm the capitol building? His commercials running for a month ahead of time whipped every one into a frenzy? Why wasn’t there more security in Washington that day if anyone really believed any of the [BLEEP] they’re now trying to push? 

It was his speech, no, the commercials. No, it’s because he lies so impeach him!!!
Keep moving those goal posts around ...eventually you might land on something that sticks.

Listing reasons isn't moving goalposts and there a plenty of valid reasons. 

They all appear to be sticking by the way.

You were saying? Big Grin

Donald Trump, the only twice acquitted President of the United States.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-13-2021, 05:33 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 05:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: That's pretty much the case.  The democrats (mikesez's party) aided by much of the media turned a mostly peaceful protest into a "riot" and "insurrection".

how do you explain representative Herrera Butler's statement that has been read into the record without her objection?

It's pretty much hearsay.  Her statement says the "he said President Trump said...".

(02-13-2021, 05:33 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 05:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: That's pretty much the case.  The democrats (mikesez's party) aided by much of the media turned a mostly peaceful protest into a "riot" and "insurrection".

There is not one court in the country that would allow hearsay testimony like that.

(02-13-2021, 05:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Donald Trump, the only twice acquitted President of the United States.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=15005344]

Nancy Pelosi spent 4+ years trying to take out President Trump and struck out every time.