Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impeached and Acquitted Again

(01-14-2021, 01:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:54 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think Biden is a lot more healthy right now at 78 than Trump will be in 4 years.

Without medical training and studying the medical record of each, I don't know how anyone could be remotely qualified to make such assumption. But I get it, #orangeman bad bandwagon.

I admit, I am only judging by appearances and the reported habits of the two of them.  Trump is obviously very overweight, and from reports, he loves fast foods.  Plus, being President ages a person, and Trump has had a very stressful 4 years as President.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

One more weekend until boring biden. I cant wait!!!

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 01:34 PM by homebiscuit.)

(01-14-2021, 01:28 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 01:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Without medical training and studying the medical record of each, I don't know how anyone could be remotely qualified to make such assumption. But I get it, #orangeman bad bandwagon.

I admit, I am only judging by appearances and the reported habits of the two of them.  Trump is obviously very overweight, and from reports, he loves fast foods.  Plus, being President ages a person, and Trump has had a very stressful 4 years as President.

Remember when the DNCMSM implied the White House doctor was misrepresenting Trump's physical results when he didn't reinforce the same assumptions as yours?

(01-14-2021, 01:28 PM)Jag88 Wrote: One more weekend until boring biden. I cant wait!!!

China shares your enthusiasm. Hunter is breathing easier, that's for sure.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 01:36 PM by mikesez.)

(01-14-2021, 12:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The assumption that if Trump ran again he would receive overwhelming support and the automatic nomination is misguided. He was very effective serving as an influence for future candidates who wish to win wide Republican support, but on a personal level he's chaotic.

His support wasn't overwhelming the first time.
The way the GOP nomination works, there are a lot of early, expensive contests that are winner take all.
he won all of Florida's GOP delegates with about 40% of the vote
But he could have won all of them with about 30% of the vote. all he needed to do was get more votes than Rubio.
If the GOP doesn't change the rules, and Trump runs again, he will be the nominee.
Even if the Senate votes to bar Donald Trump from running again, Ivanka has about the same level of stage presence and she would more likely than not win the nomination if she tried.
The GOP needs to do both.
They need to forbid Trump from running again, and the need to change the rules of their nominating process.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-14-2021, 01:35 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The assumption that if Trump ran again he would receive overwhelming support and the automatic nomination is misguided. He was very effective serving as an influence for future candidates who wish to win wide Republican support, but on a personal level he's chaotic.

His support wasn't overwhelming the first time.
The way the GOP nomination works, there are a lot of early, expensive contests that are winner take all.
But he could have won all of them with about 30% of the vote. all he needed to do was get more votes than Rubio.
If the GOP doesn't change the rules, and Trump runs again, he will be the nominee.
Even if the Senate votes to bar Donald Trump from running again, Ivanka has about the same level of stage presence and she would more likely than not win the nomination if she tried.
They need to forbid Trump from running again, and the need to change the rules of their nominating process.

The Trump name is forever sullied in politics. He will be a beacon of support to the RNC but not as a candidate. His day is over.

I'm sure Ivanka doesn't want to cope with all the underhanded dealings from the MSM while trying to raise a family.

When Babylon Bee becomes real life.

[Image: 20210114-124640.jpg]

Don jr sure does not look good. He looks like a tool. Trump has way more Talent than any of his kids except Ivanka

(01-14-2021, 01:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 01:35 PM)mikesez Wrote: His support wasn't overwhelming the first time.

(1) The Trump name is forever sullied in politics. He will be a beacon of support to the RNC but not as a candidate. His day is over.

(2) I'm sure Ivanka doesn't want to cope with all the underhanded dealings from the MSM while trying to raise a family.

(1) is not true.  I wish it were true but it is not.  He still has majority approval from GOP voters.

(2) regardless of Ivanka, Donald will run again and win if they don't change the rules.  They need to either ban him from running again or change the rules.  I don't think you want Ivanka as the nominee for President, but if the GOP doesn't change the rules, it is likely to happen, whether that's in 2024 (when her youngest will be 8) or in 2036 when he's 20.

Pelosi hasn't sent article of impeachment to Senate yet. So much for the urgency?

(01-16-2021, 06:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Pelosi hasn't sent article of impeachment to Senate yet. So much for the urgency?

No cameras available?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Why are we wasting taxpayer dollars on this? The man is gone. He is no longer in office. What is this gonna accomplish? He's been impeached once and do you know what that did? Nothing! Trump continued doing what he always did, only on a larger scale. Impeachments are completely meaningless and are just an excuse to widen the divide and ignore the real issues that need to be addressed in this country. Once again, the system fails.

(02-09-2021, 03:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Why are we wasting taxpayer dollars on this? The man is gone. He is no longer in office. What is this gonna accomplish? He's been impeached once and do you know what that did? Nothing! Trump continued doing what he always did, only on a larger scale. Impeachments are completely meaningless and are just an excuse to widen the divide and ignore the real issues that need to be addressed in this country. Once again, the system fails.

Three reasons:

1) Bragging rights. The left wants desperately to be able to claim they impeached Donald Trump twice.
2) To keep him from ever holding office again. Why? Because they're afraid of him.
3) If successfully impeached in the Senate, Trump would be ineligible for funds granted to former presidents for administrative and technical assistance for establishing a Presidential library. 

Again, it's not enough he's out of office. The left want his history canceled.

(02-09-2021, 03:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 03:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Why are we wasting taxpayer dollars on this? The man is gone. He is no longer in office. What is this gonna accomplish? He's been impeached once and do you know what that did? Nothing! Trump continued doing what he always did, only on a larger scale. Impeachments are completely meaningless and are just an excuse to widen the divide and ignore the real issues that need to be addressed in this country. Once again, the system fails.

Three reasons:

1) Bragging rights. The left wants desperately to be able to claim they impeached Donald Trump twice.
2) To keep him from ever holding office again. Why? Because they're afraid of him.
3) If successfully impeached in the Senate, Trump would be ineligible for funds granted to former presidents for administrative and technical assistance for establishing a Presidential library. 

Accurate, but, after January 6, why isn't *everyone* who cares about the Constitution and the republic afraid of him?
Why is anyone OK with the proposition that he can run for office again?

(02-09-2021, 03:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 03:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Three reasons:

Accurate, but, after January 6, why isn't *everyone* who cares about the Constitution and the republic afraid of him?

Because some people are free thinkers and not sheep and understand anything Trump said was nothing worse than what Maxine Waters said.

(02-09-2021, 03:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 03:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Three reasons:

You answered your first question with another question. Nice!

(02-09-2021, 03:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Why are we wasting taxpayer dollars on this? 

That's nothing compared to the taxpayer dollars we spent to secure the US Capitol and other State Capitols directly as a result of the Jan 6 rioters.

[Image: 17transition-briefing-security-videoSixt...ne1050.jpg]

(02-09-2021, 03:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 03:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: Accurate, but, after January 6, why isn't *everyone* who cares about the Constitution and the republic afraid of him?

He had plenty of practice talking to himself when NeptuneBeachBum was around.

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2021, 04:01 PM by mikesez.)

(02-09-2021, 03:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 03:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: Accurate, but, after January 6, why isn't *everyone* who cares about the Constitution and the republic afraid of him?

Because some people are free thinkers and not sheep and understand anything Trump said was nothing worse than what Maxine Waters said.

OK, suppose I grant that point.

The Maxine comparison is fine as far as it goes, until you get to the point where Maxine has never been in command of security forces and Trump was in command that day.

Did Trump call for the National Guard to be deployed the moment he realized what was going at the Capitol?

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2021, 04:03 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(02-09-2021, 04:00 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 03:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Because some people are free thinkers and not sheep and understand anything Trump said was nothing worse than what Maxine Waters said.

OK, suppose I grant that point.

The Maxine comparison is fine as far as it goes, until you get to the point where Maxine has never been in command of security forces and Trump was in command that day.

Did Trump call for the National Guard to be deployed the moment he realized what was going at the Capitol?

Ah, ok... so instead of saying "I agree. Maxine Waters should be removed from her seat", you are going to play the "level of power" card.  She is a house representative dude.

Also, you people called him Stalin when the possibility of him sending in the Military to Portland was an option. You can't have it both ways all the time. Pick a belief.

(02-09-2021, 03:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Go home and come back when you can follow an argument.